“Great stay”

Ranked #1 of 126 Hotels in Nuremberg
New York City, New York
“Great stay”
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay in the hotel. I agree with all that has been written with expectation of the noise. The two nights we stayed a full blow party was out our window. Screaming and partying until 4:00AM ! Even good windows did not help. I am not sure if this is the usual circumstance but I think a bar is right near the hotel. I am writing this as the noise is keeping me awake !!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Wiesbaden
Reviewed April 22, 2014

The kindness of the staff is limitless and they are very flexible. They allowed us to warm up the food for our baby in the lobby after the check out. They parked our car in the garage and picked it up by checking out. A glass wine/beer with snacks was offered on the first evening.The hotel is very central, near to the train station und very quiet in the same time (the rooms give on the side). The rooms are designed and comfortable. There is no window shutter and the room isn't dark in the morning. The pillow are very soft, which is not comfortable for the neck.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Very interesting this hotel. Well located with super attentive and full of personal stories: each room tells a story (vendadeira or not I do not know) about the city. I was staying in a room that spoke of the first railway in Germany. Had a piece in the room that I believe belong to a train. It's worth staying there.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank fstefanoli
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

I visited for a business trip 11th to 14th March 2014. This hotel was booked after a recommendation from friends. To summarise:
Location - excellent 5/5. You couldn't get a better location if you want to explore a little during your stay. It's right in the centre of the town, seconds from some of the attractions and surrounded by different resraurants. Approx 30mins via taxi from the airport. A 5 minutes walk to the main central train station.
Room and Amenities - Good 4/5. I travel alot on business and usually opt for the radisson blu or hilton style chains as their tried and tested hotels with the right comfort, amenties I need and good service. I can honestly say Drei Raben was good. Not as well oiled operation as some of the larger chains but they have all the necessary options available for a good comfortable trip. Room service, breakfast, wifi, tv, conference calling etc etc all available. Plus and I will come onto this later the staff are more than than happy to help you further if they can. My room was good, not huge but of an adequate size with all the usual refinements you'd expect. It was also well designed and laid out, different from the typical euro boxes with cream walls etc. This hotel has character in bucket loads whilst still having the correct amenties available to make it suitable for business. The only minor point I'd add is that the hotel doesnt have its own restaurant for evening dining. However the staff were happy via room service to go to a local italian restaurant in the nearby area and order my food and bring to my room. Great!
Service - Excellent 5/5. All the staff I came across were polite and curteous with sniles all round. All talkative and no job was too much for them. I wont go into specifics but I had a few requests, all which were carried out in full with smiles by the excellent staff. I'll go as far as saying the staff are the best asset to this hotel.

I will be returning and I would happily recommend this hotel to colleagues, friends and family.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Bikrumjit P
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I called to make a booking, but the hotel was fully booked. The person with whom I spoke was so kind and helpful that I wanted to write this review. He recommended another hotel across the street. We stayed at the similar hotel recommended (which was excellent, too) and so I can say that the location is excellent. I would happily look forward to staying at this hotel in the future.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

Charming spacious rooms and great location. We stayed for 5 days in a junior suit- 2 adults and a 9 year old child. The suit sleeps 3 and we all had plenty of room. Breakfast was very nice. At night it did get a bit loud at night due to the happening location, but it was worth it. Close to the train station and right in the old city, we would choose to stay here again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Letterkenny
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed in the Drei Raban for 3 nights during the Biofach trade show in Nuremburg. We booked it online and when we arrived we were told that the hotel had been over booked so we were given the suite (Room 44). The room was very spacious overlooking the old town. It has 2 bathrooms and a small living accommodation with a very unusual wall unit with water and sand from local stone that you can twist around to make shapes. Very hippie !

The hotel has a free bar every evening for 2 hours from 6.30 which we couldn't pass up on (it would have been rude !). I was very partial to the smoky bacon beer. Try it.

The owner joined us on 2 nights to advise us as to where to eat locally and his recommendations were spot on. Trip Advisor helped too !

Breakfast was lovely with fresh fruit and bread. I had an omelette on 2 mornings which are made beside you in the dining room. Lovely touch.

We had a great time and loved every minute of our stay. Hope we can come back some time soon.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business