“Great tour”

Nuremberg WW2 Combo PRIVATE Tour
Ranked #1 of 34 Tours in Nuremberg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Why should you book with me? Simply put, I am good at what I do and I love doing it. I'm a cultural interpreter, NOT a teacher (passing on knowledge) or a sightseeing guide (pointing things out). I'm more like a reverse anthropologist: a local expert insider explaining and sharing Nuremberg, Bamberg, and Rothenburg culture with my inquisitive customers. I lead exploratory walks and unscripted cultural experiences. I present information in a way that allows my customers to make their own mental connections. After all, a tour with just interesting information is infotainment. The most memorable tours are the ones that make people think and feel. My availability is 24 / 7 / 365 and you can book me at short notice!
Reviewed August 24, 2017

Kevin is an excellent tour guide. He met my brother and I at our hostel at the agreed upon time with his vehicle. Kevin was friendly, personable, and we learned a lot about the rise of the Nazis from his tour. He made us laugh too with is stories about how even the high ranking Nazis did not like Julius Streicher. But it also was a very solemn tour too as we got to see the court where the Nuremberg defendants were tried for their crimes. Being able to see the sites of the former Nazi party rallies was also a highlight because it showed how something so ugly could come out of such a beautiful and historical area. Kevin really has a great tour and I would recommend it to anyone traveling in Nuremberg. It's a great way to learn but Kevin is also a very personable guide who will happily answer any questions you have and offer his own perspective on events i.e. how Goring escaped the gallows(I agree with what you said Kevin about how Goring saw himself as a soldier and undeserving of hanging which was seen as the fate for common criminals.). Thanks again Kevin for a great tour.

Date of experience: August 2017
TourGuide-KEVIN, Owner at Nuremberg Tours in English, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2017

Thank you very much, John! I'm really glad that you and your bro enjoyed my tour.

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"subject matter"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed August 11, 2017

We took this tour with Kevin last week. I researched Trip Advisor and other sites before booking his WWII tour. .
Kevin is extremely knowledgeable in the history. He is an American, with both an American and a German perspective. While showing us the areas Kevin also has notebook full of photos that showed the events. I wish more tour guides did this.
We were extremely please with this tour. I would advise anyone visiting Nuremberg, book in advance and do not hesitate to book Kevin's tours, you will not be disappointed.

Date of experience: August 2017
TourGuide-KEVIN, Owner at Nuremberg Tours in English, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2017

Thank you very much for your review, Christy! I had a great time with you guys.

Reviewed August 11, 2017

Our family did a day trip with Kevin to Rothenburg from Nuremberg. It was our first day so we didn't want to deal with the train changes and it was a real treat to have Kevin pick us up at our hotel and drop us off at the end of the day. We throughly enjoyed visiting this well preserved, medieval town. Kevin was very knowledgeable and informative and we enjoyed his company! Awesome day!

Date of experience: July 2017
1  Thank kaminskym

Many thanks, Merry! I had a real enjoyable day with you and your family.

Reviewed August 8, 2017

My wife and I spent yesterday afternoon with Kevin, visiting the traditional Nazi sites in Nuremberg, and delving deeply into the question of "how could this happen?" Kevin is an American, with both an American and a German perspective. This is helpful because he does not have to justify the actions of his ancestors. It led to a very candid discussion of human psychology and what factors could come together to repeat the disaster that Germany experienced from 1933 - 1945. We found Kevin's insights to be extremely helpful.

Kevin gives you time to stand on the same podium as Hitler in the Nuremberg rallies. This was for me a most chilling experience, as I looked out and visualized all those troops standing in perfect order. This visualization was enhanced because Kevin had a notebook full of actual photos that drove home the fanaticism being expressed toward Hitler.

Kevin was very timely in his email exchanges, and was on time for our tour. He was flexible with what we wanted to see (including some of the Medieval portions of this beautiful city), and helpful with my wife (who had strained her knee in a fall before our departure). It was an excellent tour and we are most grateful for the memories.

Date of experience: August 2017
TourGuide-KEVIN, Owner at Nuremberg Tours in English, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2017

Thank you very much for your detailed review. I really appreciate it!