Hotel Marienbad
$98
$87
HolidayInn.com
  • Restaurant
Park Inn by Radisson Nuremberg(Nuremberg)(Great Value!)
$85
$70
  • Restaurant
NH Collection Nurnberg City(Nuremberg)(Great Value!)
$99
$113
$147
$137
  • Breakfast included
Movenpick Hotel Nuremberg-Airport(Nuremberg)(Great Value!)
$99
$73
$71
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewscentral stationhalf blockold towngreat locationdb museumbreakfast was excellentrecommend this hotelprivate parkingminute walkthere is no air conditioningbeds were comfortablespent two nightsnice hotelstay there againenjoyed our staybreakfast roomstar hotel
Reviewed October 5, 2012

There was no access to hot water across the entire hotel due to a problem with the boiler and we were not informed of this in advance, despite the hotel having our email address.

The heater in the room did not work and the bed sheets were very thin.

Additionally, there was also a broken lightbulb in the bathroom which kept turning on and off intermittently - quite annoying. Adding to this, a very small, hard to notice elevation between the bathroom floor and the room caused my 60 year old father to trip and hurt his leg.

The receptionist did not speak English and the credit card machine did not work either, which was quite inconvenient.

I did not enjoy my stay here and neither did the rest of my family.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2012

we checked in on Friday night we were met by a very friendly Man who spoke English very well.He was the Son of the owners .We were given a good size room with bathroom ,Tv is good it gives at least 3 english speaking channels. Wifi is available for a few euros , Breakfast was very good there was choice of yoghuts and fruit cereal and Eggs and sausages . For the price of $89 euros this i thought was very good , There is also a small minibar fridge in the room which can be used for your own things , The hotel is about 50 metres from the western end of the Central station. This is very convenient for anyone travelling by train like myself ,Personnally i like to support Private Hotels and this is a good one

Room Tip: the rooms at the back are quiter because they are not facing the street
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank victoria w
Reviewed September 7, 2012

we had been informed when we booked that the elevator will not be working due to renovations.we were on first floor.it was silent,we slept well.the hotel was very close to the train station and the police headquarters.we stayed about a week as we planned daily trips to Bamberg and Munich and Würzburg.however mostly when we entered the hotel there was no one around at the reception.people usually stayed for a day or two.linens were clean and the towels were changed every day.but twice we found things that did not belong to us in our room.once a screw driver and then an invoice for some guest! some long hair on the bathroom wall which did not belong to us as well.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Let's start with a fact that is basic to put reviews on perspective:

-I booked a double room to be used by one person. Room+Breakfast was 65 euros per night in this 3 stars hotel.

- Location: The hotel is 50m away from the train station and 10 min away from the city center on foot. Usually in Germany I try to avoid areas surrounding train stations as they are usually edgy, but this is not the case in Nuremberg. The Sheraton Hotel is just next door and so are several other known hotels.

- The room was standard, with a huge tv but a small bathroom.

- One of the best features of this hotel are the people working on it. Everyone made me feel really welcomed and they were more than happy to help me with suggestions and even providing maps for the city.

- Breakfast was basic. I would have loved a bigger variety but taking into account the price for the night is acceptable.

- The only inconvenience was that I did my booking well in advance so I didn't know about the renovations going on. They are changing the lift and therefore you could hear people working from early in the morning. Hopefully I think they will finish those works in September 2012.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank axola2009
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Stations in German cities are often surrounded by red-light districts. Nuremberg is an exception - this hotel is only a few hundred metres from the side entrance to the main station down a very quiet street made up of other respectable hotels and various financial offices. It is a few minutes walk to the national railway museum and to the historic walls around the city centre. The rooms are compact but clean and comfortable. Reception were friendly and breakfast very good, although the buffet area is a bit cramped. We had the warmest of welcomes from staff who spoke excellent English. I wouldn't particularly join the criticism of the decor - it is more a reflection of German tastes in this sort of hotel. For us the big thing was that it was clean and well-maintained.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple