TripAdvisor

from $61.68
from $61.68
from $43.74
More Info
All reviews his knowledge private tour combo tour wwii tour great tour rally grounds old town full day tour nuremberg trials better understanding ask questions subject matter nuremberg area come alive day trip smoked eel walking tour
Selected filters
Reviewed March 12, 2019

Kevin met us in fron of the Grand Hotel on time and drove us in his neat, well kept, Mercedes van. Very good first impression. Kevin is funny, knowledagble, personal and a good guy. We started off at the WWII Rally grounds, to include: Kongresshalle, Luitpoldarena (designed for mass parades - now used as a park), Zeppelinfeld (where most of the big Nazi parades, rallies, and events took place), Märzfeld (planned as a military exercise grounds), and also the Deutsches Stadion (never got past the first excavation and the hole filled with groundwater - was meant to have a seating capacity of 400,000!).

We then moved on to Historical Nuremberg where we had a chance to see: the Schöner Brunnen Fountain, Albrechy Durer's home, St Lawrence's church, St Sebaldus church, the executioners house, the town square & market and much more.

Kevin not only tells you about the history, but his presentation of the facts along with historical pictures and a witty way of drawing you in to the history is second to none.

All and all me, my wife and teen daughter spent 4 hours with Kevin and I think we could have spent all day with him. Not only touring and gleening from his extensive and informative presentation of the information, but just hanging out. You do not feel like you are with a tour guide, you feel like you are hanging out with a friend.

I highly recommend this tour and would go back to see Kevin next time in town.

Date of experience: March 2019
1  Thank scotto1967
TourGuideKevin, Owner at Nuremberg Tours in English, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2019

Many thanks, Scott! I hope to see you again.

Reviewed February 17, 2019

Thank you Kevin for such an informative and interesting tour. The infamous events of WW11 were shown with relevant information that makes the history more understandable.
The walking tour of the old town showed an older and different history of Nuremberg.
A tiring but very interesting day.

Date of experience: February 2019
TourGuideKevin, Owner at Nuremberg Tours in English, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2019

Thank you!

Reviewed February 16, 2019

We spent a great morning with Kevin. This was an informative tour that walked us thru events...he was attentive, and explained the happenings in a way that we could follow the chain of events. I whole hardheartedly recommend taking a private tour - we felt this was our one chance of being here - let's understand exactly what happened.

Date of experience: January 2019
1  Thank DeeC1224

Many thanks for your review, Diana! I'm really glad that you enjoyed the tour.

Reviewed January 12, 2019 via mobile

We had a great day with Kevin. He is prompt, friendly and very knowledgeable. Rothenburg is a beautiful city. I was able to wander off to the Christmas markets and he and my husband continued on with the history tour! I would definitely recommend this!

1  Thank joannel1234
TourGuideKevin, Owner at Nuremberg Tours in English, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2019

Thanks, Joanne! It was a fun day.

Reviewed January 12, 2019

What a fantastic day! It was like stepping back in time when we arrived at Rothenburg ob der Tauber. We learnt so much about this beautiful town and its history from Kevin. He was informative and very easy-going, allowing us to take in the sights and the information at our own pace, and without missing anything! I'm so glad we chose to do this tour with Kevin. There were many things we would have otherwise just strolled by, not realising its fascinating significance. Highly recommended!

Date of experience: December 2018

Thanks, Helen! I enjoyed the day with you guys in Rothenburg.