TripAdvisor

from $184.69
from $130.30
from $130.30
More Info
All reviews his knowledge private tour combo tour wwii tour great tour rally grounds old town full day tour nuremberg trials better understanding ask questions subject matter nuremberg area day trip smoked eel come alive walking tour
Selected filters
Reviewed January 17, 2018

I will start off by saying I am writing this not for the sake of Kevin (although I feel very grateful for his tour) but for the sake of travelers everywhere. My family and I have been quite fortunate over the years to have found great guides for many countries on trip advisor and Kevin certainly gives them all a run for their money.
First off, Kevin is an easy-going ex-Pat from Southern California. He is the kind of tour guide that gets along superbly well with people; you can really tell he enjoys his job. As for the tour and the content, I found Kevin to be probably the most informed tour guide I have ever encountered. His stories were endless and incredibly informative and entertaining. I have taken two classes at Harvard on German history in the early 20th century and I found Kevin to be as knowledgeable as (and way more intriguing than) both of my professors. The scholastically entertaining tour was awesome and I was shocked how fast the day flew by. Overall, I could not be more content with my tour. Thank you so much Kevin and to anyone reading this wondering whether to book him, I cannot say with any more fervor that this guy knows his stuff and is worth EVERY PENNY.

Date of experience: January 2018
1  Thank Zach S
TourGuide-KEVIN, Owner at Nuremberg Tours in English, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2018

Thanks for the fantastic review, Zack!

Reviewed January 6, 2018

Kevin is very knowledgeable. So, his tours are worth it if you want to get a rich understanding of the history, geography, technology, politics, demographics, and social forces that shaped Nuremberg. He will go as deep as you wish on a given topic - so ASK! - we really enjoyed it. Our tour was in the middle of a snowstorm - and he still made it interesting! Definitely a premium experience.

1  Thank kkv2018
TourGuide-KEVIN, Owner at Nuremberg Tours in English, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2018

Thank you very much! A premium experience for premium customers.

Reviewed December 12, 2017

Two weeks ago my husband and our cousin visited Nuremberg primarily to shop and spend all kinds of silly money at the Christkindlesmarkt, and what fun we had!
However, like most husbands, mine wasn't thrilled at spending 5 days in a row shopping and looking at Christmas decorations. So, to pacify him, we arranged a WWII tour with Kevin so that he could show us some of the important sites in and around Nuremberg under the Nazi reign.
Kevin picked us up right at our hotel promptly at 9. We were all still a little jet lagged so the first 5 or 10 minutes were a bit quiet, but WOW! after that Kevin didn't stop talking for 4 straight hours!
The man is a wealth of information! Honestly, I don't know how one person can remember all the history and facts that Kevin does. The material was at times sobering, but Kevin never failed to throw in something on the light side to make us all laugh.
The 4 hours that we had booked flew by, and we were all wishing in the end, that we had scheduled an afternoon tour also.
One of the things that we liked best about this tour was that Kevin had a binder with many photos of the sights we were seeing......except that they were taken during the war. It made it so easy for us to imagine exactly how certain places that we saw "at that moment" looked during the immense rally's and marches. It gave us all goosebumps to think we were actually standing where Hitler did over 75 years ago.
I would HIGHLY recommend Kevin for any tour in and around Nuremberg. He's a great guy and believe me, I doubt many other guides have his expertise and knowledge on the history of Nuremberg!
Thank you so much Kevin, we hope to see you again one day!

1  Thank donnaw102
TourGuide-KEVIN, Owner at Nuremberg Tours in English, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2017

Great review. Thanks, Donna!

Reviewed December 11, 2017

In other words, Kevin knows A LOT about Nuremberg! He kept stumping my partner and I with trivia about the city. We spent seven hours with Kevin and explored the Nazi Party Rally Grounds, Courtroom 600, and Old Town. It's obvious that he enjoys his job and is happy to answer any question you may have. What I like most about a private tour is the ability to spend more or less time OR change the itinerary. His Mercedes-Benz van is a comfortable ride. We liked our visit to Nuremberg so much that we are already thinking about returning for a few days next December and hiring Kevin to introduce us to Regensburg for a day.

Date of experience: December 2017
TourGuide-KEVIN, Owner at Nuremberg Tours in English, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2017

Many, many thanks! I look forward to seeing you guys again next year.

Reviewed December 11, 2017

My cousin, his wife and I had a fabulous morning with Keven in Nuremberg!! He was incredibly knowledgeable about WW II history and we all learned a lot. In addition to being incredibly well informed, he was fun to spend time with. I highly recommend his tour - you will not be disappointed! Thank you Kevin!

Date of experience: December 2017

Thanks for your kind words, Deborah!