“Very mixed”

NH Collection Nurnberg City
Ranked #11 of 126 Hotels in Nuremberg
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Positives: clean, modern, breakfast good, location fine, staff friendly. But sadly two things made this a hotel we can't attend again. Parking is 12 euro per day but no room on last day and had to park at a dodgy unlit car park opposite. And a kettle in room was 5 euro per day.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Paul S

Reviewed October 14, 2013

A very nice hotel near the city center with onsite parking. The room was modern, well appointed. The staff was helpful with several items. The breakfast buffet which was included was stunning including at least two types of egg, hams, wursts, multiple cereals, smoked salmon, two preparations of herring, fresh juices and fruits. Free wi-fi in the lobby and free internet in the room made communications easy.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank wajtv
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

A nice hotel, friendly service. The locations is good, a 7 minute walk drom the central railway station. But again no free wifi at the rooms. But at least it is available at the lobby. We have veen strugling over the lack of wifi all over the Germany.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Arevik05
Reviewed October 10, 2013

NH Nuremberg hotel has a good location near the Hauptbanhnhof and the Aldtstadt. The staff is very friendly. I chose the hotel based on the Booking.com details which states that the hotel has fast wired internet in the rooms, and that this is FREE. I am a business user, so this is important to me. I was booked in for four nights. One has to renew the internet login every 24 hours, which is inconvenient in itself.

I found that the "FREE" internet has a limit of 100 MB, which runs out pretty quickly for anyone having to complete work during the evenings- well before 24 hours runs out. The staff did supply new logins for me, but this was an inconvenience and disrupted my work. They were unaware of the 100 MB limit.

I don't recommend the hotel for anyone needing an internet connection for work purposes.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Aunknown
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Spent 3 nights here, overall pleasant experience. Staff were friendly & helpful. Beds comfortable. It would be nice to have wi-fi in rooms but it is free in the lobby. The location is great, an easy walk to the main shopping area & tram station directly across the street. I would recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank tedandbarb
Reviewed October 4, 2013

The location of the hotel was a real plus, especially as we were coming and going from the train station. It is also close to just about everything we wanted to see and we were able to walk. We had a nice size room which was very clean and quiet. The dining area looked beautiful however we did not have the breakfast so I can't comment.
The staff were very good, very helpful. They held our luggage for us at the desk while we traveled to Bamburg for the day. They also gave us a free cable for our computer which worked much better than the other hotels we stayed in using wifi. Also, after moving on to other parts of Germany I realized I had left a scarf in our room. I emailed the hotel to ask if it would be possible to send it to me in Canada. They were very prompt in their responses and would have taken the trouble to mail it to me but in the end I told them not to bother. I really appreciated that they were very friendly in their correspondence.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Functional business, impersonal hotel
Positive: very good location, very clean and functional rooms, good breakfast buffet, nice bar/restaurant/lounge
Negative: front desk staff not incredibly friendly (not unfriendly either), a bit understaffed at checkout in the morning. No wireless (had to go pick up an ethernet cable!!! what century do they live in??). Limited bathroom amenities (with gel and hand soap dispenser...)
The reason why I won't give a higher rating is that I paid an extortionary rate for this hotel, due to some convention/meeting going on at the time. 300EUR/night is totally absolutely not justified.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Travelers also viewed these Nuremberg hotels
Hotel Victoria
Altstadt - St. Sebald
Sorat Hotel Saxx
Sorat Hotel Saxx
#6 of 126 in Nuremberg

Been to NH Collection Nurnberg City? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about NH Collection Nurnberg City

Address: Bahnhofstr. 17-19, 90402 Nuremberg, Bavaria, Germany (Formerly NH Nuernberg City)
Location: Germany > Bavaria > Franconia > Middle Franconia > Nuremberg
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Room Service Wheelchair access
#5 Green Hotel in Nuremberg
#6 Luxury Hotel in Nuremberg
#6 Business Hotel in Nuremberg
#14 Romantic Hotel in Nuremberg
#22 Family Hotel in Nuremberg
Price Range: $86 - $381 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — NH Collection Nurnberg City 4*
The newly renovated NH Collection Nürnberg City is located in the very city center of Nuremberg, just a two-minute walk from the central station (an important hub for ICE and long-distance trains) and a five-minute walk from the old town. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your NH Collection Nurnberg City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Nh Nurnberg City Hotel Nuremberg