“Business Hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Spokane, Washington
“Business Hotel”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I've stayed here twice whilst attending the Spielewaremesse. (toy fair) and it is great. Its definitely a spendy place, but such a great place. Their breakfast alone is worth the stay. Its just outside of the old town walls a few blocks, and not far from the U-Bahn. Since both times I was there, the stays were long, we wanted a comfortable place and this fit the bill. It lacks the charm of a smaller european place, but delivers in every other respect. Rooms were big, clean, and comfortable. I was always able to use their Wi-Fi with no problems, so it made keeping up on work a lot easier. I would definitely choose this place again for business travel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Mexico
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Clean big rooms. Parking on site. 5 min walk to downtown. We found a very good price without breakfast, as close to center no problem to enjoy one of close by cafes. Only bad thing is that there was no wifi on the rooms, only common areas.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I reserved this hotel specifically because they had a good location in town, AND because they had parking. So imagine my joy when, after driving 6 hours to get there, the hotel front desk reception cheerfully told me their parking was full, and I could use the public parking that was around the corner, up the hill, just a couple blocks away. They don't have enough parking for all guests, and I also think the lot is open to the public. You can't reserve the parking, there is no valet. Despite me being fairly ballistically upset, the staff just didn't care.

Also, while there is indeed internet in the rooms -- it's only with cable. No wifi. So don't count on being able to use your iPad, etc.

A frustrating stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank H2where
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed December 15, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the NH in Nurnberg for one night to visit the Christmas market. The checkin was easy enough (the room wasn't ready, but they easily took our bags) and the room was furnished with modern accents. The beds were quite comfortable and the bathroom was new. Also of note, the fitness center had great cardio machines and there was a lovely and large sauna area, I had not anticipated...thus, I wasn't able to enjoy it. I encourage future visitors to anticipate this and enjoy it as it was quite cold when we were there!

My only complaints are the distance from the town center especially for walking in the cold as well as the location next to a large bus terminal and hostel. Often there would be hoards of people on the sidewalk and we would have to walk in the street, therefore I feel comfortable saying the location of the hotel wasn't as convenient as I would have liked!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed December 3, 2012

My fiance and I stayed at the NH for 2 nights for a quick weekend trip to the city for the Christmas markets. We chose the hotel mainly for the location as it was just a short walk from the train station. It turned out that the location was absolutely perfect. To get to the hotel from the airport, you simply hop on the U2 for 20 minutes to the train station. From there it's just a 5-10 minute walk to the hotel. The cost of a one way ticket for 2 people was only about 5 euros, so it was cheap, extremely easy, convenient and quick! The old town was also very easy to get to and walkable. Not only is it easy, but the the walk to the old town is very charming with the city walls, turrets, cobble stone streets, and bars and restaurants line the streets. If you want to visit the Nazi Party Rallying Grounds, it is also very easy to get to from the hotel. Just hop on Tram 9 from the stop right in front of the train station to Dokum Zentrum. It's probably about 30 minutes from the hotel, including the walk to the stop.

As far as quality of the hotel, if you like modern materials and fixtures this is the hotel for you! The rooms are very clean, modern, but the beds are a bit on the harder side. The pillows are quite flat so you may end up with a sore back and neck in the morning. Our room was on the street side and you can hear the trams coming and going in the early morning. If you're a light sleeper, it may prohibit you from sleeping in. Although our room was also next to the elevators, the walls are very soundproofed as we couldn't hear anything from the hallway.

The buffet breakfast costs 20 euros/person, which we thought was extremely high. Therefore, we opted to eat at a cafe in the train station one day and the other at a stand in the market, spending less than 20 euros for 2 people each day.

The service of the reception was friendly and efficient. We had 4 hours to kill before our flight home. The hotel gladly held onto our luggage for us until it was time for us to leave.

Overall, this was a nice, clean, modern hotel in an excellent location. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
İstanbul, Türkiye
Reviewed November 16, 2012

We have been there for the Brau Exhibition which makes the rates greater than the ordinary season. Still, the hotel doesn't meet the service expectations if you compare with their room rates (1.000 Euros for 3 nights only). There is no wireless internet on the floors, and you have to ask to reception for old fashion internet cables, so you are not able to have an internet connection from your room if you are an Apple user. I called to ask a cable, reception told that they were so busy and it was my first time that I have been invited to the reception to get the cable by myself. I changed my pajamas and went to the reception!!! Also it is not understandable why I should call the reception for max. 5 cents slippers. However, the food served was very good. The hotel is just walk away from city center. Beds are quite comfortable. So, if you can’t find another option, NH still can be an alternative place to stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed November 4, 2012

This was our sixth Hotel on our three week rail trip around Germany.
Was a very welcome two day stop - great sized rooms, with modern facilities.
As soon as we walked into the Reception area we knew we were going to enjoy it -friendly, helpful staff. The breakfast was great, and enjoyed having free internet access in the room - although I have to admit I didn't know where to to put the LAN cable. Am so used to wireless!
Wireless is available free on the ground floor.
Great location - a couple of blocks walk to the Main Train Station (HBF) and Old Town. At the entrance to Old Town is a great Information Office.
A big variety of restaurants and bars close by - walked everywhere.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple