“Charming” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 126 Hotels in Nuremberg
california
“Charming”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

We found this small hotel just outside the city wall to be very charming and pleasant. The public areas are very chic and tasteful and the room quite comfortable. Breakfast is excellent with many homemade bread and items.
My only complaint is the lack of warm lighting in the room and inside the bath.

Room Tip: Parking is nearby in the main bahnhof.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dhlchung

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Zurich
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

Conveniently located near the main train station, right-sized – not too many rooms, room good enough for sleep and brief work. Excellent breakfast, better than many 5 star giants. Great value for money.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank APL83
Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

This hotel is close to station requiring only a 3/4 mins walk - come out of the train station and walk across the street. The hotel decoration is like a modern boutique hotel and stylish. The room is clean and good size. The best thing is the buffet breakfast which comes with the room - its not the basic bf you expect from most European hotels - choices are far more than plenty and even has some fancy homemade gourmet items. Excellent value.

• Stayed May 2013
Luton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

This is a modern/trendy hotel, 1 minute from the HBF and Altstadt.

English speaking staff (didn't speak with one who didn't speak English) were very professional and helpful.

Room was clean and comfortable, with a very nice bathroom.

Stayed here whilst at a show at the Messe, which can be accessed quickly on the u-bahn at the HBF. In my spare time i visited the Nazi rally grounds and museum, accessed by tram, which again is outside the HBF. The altstadt walls are just around the corner, so you can visit everything there easily.

This hotel is a great hub for Nurnberg, right in the city centre, but away from the 'less desirable areas' associated with city centres and rail stations.

Would certainly go back, be that on business or as a couple.

TIP: When you come out of the HBF, the meridian grand is opposite, this place is on the road to the right of the meridian, but the entrance is tucked away on the right hand side of the road, like a shop front, so could easily be missed. There is a subway out of the HBF, which exits on the corner of this hotels road, which is a safer bet.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Valencia, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Most excellent hotel for price. Room was great, nice an comfortable and quiet. Hotel lobby and bar area is very nice. Staff was very nice. Breakfast was delicious, plenty of choices even for the picky eater. It's a shame we only stayed one night, very nice hotel only a few blocks from the old city area and the main train station

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
St. Petersburg, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

We stayed in Art & Business hotel during 4 nights and we were really happy we chose it for our short trip. It has perfect location - just 15 min from the airport by U-Bahn and just a couple minutes of walking from central station/Hauptbahnhof and from the historic center.
Normally we ask for a room on the upper floor to avoid noise from the street, here we got exactly what we asked for + window went to the backyard - so it was even more quiet. The room was clean, well designed, with a very good equipped bathroom. Bottles of water (still and with gas) are supplied for free.
Though there was Toy Fair in Nurnberg we didn't see many people in the hotel and we enjoyed it.
What I'd like to remark is two things you shouldn't miss staying in Art & Business hotel:
1 - Breakfast, it's much more than just a buffet! the area is full of light, very comfortable, and it's not just food you get there, it's a special way of everything served there: besides common 'breakfast' things you can have here perfectly servied home-made franconian specialties. I really miss their home-made desserts served in a short-glasses!! When we enjoyed our first breakfast there a very friendly woman approached to us with greeitng and gave us some precious advice about sightseeing in the city.
2 - Art Bar & Lounge. Usually we prefer not to spend time sitting in hotels' bars but this one was our first exception of a rule. The atmosphere is very nice and cosy and making you feel very relaxed. I was interested in tasting of franconian wine and two nice ladies (two different evenings) offered us very good wine telling also some features of it and giving advice which wine is better to buy to bring as souvenir from Nurnberg. Don't miss schnapps Haas Haselnuss Geist - it was exactly what we wanted after having got cold at the football match on the stadium! Music, books, magazines and newspapers are a very nice bonus as well.
The staff was very helpful with any questions we had (map directions, transport advice, restaurant reservation, post service).
I would definetely come back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Upper floor and windows to the backyard is a guarantee of good sleeping )
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Zhurali
Tamworth UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

I was in my room at A& B trying to get my on-line boarding pass via the Free wi fi in the rooms when I found Air France had screwed up my flights and put my homeward flight the same date a month later! I was trying to dial the local airport (19:30 local time) when I got A&B Reception rather than an outside line. Receptionist (Anna) insisted I came to reception with my paperwork.

She then took over and got hold of Air France sorted out my flights (and saved me 400 Euro because she knows her way around the airlines). She got me booked for an extra night, there were no flight seats available at all the following day, on a special rate (and free room upgrade) to help with my stress levels at suddenly finding I had no flight home. What could have been a calamity for me (especially as I had business meetings all the following day right up to when I was due to fly) was handed smoothly and quickly by the Hotel even though it was not actually their problem. The rooms are as usuall clean and stylish. Breakfast is good with lots of choice. This is why I have stayed there for the last 5 years on business.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business