“Even my wife who wasn't so interested in WWII was captivated by Kevin's tour guiding style.”

Nuremberg Tours in English
WW2 and BEER Tour
Ranked #1 of 30 Tours in Nuremberg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Why should you book with me? Simply put, I am good at what I do and I love doing it. I'm a cultural interpreter, NOT a teacher (passing on knowledge) or a sightseeing guide (pointing things out). I'm more like a reverse anthropologist: a local expert insider explaining and sharing Nuremberg, Bamberg, and Rothenburg culture with my inquisitive customers. I lead exploratory walks and unscripted cultural experiences. I present information in a way that allows my customers to make their own mental connections. After all, a tour with just interesting information is infotainment. The most memorable tours are the ones that make people think and feel. My availability is 24 / 7 / 365 and you can book me at short notice!
Reviewed November 7, 2016 via mobile

Often tour guides are a hit and miss. Even those you find highly ranked on TA sometimes disappoint after going around town with them. Sure a lot have deep knowledge on the subject matter but I think it's another story to be both knowledgeable, entertaining and have the tour group interested at the same time.

This was Kevin to us. He was highly knowledgeable on Nuremberg's WWII history and yet he always caught our attention as he explained the history of the sites we were visiting throughout the tour. I enjoy WWII history a lot and I thought he was a great source of information. However, what I think makes things even better was that my wife enjoyed his tour even if she wasn't half as interested as I was on WWII. I think that says a lot about Kevin!

We both highly recommend Kevin for your tours around Nuremberg. In fact, I hope Kevin could do the same for Munich and Berlin. I think he would do an awesome job for those two other cities as well.

Thanks Kevin for your enthusiasm and more power to you!

TourGuide-KEVIN, Owner at Nuremberg Tours in English, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2016

Thank you very, very much for your fantastic review, Marco! It was a delight showing you and your wife around Nuremberg.

All reviews
"better understanding"
in 11 reviews
"personal tour"
in 4 reviews
"answered all our questions"

Reviewed November 6, 2016 via mobile

We took Kevin's private tour from traveling with Viking and wanted to more detailed information. Kevin is American born so his English is perfect and he had tremendous amount of knowledge and was able to answer all our questions. We made many changes to our location of pickup and he was very flexible with our final pickup and drop off locations. It was a cold day and we did a lot of standing outside the car with him showing pictures. We went to the court house and spent a short time there and at the museum which we felt we could have had more time but he waited for us outside and we had a 3 hour tour. It was 5€ additional to visit this place. We saw all the other sites and did not visit the other museum but with his knowledge it would be a repeat.

Thanks.

Reviewed November 5, 2016

As an onsite Travel Agent for discerning travelers mainly from the United States, I recommended Kevins' tour to a couple of clients prior to their embarking on a Danube cruise. They wrote to me the day after expressing their complete enthusiasm with Kevins' tour, his knowledge, his professionalism and also capability to adapt to their specific interests and answer their questions rather than just reciting from a text book.
Their words were "totally awesome, we were enthralled"'.

TourGuide-KEVIN, Owner at Nuremberg Tours in English, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2016

Marnie, thank you very much for taking time from your busy schedule to write this wonderful review. I really appreciate it!

Reviewed November 5, 2016 via mobile

I'm just about the biggest buff of history you're going to find, and expat (yet local) tour guide Kevin has designed a tour profile that delivers the maximum bang in historic Nuremberg. He has a few spiels and walkarounds on offer, so I took him up on a doubleheader of WWII/War Crimes and Historic Middle Ages. It was a whole day between walking and automobile travel, but I can think of no better a use of my time. Kevin drills down to the heart of what each site means, and offers the deep context of what you're seeing and why it matters. This is pure storytelling, a joy to listen to. I would recommend a lunch break if you can spare it, if only to enjoy some of the region-specific bratwurst which Nuremberg can boast.

Thank you, thank you, Bill.

See more reviews
Reviewed November 3, 2016

I recently took my visiting aunt and uncle on Kevin's Nuremberg Tour. We rearranged our schedule so that we could book him and we were so glad we did! We asked for the emphasis on WW II sights and were not disappointed. Kevin is extremely knowledgeable about Nuremberg and it's significance to the Nazi Party. He took us to as many historical sights as possible without rushing through, while providing us with much insight and information. Kevin picked us up at our hotel in a beautiful van and would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone!

TourGuide-KEVIN, Owner at Nuremberg Tours in English, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2016

Many, many thanks!