“WW2 Combo Tour”

Nuremberg WW2 Combo PRIVATE Tour
Ranked #1 of 34 Tours in Nuremberg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Why should you book with me? Simply put, I am good at what I do and I love doing it. I'm a cultural interpreter, NOT a teacher (passing on knowledge) or a sightseeing guide (pointing things out). I'm more like a reverse anthropologist: a local expert insider explaining and sharing Nuremberg, Bamberg, and Rothenburg culture with my inquisitive customers. I lead exploratory walks and unscripted cultural experiences. I present information in a way that allows my customers to make their own mental connections. After all, a tour with just interesting information is infotainment. The most memorable tours are the ones that make people think and feel. My availability is 24 / 7 / 365 and you can book me at short notice!
Reviewed September 23, 2018

Wonderful tour! Kevin is so very knowledgeable on Nuremberg and WW2. We learned so much. We found Kevin to be extremely flexible. We were coming off a river cruise and had to change Kevin's pick up location and he even took us to Prague! He is truly the best and do not regret one moment of the tour. You Rock, Kevin!!

Date of experience: September 2018
TourGuide-KEVIN, Owner at Nuremberg Tours in English, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2018

Thank you very much, Betsy! I thoroughly enjoyed our day together.

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"subject matter"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed September 17, 2018

Kevin is the most informed, interesting and flexible guide. We thought we knew a fair amount about WW2, but soon realised we didn't! Kevin's knowledge is phenomenal. This wasn't a cheap tour but it was worth every single penny - thoroughly recommended.

Date of experience: June 2018
TourGuide-KEVIN, Owner at Nuremberg Tours in English, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2018

Thank you, thank you!

Reviewed September 14, 2018 via mobile

TourGuide-KEVIN, Owner at Nuremberg Tours in English, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2018

Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

Kevin picked us up right at our hotel lobby which is an added convenience for a tour.
We were also flexible to be able to start early when he asked if we were ready and willing to start earlier. That doesn't happen on most tours.
Kevin has a genuine passion for the history of the Nuremberg rally grounds and Room 600 and can tell the stories of the past in a very engaging way. He made sure we stayed in the moment of each sight by asking us questions relevant to each sight we were at. He made us think a little bit deeper through the way he asked the questions. That helped us remember the sights and experience of the entire tour.
He was not scripted at all. It was fun interacting and conversing as we traveled from sight to sight.
The tour really immersed us as we walked back in time.
Kevin was also conscientious of our willingness to walk distances and accomodated us accordingly.
I do recommend wearing comfortable clothing and shoes. Also take an umbrella and rain jacket because the weather is unpredictable throughout the various stops and locations. You would hate to miss out on the stories if you are not dressed comfortably and warm enough.

Date of experience: September 2018
TourGuide-KEVIN, Owner at Nuremberg Tours in English, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2018

Thanks, Becky!

See more reviews
Reviewed September 9, 2018

We were a party of 4, who did a WW 2 and Old Town tour on one day, followed up by a full day tour to Bamberg. Kevin was right on time to pick us up from our hotel both days. His car is a comfortable place to be for both short trips between attractions, and for the longer haul to Bamberg. Both tours were very well paced, with some of the best commentary we have heard from a tour guide. Kevin's knowledge is encyclopedic, and his interpretation of the rise of National Socialism, and of the Nuremberg war trials gives a real understanding of the subject matter. Hard to imagine a better tour.

Date of experience: September 2018

Thank you very much, David! The last couple of days reminded me why I love being a tour guide.