TripAdvisor

from $185.02
from $130.53
from $130.53
More Info
All reviews his knowledge private tour combo tour wwii tour great tour rally grounds old town full day tour nuremberg trials better understanding ask questions subject matter nuremberg area day trip smoked eel come alive walking tour
Selected filters
Reviewed August 8, 2017

My wife and I spent yesterday afternoon with Kevin, visiting the traditional Nazi sites in Nuremberg, and delving deeply into the question of "how could this happen?" Kevin is an American, with both an American and a German perspective. This is helpful because he does not have to justify the actions of his ancestors. It led to a very candid discussion of human psychology and what factors could come together to repeat the disaster that Germany experienced from 1933 - 1945. We found Kevin's insights to be extremely helpful.

Kevin gives you time to stand on the same podium as Hitler in the Nuremberg rallies. This was for me a most chilling experience, as I looked out and visualized all those troops standing in perfect order. This visualization was enhanced because Kevin had a notebook full of actual photos that drove home the fanaticism being expressed toward Hitler.

Kevin was very timely in his email exchanges, and was on time for our tour. He was flexible with what we wanted to see (including some of the Medieval portions of this beautiful city), and helpful with my wife (who had strained her knee in a fall before our departure). It was an excellent tour and we are most grateful for the memories.

Date of experience: August 2017
TourGuide-KEVIN, Owner at Nuremberg Tours in English, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2017

Thank you very much for your detailed review. I really appreciate it!

Reviewed August 7, 2017

We only had one day in Nuremberg, so we wanted to make sure we got the most out of our time and money. Kevin was an INCREDIBLE wealth of knowledge and made the WWII & Courthouse Tours easy and enjoyable. We probably didn't even need the Courthouse - Kevin had so many great stories and facts about that time in Germany and the people involved. Thank you, Kevin for making our time in Nuremberg so special!

Date of experience: August 2017
TourGuide-KEVIN, Owner at Nuremberg Tours in English, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2017

Thank you very much, Lauren! I enjoyed our time together.

Reviewed August 7, 2017

Meeting up with Kevin for a WWII combo tour and Nuremberg Old Town Tour provided a great overview of Nuremberg highlights in just one day! Kevin's solid grasp of historical events and "story-telling" skills ensured that both my history-loving husband and I (not so much of a history buff), had a fun and informative day!

Kevin's strong communications and business skills were evident from my first inquiry, and I never had a doubt that we would enjoy a productive, informative, and fun day. I wholeheartedly recommend joining Kevin for any of his tours.

Date of experience: August 2017

Many thanks, Pauline! I had a real enjoyable day with you guys.

Reviewed August 7, 2017

My wife and I enjoyed spending an afternoon being led by Kevin through old town Nuremberg on a tour that proved to be a delightful learning experience as well as a scenic excursion. Kevin -- who originally came to the area while serving in the U.S. military, then subsequently married a local girl and settled nearby -- is not only a repository of knowledge about the history of Bavaria and Franconia, but has a storyteller's talent for recounting the historical highlights with a dash of humor that makes some of the otherwise dry facts more memorable. We especially appreciated his ability to tailor the presentation and to answer our questions in a manner that was readily comprehensible to a couple of retired American tourists. We highly recommend Kevin as a guide to anyone desiring a fun and informative tour of Nuremberg.

Date of experience: June 2017

Thanks for your review, Mike!

Reviewed August 6, 2017

Our Nuremberg Tour in English with Kevin was educational and memorable. His knowledge and stories took my imagination back to those days.
I really enjoyed the photos he shared which really brought his stories together. Kevin encourages any and all questions. We felt very comfortable with him. This tour would fit anyone who is at least curious about WWII in this area. I left the tour with more information than when I got there and I can at least join in a conversation with others. Be sure to being your cameras. Kevin was very considerate that my husband had a little trouble walking that day. Thanks Kevin. Oh one more thing, Kevin is very professional to email back in a timely manner. Great experience.

Date of experience: August 2017
TourGuide-KEVIN, Owner at Nuremberg Tours in English, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2017

I'm always happy to hear that my customers had a great time. Many thanks for your review!