My fiance and I stayed at the NH for 2 nights for a quick weekend trip to the city for the Christmas markets. We chose the hotel mainly for the location as it was just a short walk from the train station. It turned out that the location was absolutely perfect. To get to the hotel from the airport, you simply hop on the U2 for 20 minutes to the train station. From there it's just a 5-10 minute walk to the hotel. The cost of a one way ticket for 2 people was only about 5 euros, so it was cheap, extremely easy, convenient and quick! The old town was also very easy to get to and walkable. Not only is it easy, but the the walk to the old town is very charming with the city walls, turrets, cobble stone streets, and bars and restaurants line the streets. If you want to visit the Nazi Party Rallying Grounds, it is also very easy to get to from the hotel. Just hop on Tram 9 from the stop right in front of the train station to Dokum Zentrum. It's probably about 30 minutes from the hotel, including the walk to the stop.
As far as quality of the hotel, if you like modern materials and fixtures this is the hotel for you! The rooms are very clean, modern, but the beds are a bit on the harder side. The pillows are quite flat so you may end up with a sore back and neck in the morning. Our room was on the street side and you can hear the trams coming and going in the early morning. If you're a light sleeper, it may prohibit you from sleeping in. Although our room was also next to the elevators, the walls are very soundproofed as we couldn't hear anything from the hallway.
The buffet breakfast costs 20 euros/person, which we thought was extremely high. Therefore, we opted to eat at a cafe in the train station one day and the other at a stand in the market, spending less than 20 euros for 2 people each day.
The service of the reception was friendly and efficient. We had 4 hours to kill before our flight home. The hotel gladly held onto our luggage for us until it was time for us to leave.
Overall, this was a nice, clean, modern hotel in an excellent location. I highly recommend it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated NH Collection Nürnberg City is located in the very city center of Nuremberg, just a two-minute walk from the central station (an important hub for ICE and long-distance trains) and a five-minute walk from the old town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with NHHotels, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your NH Collection Nurnberg City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nh Nurnberg City Hotel Nuremberg
- Nh Nurnberg City Nuremberg