“A wealth of knowledge”

Nuremberg WW2 Combo PRIVATE Tour
Ranked #1 of 34 Tours in Nuremberg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Why should you book with me? Simply put, I am good at what I do and I love doing it. I'm a cultural interpreter, NOT a teacher (passing on knowledge) or a sightseeing guide (pointing things out). I'm more like a reverse anthropologist: a local expert insider explaining and sharing Nuremberg, Bamberg, and Rothenburg culture with my inquisitive customers. I lead exploratory walks and unscripted cultural experiences. I present information in a way that allows my customers to make their own mental connections. After all, a tour with just interesting information is infotainment. The most memorable tours are the ones that make people think and feel. My availability is 24 / 7 / 365 and you can book me at short notice!
Reviewed October 19, 2017

Kevin recently took my daughter and I on tour of Nuremberg to visit the WW2 sites. We were collected by Kevin promptly in a luxurious van and driven to each of the sites. His knowledge of the area and history are amazing and fulfilled my daughter's needs in terms of understanding this part of history for her school exams.
My only note (which he will tell you himself upfront) is that tour guides are not permitted into some of the museums and therefore he gave us a full briefing in the van (incl pictures) before we entered and we were left to do our own visit whilst he waited outside for us. A most informative and interesting morning.

Date of experience: September 2017
TourGuide-KEVIN, Owner at Nuremberg Tours in English, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2017

Thank you very much, Jacki! I enjoyed our time together.

All reviews
in 9 reviews
"an excellent guide"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed October 17, 2017

My wife and I were greeted promptly at our hotel by Kevin. We got into his very comfortable van and headed to the old town. Kevin gave us an in depth history of the town, took us to some very nice spots, and showed us parts of the city that were untouched by the war and parts which were rebuit. We had some mobility issues and Kevin was very accomodating. Beautiful city and a great tour.

We then went off to visit the WW2 sites. Kevin has a great deal of info and insights into the events that occured in Nuremberg. Fascinating and troubling look into the follies of the past. This part of the tour was very educational. Well worth the time.

If you are in Nuremberg, you should try and book atour with Kevin. You won't be disappointed. 10/10.

Date of experience: September 2017
TourGuide-KEVIN, Owner at Nuremberg Tours in English, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2017

Thanks, Steve! It was a pleasure spending time with you and your wife.

Reviewed October 14, 2017 via mobile

My husband, daughter and I took two tours with Kevin, one in Nuremberg, and a day trip to Bamburg. He met us near the train station for the Nuremberg tour and we had a great walking tour ending at a place he recommended for lunch, which was excellent! He even managed to get us dinner reservations at a highly recommended restaurant. He drove us to Bamburg and we had a wonderful day. We got to sample the smoked beer at lunch with a baked onion. He is very knowledgeable and works to make the tour what you want. He even took us grocery shopping for something I wanted! I would highly recommend him!

Date of experience: October 2017
TourGuide-KEVIN, Owner at Nuremberg Tours in English, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2017

You guys were a pleasure to be with. Many thanks!

Reviewed October 11, 2017

Very sobering tour. Kevin's in depth knowledge on the history was excellent. We had half a day in Nuremberg specifically to see these sights and this tour exceeded our expectations. Kevin picked us up from hotel and dropped us at the railway station after the tour.

Date of experience: September 2017
TourGuide-KEVIN, Owner at Nuremberg Tours in English, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2017

Thanks!!!

See more reviews
Reviewed October 10, 2017

Was in Germany for some work related matters but mostly for a holiday with the missus primarily to catch Oktoberfest. Our German adventure started in Nurmberg though. We did the World War 2 Combo Tour the day we landed and also a day trip with Kevin to Rothenburg the next day.

Pros:
(1) Great Service
Kevin is very responsive to queries via email and very prompt in responding. All our queries were sorted out very quickly when we were doing the booking for both tours.

Great Service during the tour and really looks after the small details

(2) Insightful and Informative
Both the tours were really insightful and informative. Kevin is very knowledgeable on the subject matter of the tour and the areas visited.

The World War 2 Combo tour brings you to the various Nazi Rally Grounds. That was very informative & memorable. It was really brought to life by Kevin with his knowledge of the topic and additional pictures & information he brings along in a binder of his

The Rothenburg Day Trip was really the highlight for us. He showed us many interesting nooks and areas that if he wasn't there to show us, we would not have gone. And would have just walked past it unknowingly. The little details he pointed out to us and showed us were really informative and memorable

(3) Great Conversations
Seldom say this in a review. But over the 2-days we were with Kevin and over lunch, we had many an interesting conversations and discussion on topics regarding the tour and many other topics in general. They were all interesting.

But we are especially thankful to him pointing out the peculiarity of German road signs, it really helped us immensely as we drove on through Germany. We would not have known what that sign had meant otherwise and meant we were safer in the knowledge.

Cons:
Nothing I can really think of.

Conclusion:
Would highly highly recommend you book his services. I highly doubt you will regret it. We enjoyed it thoroughly

Shout out and small apologies to him here, nodded off a bit at the last part (at the War Trials Court) during the World War 2 Combo Tour. We did this tour in the afternoon just after getting off the plane in the morning. Jet lag was brutal. The tour was brilliant

Date of experience: September 2017
TourGuide-KEVIN, Owner at Nuremberg Tours in English, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2017

Thank you very much! I thoroughly enjoyed our two days together.