TripAdvisor

from $61.68
from $61.68
from $43.74
More Info
All reviews his knowledge private tour combo tour wwii tour great tour rally grounds old town full day tour nuremberg trials better understanding ask questions subject matter nuremberg area come alive day trip smoked eel walking tour
Selected filters
Reviewed September 9, 2019 via mobile

Our tour today was excellent. We saw a beautiful Nuremberg and thanks to Manfred we learned about it’s very interesting history. Clearly Manfred is extremely knowledgeable when it comes to the history of Nuremberg
and very proud of his city.

As a result we thoroughly enjoyed our tour and learned a great deal about this beautiful city. Do yourself a favor when you book this tour and request Manfred

George and Phyllis C
Rockaway NJ

Date of experience: September 2019
TourGuideKevin, Owner at Nuremberg Tours in English, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2019

Thanks

Reviewed September 3, 2019

My wife and I were on a beer-themed river cruise and were ending with two days in Nuremberg. We originally contacted Kevin for his Rothenberg tour since it was not on our cruise agenda and a must-see historic village. However, due to a mechanical issue and delay, our cruise itinerary was changed to add a Rothenberg stop. A last minute contact with Kevin resulting in him agreeing to change our tour itinerary to the Franconian Village Beer Tour. We are very happy we made the change and appreciate Kevin's flexibility. A mid-morning hotel pickup and we were on our way to Bamberg. A beautiful historic town that happened to be in the middle of a 5-day beer festival. We went early to avoid the crowds but got to see the street vendors setting up and visited a great old brewery (beautiful building) try the classic smokebeer (you have to try it!) and see the classic Bamberg Stuffed Onion on mashed potatoes. Wow! Couldn't try it because Kevin promised an even better lunch at our next stop. On to Huppendorf and the best roasted half-chicken and potato salad you've ever tasted. Plus more beer! A great outside dining area with locals enjoying a Friday lunch. Can it get any better? Final stop, the village of Forchheim and another old brewery where the local men were gathering to start their Friday evening early. The brewery was out of the beer we thought we would get but plenty of substitutes. With each stop Kevin provided some local history, a few sights, and recommendations about the beers. We arrived back in Nuremberg in the early evening, tired, filled with food and beer, and happy with a very good tour that capped off our cruise. Thanks, Kevin!

Date of experience: August 2019
TourGuideKevin, Owner at Nuremberg Tours in English, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2019

Thanks for the review, Jim. I had a real enjoyable day with you guys.

Reviewed September 1, 2019 via mobile

Sadly, I found this tour lacking. Based upon pricing, I expected a top notch tour. That’s not what we received...

We had just arrived on the train when we received a call that Kevin was in the lobby waiting for us. We hadn’t had a chance to freshen up a bit or exchange money. Regardless, we rushed to join him as quickly as we could. Unbeknownst to us until afterward, we were on the clock as soon as he arrived, despite his being 1/2 hour early.

There was a festival and road construction and we wasted considerable time trying to find a way around the problems. At one point, he suggested we not go to Zeppelin field as the road was closed. Rather, he would just tell us about it. I can get that experience from a book, thank you. He agreed to take us to the site only after I told him I really wanted to see it and that we were willing to walk. It was a short walk and I found it unbelievable that he didn’t suggest it himself. When we arrived, he did not take up up to the rostrum - we stood below, he gave us his spiel, and we left.

I recognize traffic issues were not Kevin’s fault but he should have had a plan given the logistics issues and the fact he’s the local expert and charging a lot of money. And those delays - the wasted time was on us, not Kevin...

As we moved from point A to point B, he was silent, not explaining what we were passing or talking about anything. I’ve never had a tour guide that didn’t talk and fill the time as you drove. At one point he mentioned the lake as we stood at another site and he talked about how the lake was an integral part of the overall design of the Rally Grounds. He said he had intended to point it out but forgot (trees blocked the view so we didn’t notice it)... Forgot.

We ended at the Judicial Palace and Kevin made it clear we were to be out by 4:50 (based upon when we got the call from the lobby, our 4 hrs was up at 5:00). We were prompt but a fellow traveling alone stopped me as we were exiting the building and asked me to take his picture. Kevin was waiting at the car and seemed miffed by this very short delay.

Also, the little things were lacking... The day was extremely hot but no water was provided. We had to pay our own admission to the Judicial Palace. Again, given the tour cost, I would have expected these small things to be included. This was one of several tours we took on our 18-day vacation. It was the only one where admission costs were not included, no water was provided, and not a minute over the stated tour duration was granted.

It felt like Kevin was going through the motions, going to each site, presenting his canned spiel, and moving on. His interest was in getting it over with and getting paid. What was provided was far less than I could have received in simply going to the Documentation Center and spending the time there going through the exhibits. We did that the following day and it was far better and far less money...

Unfortunately, I would not recommend this tour.

3  Thank UDFANatic
TourGuideKevin, Owner at Nuremberg Tours in English, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2019

Thank you very much for your terrible review!

Sometimes my customers ask me if it is possible to rig TripAdvisor reviews because they have never seen anybody (like myself) with so many Five-Star/Excellent reviews and zero bad reviews. Thanks to you, everyone can now see that it isn't possible to rig TripAdvisor reviews. Thanks for giving my TripAdvidor reviews legitimacy.

I'm very sorry that you did not enjoy my tour. Honestly, that makes me feel terrible. But you knew what time my tour started and if you didn't allow yourself enough time beforehand, that really isn't my fault. I start and end my tours punctually because I'm in high demand and I have other customers expecting me to pick them up on time.

Regarding the issues at the rally grounds, beer fests and road construction are two things that I have absolutely no control over. Welcome to Germany in the summertime.

In closing, I wanted to run my tour that day, in spite of the above mentioned obstacles, in such a way that would optimize the four hours that you paid for, but you wanted to do things differently. Therefore, your disappointment is on you, not me.

Reviewed August 30, 2019

Kevin was a great tour guide, answered all questions, clearly studied his facts was very well informed. would absolutely recommend this tour to friends.

Date of experience: August 2019
TourGuideKevin, Owner at Nuremberg Tours in English, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2019

Many thanks, George!

Reviewed August 21, 2019

Kevin is extremely knowledgeable and presents the information in an interesting and entertaining manner. He quickly ascertained our interests and tailored the tour to meet our expectations. A couple of the people traveling with us have mobility issues that he was able to accommodate. The whole process from booking to completion of the tour was flawless. Communications prior to the trip were answered promptly, alleviating any concerns we might of had regarding the tour. I would highly recommend Kevin!

Date of experience: August 2019
TourGuideKevin, Owner at Nuremberg Tours in English, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2019

Thank you very much for your review, Ann ! I'm really glad that you enjoyed my tour.