“Nice but not as slick as the website!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of art & business Hotel

You added art & business Hotel to your Saves list
art & business Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Gleissbuehlstrasse 15 | 90402, 90402 Nuremberg, Bavaria, Germany   |
Ranked #5 of 131 Hotels in Nuremberg
Northampton
“Nice but not as slick as the website!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

Stayed for 2 nights on business. Will keep this brief:

Check in - quick painless, very pleasent reception staff. Luggage room available to leave on arrival if room is not ready.

Room - The hotel plays its self as a boutique quirky hotel, I felt the room was a real let down. It looks quite tired and a bit shabby, the fixtures and fittings were not of a high standard. The beds were comfy but the pillows paper thin, had to request more from reception. Good WiFi coverage in the room.

Bathroom - it did its job but just needs a bit of attention. Again it looks a bit shabby, dusty pipes, the towels were also a bit worn.

Breakfast - The highlight of our stay, what a selection. Lovely lady served us each morning and on the second morning she had remembered that I drank Peppermint tea and brought it straight over, this I thought was a nice touch as the hotel was full due to the Toy Fair.

Despite the negatives, now I know what to expect I would stay there again if on a trip to Nuremberg (LOVELY city). If the same attention had been paid to the rooms as to the communal areas in the downstairs of the hotel, it would be a Tripadvisor 5 for me!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Los Altos, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

Stayed here during a conference. Very close to the station, and just at the edge of the old town. Make sure you get the superior room though, as the regular one is definitely inferior.
The staff are very friendly and helpful but you do need to ask for a bar of soap. Good value for the money, and the location cannot be beat.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Brentwood, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2010

We wanted to be close to the train station and the Christmas market and the A and B Hotel more than filled the bill. Just a short walk to both. The staff was very friendly and helpful getting reservations and taxis. Very welcoming and comfortable bar. The room was a little on the small size but very efficient. Nice modern bathroom. Our room overlooked a courtyard that would be nice to use during the warmer weather. The breakfast was the best we had on our entire trip. Lots of fresh and unique items. We would definitely use this hotel again.

Northants, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2010

Stayed her for 3 nights in December visiting for the Christmas markets. Hotel is very convenient for the train station and just a 10 minute walk to the main shopping areas including Christmas markets.

The building is unremarkable but once inside it is very modern. We had a double room which I did find quite small with very little storage space (no drawers and very narrow shelves in the open wardrobe), OK for just a couple of days. Free internet in rooms, but no chair to sit in just a covered stool which was not comfortable for very long.

Strangely for a modern design the walls in the room has woodchip wallpaper on. However everywhere was spotlessly clean and warm. I found the ben a little too hard for my personal taste but the quality of the bed linen was excellent.

Breakfast was really good, lots of homemade jams fresh eggs, bacon and sausage homemade biscuits etc.

Staff were really friendly most spoke very good english and had lots of tips on how to get the best out of this wonderful city at Christmas. We would probably stay againbased on the location, staff and breakfast.

Bernolakovo, Slovakia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2010

I did book this hotel after reading reviews at TA. It seemed to be a good value for money.
Well I have to say I was a bit disappointed. Why I will describe in last part not to begin with the bad.

The location is perfect right outside the Main train station and a short walk to the city center and Christmas markets.
We book Superior room, which is larger and has a bath.The room was large enough with good bed but very small and soft pillow. Also the room missed minibar though a complimentary bottle of water was available.
The bathroom was of average size. There was a small con as there was only one soap dispenser near the washbasin. In the tub combined with shower there wasnt any and from the one near the basin you were separated by the glass of the shower.

The breakfast was very good, with helpful staff and variety of choices, including scrambled eggs, bacon, hams, chesses ...

Well if it stayed like this I would say OK for a hotel, but:
After arriving to the room it was very cold. As the A/C was turned off I went downstairs to ask what to do. I was informed that A/C is only for cooling down not heating (with tone which made me feel like idiot, well I have stayed in hotels where they used it for both but OK, my fault), and that I should turn up the heating radiator (heater) under the window plus turn on the heater in bathroom and leave the doors open so the room would heat up.
The heater had the control hiden so i had to nearly lay on the floor to set it to max. The heater in bathroom was even turned off and even after whole afternoon was not able to heat up the bathroom itself not to help in heating up the room.
Well sorry but in 4* hotel I some how expect to come into fully prepared room.

Beside this due to the positive reviews here, being it a 4* hotel and having Superior room for 150 Eur per night I just did expect something more. Next time It would probably choose something else.

Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2010

I found this hotel on TA while focused on finding a hotel with a good location relative to the old city and ata good price. Initially this hotel fit that requirement, but I was really impressed by the hotel itself and the service is some of the best I have ever experienced. The staff at this hotel are some of the most personable service oriented professionals that I have enocountered in 20+ years of business travel.
The hotel itself is somewhat compact, but they have made great use of the space that is available. The rooms are new ( I prefer the double room) and very clean. I have stayed on both sides of the hotel and both afford complete quiet, even the ones on the front since the windows are double paned.
While I was there the staff went out of their way to make me feel comfortable and provided detailed answers to any questions that I had concerning restaurants, transportation, etc...
I had to check out early in the morning before breakfast was available and I jokingly asked if I would still be charged for breakfast (which is extremely fresh by the way) and the front desk told me that they would have a take-away breakfast available for me behind the front desk. Of course it was there and there was more food in the bag then I could eat. A very pleasant final surprise.
Bottom line...if you are looking for a hotel in Nurnberg that far surpasses the service provided by the more expensive hotels go no further the the A&B Hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Ile de France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2010

Quiet hotel, 5 minues walk from main railway station. Rooms are clean and functional, single bed generous in width. Shower rather cramped, but not excessively so. Good quality breakfast buffet with home-made jams. Did not test bar. No nearby restaurants - 10-15 minute walk.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business