Holiday Inn Nurnberg City Centre
$98
$196
$171
  • Restaurant
Park Inn by Radisson Nuremberg(Nuremberg)(Great Value!)
$163
Hotel Victoria(Nuremberg)
$140
$129
  • Bar/Lounge
Movenpick Hotel Nuremberg-Airport(Nuremberg)(Great Value!)
$119
$82
Travelocity
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsred light districtapartment roomold townapple juicehotel is locatedturn rightunderground parkingwithin the wallsfree coffeesmall gyman upgradeshopping areawithin walking distancechristmas marketflat screen tvhotel barcomfortable hotel
Reviewed January 17, 2013

During the summer, I stayed at the Holiday Inn City Center for two days. My daughter and grandson stayed there also and we met other family members, who also stayed at the hotel.
We enjoyed the hotel. It is close to the historic district, close to shopping, sight seeing, restaurants and the subway. My room was very quiet, clean and modern. Breakfast was great and the staff was helpful and friendly. We also enjoyed the snacks and coffee in the entrance hall, while using the hotel's computers and waiting for each other.
During the sizzling days, we appreciated the air condition, which is missing in most hotels in Nürnberg. I recommend this hotel and I will be back.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Very nice hotel, rooms clean and modern. Restaurant good, but on the expensive side. Breakfast of a good standard, with all the normal German breakfast items.

The hotel is round the corner from the red light district, but this should not put people off as there was absolutely no cross over traffic.

It is within the old city walls, so exploring the Altstadt is easy from here.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 13, 2013

The Holiday Inn Nurnberg City Centre is a nice, modern hotel, on the edge of the historic district. It is a very short taxi ride from the train station (which I'd recommend - while close by, it would be a little tricky to find on foot).
My cozy, very clean room was located on an upper floor and overlooked a quiet, interior courtyard that was the paid parking area. I found everything to be adequate with a comfortable queen bed, closet space, safe, minibar, and a kettle with tea and instant coffee. I used the wired WLAN in the room, but bring your own cable.The bathroom was a nice size and had good amenities.
The front desk staff was facile speaking English although I didn't need to ask them for any local information. There were a variety of restaurants and shops within a few blocks, although I didn't find any great restaurants during my stay. The hotel restaurant was only serving buffet during breakfast and was very busy during my stay, so I opted to go out.
Other reviews mention the red light district near the hotel. While there is a very short street with a few adult businesses and a couple of bars located near the hotel, don't be put off - this is certainly not Amsterdam's red light district. You don't have to walk down that street to get to the hotel and I was out during the evening and never felt uncomfortable here.
Overall, I had no complaints. This is a very comfortable, well-located hotel worth recommending.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Very pleasant hotel located directly in the heart of Nurnberg (Norymberga). It's perfect place to start city sightseeing there. Hotel is clean, nice, calm.
Underground parking very good and with goo price.
Staff helpful and kind.
I'm staying a lot in IHG hotels so I can recommend that hotel with full responsibility.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed here after a 3 week trip around Europe. The taxi from the airport to the hotel only cost us 14 euro! That was a great surprise. When we arrived we were checked in right away. Our room was the largest we had while travelling in Europe and overlooked a pretty stone courtyard. We were on the 3rd floor. As some people have indicated, the hotel is located on the edge of the red light district, however, my husband and I went out nightly and felt safe. It was not a problem, nor did we see any behavior that indicated it was anywhere near a red light district. The hotel is located within the old city walls. Walking around you can explore bridges, cobble stone streets, and modern shops all at the same time. It is really beautiful and quite picturesque. There are a number of restaurants and, as I have said, shops within easy walking distance. The staff was quite helpful, and courteous when we checked in, as well as when we checked out. They helped us find the train station, (an easy 10 minute walk, but if you have luggage, pay 5 euro for a cab) and directed us to all of the sights and sounds in the city center. We did not eat at the hotel, so we cannot say whether or not the food was good. The hotel offers room service, but it was a bit expensive, so we opted to not get any. The hotel was quiet, and we never were disturbed. Overall it was a great place to stay, and a wonderful value. We would choose this hotel again if we return to Nuremberg.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple