Holiday Inn Nurnberg City Centre
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
Smile Hotel(Nuremberg)
Great 4.5/5
Adina Apartment Hotel Nuremberg(Nuremberg)
Great 4.5/5
  • Pool
Aria Hotel(Nuremberg)
Average 3/5
Hotel Fackelmann(Nuremberg)
  • Bar/Lounge
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsred light districtapartment roomold townapple juicehotel is locatedturn rightunderground parkingwithin the wallsfree coffeesmall gyman upgradeshopping areawithin walking distancechristmas marketflat screen tvhotel barcomfortable hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Stayed here on rewards points for a one night stopover. I was upgraded to one of the top floor apartments, which was a very nice gersture. The room is clean and large with kitchen and nice large bathroom. The negative is that the carpeting and furnishings are showing their age with some stains, etc. The location is a convenient walk to the centre of old town, but, if you are here with your family, be aware that the red light disrict is just at the end of the block with the ladies parading their goods in the windows. Propery seems quiet. We had the windows open on Saturday night and it seemed to be quiet.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank eurocarpaul
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Nurnberg City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Dear eurocarpaul,

We welcome feedback especially from our valued guests like you. Thank you for being one of our IHG Rewards Club Members. I am glad to know that you found our hotel location convenient and the level of service you received is highly commendable.

On the other hand, I am sorry for any inconvenience the room conditions may have caused you. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Once again, thank you and we hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to the city.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manger
IHGCare

Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

Really enjoyed our stay here on our drive to Budapest.
Great restaurant and lovely rooms
I would recommend this hotel for everyone.
The staff are really polite and friendly and can speak several languages.
Breakfast was superb, English and continental and plenty of choice. Really good coffee too!
Visit here and enjoy!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Joynesie
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I feel this hotel is very good. Good points are large room, high quality, good breakfast, great service like free mini-bar and free coffee & tea at the front. Only location is not the best, you need to walk around 15 minutes to center of the city.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank SpursKT
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I am in general a fan of Holiday Inn franchisee but this hotel is stands out among the crowed. It is conveniently located in the city center within the castle walls. All the major attractions are at walking distance from the hotel.There is a good choice of food in the city center. Food prices in the hotel itself are quite reasonable.

Hotel is approximate 15 minute walk from DB station. Hotel staff is very helpful and courteous.

Be aware that hotel is barely 20 meters away from the red light street so you might wanna keep a note of that specially if you are travelling with family.

Room Tip: All rooms are more or less the same so no specific choice
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Please be aware when you make reservations, there is an additional per person charge of 25 euro's per night. I booked thru the Holiday Inn 800 number and was told that my final amount would be 67 euro's per night not the 92 that was on my e-mail confirmation. When I called to question the final amount quoted and actual amount charged, they did not honor the original amount quoted. Since my reservations are not until July 2014, I can't comment on my stay yet.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Liz960
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Nurnberg City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Dear Liz960,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review about your experience while booking a reservation. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We would like to follow up with you and have sent you a private message.

Thank you again for your comments, we hope to hear from you soon.

Adrian D