“Nuremburg and Rothenberg Custom Tour”

Nuremberg Tours in English
Nuremberg WW2 Combo PRIVATE Tour
Ranked #1 of 34 Tours in Nuremberg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Why should you book with me? Simply put, I am good at what I do and I love doing it. I'm a cultural interpreter, NOT a teacher (passing on knowledge) or a sightseeing guide (pointing things out). I'm more like a reverse anthropologist: a local expert insider explaining and sharing Nuremberg, Bamberg, and Rothenburg culture with my inquisitive customers. I lead exploratory walks and unscripted cultural experiences. I present information in a way that allows my customers to make their own mental connections. After all, a tour with just interesting information is infotainment. The most memorable tours are the ones that make people think and feel. My availability is 24 / 7 / 365 and you can book me at short notice!
Reviewed November 3, 2018

Good guides can point to dots on your tour map and give you encyclopedic detail of who,what,when and why of each place. Great guides connect the dots. Kevin is the greatest.

Ours was a custom tour. There were six of us, each with a slightly different focus and expectation of what was most important to see and experience. We had approximately 6 hours and needed to be picked up at a hotel and dropped off at our cruise ship. Traveling between Rothenberg limited the time to squeeze in everything we hoped to see and learn about.

We did not anticipate that Kevin has super powers of time travel. He did it! Not a minute was wasted. His presentation of history and culture was so expertly shared, that even in transit we were never overwhelmed with minutiae, but absorbed in the flow of the story that was before us and around us. Things as simple as a pulley on a wall, the measurement of a granite stone, a small brass plaque, only the most observant eye would find, became beacons revealing the purpose and impact of their creation and preservation.

Kevin's skill and knowledge is a gift to all who travel with him. Nuremberg and Rothenberg were not the most impressive places we would visit, but because of Kevin they will be and are the most memorable. Join his journeys, you will be rewarded with knowledge, insight, and special memories.

Date of experience: October 2018
TourGuide-KEVIN, Owner at Nuremberg Tours in English, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2018

Thank you very much, Richard and Shari ! It was a real pleasure to make your acquaintance.

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"subject matter"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed November 2, 2018 via mobile

Kevin was a fantastic tour guide. He picked us at our cruise ship.We were taken to all the highlights of Nuremburg. Kevin can tailor a tour to your needs. Since our group was comprised of two people who had mobity issues it was so great to see the city without having to do excessive walking. Kevin really knows the history of the area and his narritive was so informative. I would highly recommend Kevin if you are looking for a more personalized tour.

Date of experience: October 2018
TourGuide-KEVIN, Owner at Nuremberg Tours in English, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2018

Thank you very much, Stephanie!

Reviewed October 30, 2018

The private tour with Kevin gave us a well-paced, informative WW2 afternoon in Nuremberg and simplified our transfer from our hotel to our river boat. Arranging the tour with Kevin via email prior to the trip was extremely easy. He also recommended a wonderful hotel for us in Nuremberg City Center. His knowledge of the history and sites was thorough and gave us history buffs a wonderful afternoon.

Date of experience: October 2018
TourGuide-KEVIN, Owner at Nuremberg Tours in English, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2018

Thank you very much, Debra!

Reviewed October 28, 2018

Kevin did an outstanding job of presenting the history and interesting facts about Nurmeberg's role in World War II. The tour was comprehensive. We really enjoyed his presentations.

Date of experience: October 2018
TourGuide-KEVIN, Owner at Nuremberg Tours in English, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2018

Many thanks, Robert!

See more reviews
Reviewed October 22, 2018

Our first trip to Europe and we hired Kevin months in advance for 3 days of tours. From the reviews, he is so popular I wanted to make sure we could tour with him. He customized the tours to meet my husband's limited walking issue and addressed all of our interests. It was the best investment to see and experience the greater Nuremberg area. In addition to the typical tourist places, he took us to amazing locations that are not well known but full of history. He is very knowledgeable, friendly and humorous. Just check past reviews and you will understand why Keven is and has been the best tour guide. I highly recommend Kevin for any of his tour packages. You will be very satisfied and happy with Kevin's excellent service.

Date of experience: October 2018
TourGuide-KEVIN, Owner at Nuremberg Tours in English, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2018

Thanks, Patricia! Those three days whizzed by.