“WW2 Adventure in Poland and Germany”

Nuremberg Tours in English
Nuremberg WW2 Combo PRIVATE Tour
Ranked #1 of 34 Tours in Nuremberg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Why should you book with me? Simply put, I am good at what I do and I love doing it. I'm a cultural interpreter, NOT a teacher (passing on knowledge) or a sightseeing guide (pointing things out). I'm more like a reverse anthropologist: a local expert insider explaining and sharing Nuremberg, Bamberg, and Rothenburg culture with my inquisitive customers. I lead exploratory walks and unscripted cultural experiences. I present information in a way that allows my customers to make their own mental connections. After all, a tour with just interesting information is infotainment. The most memorable tours are the ones that make people think and feel. My availability is 24 / 7 / 365 and you can book me at short notice!
Reviewed November 10, 2018

In 2015 I came to Nuremberg from Calgary Canada to view sites of WW2, . Kevin was my guide. After realizing his extensive knowledge of Hitler's war, I knew that he was the guide for me.

In 2018 I gave him a list of places that I wanted to see and he put the itinerary together for me.

For two weeks in November we traveled in Poland and Germany. We visited sites in the Owl Mountains of Poland among others as we made our way to Berlin. In Berlin and Colditz we saw a whole lot more.

I couldn't have asked for a more extensive tour. All of the places on my bucket list were covered and many more. Nothing was left out.

I can't thank Kevin enough for the remarkable adventure that I just had. It was an incredible WW2 tour. This trip was number one on my bucket list and Kevin made it happen!

Date of experience: November 2018
TourGuide-KEVIN, Owner at Nuremberg Tours in English, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2018

Many thanks, Pam! It was great visiting
Colditz Castle
The Reichstag Dome
Jewish Museum
and the Topography of Terror

with you during our two weeks together.

All reviews
"subject matter"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed November 3, 2018

Date of experience: October 2018
TourGuide-KEVIN, Owner at Nuremberg Tours in English, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2018

Reviewed November 3, 2018

Good guides can point to dots on your tour map and give you encyclopedic detail of who,what,when and why of each place. Great guides connect the dots. Kevin is the greatest.

Ours was a custom tour. There were six of us, each with a slightly different focus and expectation of what was most important to see and experience. We had approximately 6 hours and needed to be picked up at a hotel and dropped off at our cruise ship. Traveling between Rothenberg limited the time to squeeze in everything we hoped to see and learn about.

We did not anticipate that Kevin has super powers of time travel. He did it! Not a minute was wasted. His presentation of history and culture was so expertly shared, that even in transit we were never overwhelmed with minutiae, but absorbed in the flow of the story that was before us and around us. Things as simple as a pulley on a wall, the measurement of a granite stone, a small brass plaque, only the most observant eye would find, became beacons revealing the purpose and impact of their creation and preservation.

Kevin's skill and knowledge is a gift to all who travel with him. Nuremberg and Rothenberg were not the most impressive places we would visit, but because of Kevin they will be and are the most memorable. Join his journeys, you will be rewarded with knowledge, insight, and special memories.

Date of experience: October 2018
TourGuide-KEVIN, Owner at Nuremberg Tours in English, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2018

Thank you very much, Richard and Shari ! It was a real pleasure to make your acquaintance.

Reviewed November 2, 2018 via mobile

Kevin was a fantastic tour guide. He picked us at our cruise ship.We were taken to all the highlights of Nuremburg. Kevin can tailor a tour to your needs. Since our group was comprised of two people who had mobity issues it was so great to see the city without having to do excessive walking. Kevin really knows the history of the area and his narritive was so informative. I would highly recommend Kevin if you are looking for a more personalized tour.

Date of experience: October 2018
TourGuide-KEVIN, Owner at Nuremberg Tours in English, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2018

Thank you very much, Stephanie!