“Jackson Party - Superb visit thanks to Kevin”

Nuremberg Tours in English
Nuremberg WW2 Combo PRIVATE Tour
Ranked #1 of 34 Tours in Nuremberg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Why should you book with me? Simply put, I am good at what I do and I love doing it. I'm a cultural interpreter, NOT a teacher (passing on knowledge) or a sightseeing guide (pointing things out). I'm more like a reverse anthropologist: a local expert insider explaining and sharing Nuremberg, Bamberg, and Rothenburg culture with my inquisitive customers. I lead exploratory walks and unscripted cultural experiences. I present information in a way that allows my customers to make their own mental connections. After all, a tour with just interesting information is infotainment. The most memorable tours are the ones that make people think and feel. My availability is 24 / 7 / 365 and you can book me at short notice!
Reviewed November 18, 2017

With a group of 10 travelers we needed a quick but thorough visit with comfortable transport. Kevin provided everything we were looking for. With his background of living both in Nuremberg and the US, Kevin let us see the good, the bad and the ugly of the city. He provided in depth understanding of the political environment at the time of the second world War as well as how politics and world events shaped Nuremberg of the present. I felt like he was brutally honest in his commentary but he capably added nice touches of humor to his conversation. He could be a history professor in a college classroom.

Date of experience: October 2017
TourGuide-KEVIN, Owner at Nuremberg Tours in English, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2017

Thank you very much for your kind words! I'm glad you enjoyed my tour.

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"subject matter"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed November 18, 2017

We are four US citizens well educated on WW2 history......or so we thought. Tour guide Kevin opened our eyes to little known facts, figures and folklore that are gems of wit and wisdom we could never have otherwise known. Kevin personalized our tour by highlighting things we were really interested in, listening intently to our questions, and offering relevant nuances only a seasoned pro could muster. His understanding of the subject matter is three-dimensional, and his insight is intuitive. We had a terrific time, and highly recommend to others. Five Stars from these Kansas City visitors!

Date of experience: November 2017
TourGuide-KEVIN, Owner at Nuremberg Tours in English, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2017

Thank you very much for your review, Betsy! It's comments like yours that keep me motivated.

Reviewed November 15, 2017 via mobile

I booked this tour several months in advance. I based my booking of this particular tour, on past reviews. Nuremberg Tours in English did NOT disappointment. Kevin made this period of history come alive. Kevin was well prepared with multiple photos of the sites that we were visiting with him, the chronological order of events, the individual stories of the people that played such an interesting part of this period of time. We were enthralled, the time flew, and we felt well informed. I urge you to strongly consider booking this tour with Kevin. You will never look at the history of Nuremberg in the same way. This was an outstanding experience. One of the highlights of our trip. Communication was excellent prior, during, and after our booking this tour.

Date of experience: November 2017
TourGuide-KEVIN, Owner at Nuremberg Tours in English, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2017

Thank you very, very much!

Reviewed November 15, 2017

This tour was very informative. I came here with three teenagers and they were all very interested in the information provided. Kevin was very hospitable, polite, and extremely knowledgeable.

Date of experience: August 2017

Thanks, Yvonne! I enjoyed showing you guys around.