“Nurenburg Tour in English”

Nuremberg Tours in English
WW2 and BEER Tour
Ranked #1 of 30 Tours in Nuremberg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Why should you book with me? Simply put, I am good at what I do and I love doing it. I'm a cultural interpreter, NOT a teacher (passing on knowledge) or a sightseeing guide (pointing things out). I'm more like a reverse anthropologist: a local expert insider explaining and sharing Nuremberg, Bamberg, and Rothenburg culture with my inquisitive customers. I lead exploratory walks and unscripted cultural experiences. I present information in a way that allows my customers to make their own mental connections. After all, a tour with just interesting information is infotainment. The most memorable tours are the ones that make people think and feel. My availability is 24 / 7 / 365 and you can book me at short notice!
Reviewed October 11, 2016

We did the WW2 tour and the city old town tour. Kevin was outstanding and shared many significant facts about the sights and how they fit together from a historical perspective. His subject expertise is excellent and he is very personable and makes the tour very friendly. This is the tour to take if you're really interested in Nuremburg and the WW2 history. Kevin also took us to the absolute best restaurant in the old town for authentic brats, sauerkraut, beer and pretzels. Not to be missed.

TourGuide-KEVIN, Owner at Nuremberg Tours in English, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2016

Thanks a lot for your review, Mike! You guys were a real pleasure to be with.

All reviews
"better understanding"
in 11 reviews
"personal tour"
in 4 reviews
"answered all our questions"

Reviewed October 9, 2016

Kevin took us on a full day tour of Bamberg. What a wonderful experience! He picked us up at our hotel in Nuremberg exactly at the planned time and described the history and background of the area as we drove to Bamberg. Once there, he walked us through the city, pointing out the most interesting features and relating stories about the sites. My husband later said, "I read about the area before, but I learned a lot that I never knew!"

Kevin was very accommodating when it came to what we wanted to do. When we reached Bamberg, we discovered that there was a beer festival going on, and he was happy to keep touring or sit with us in a beer tent and talk more about the city (we chose the latter!).

We would highly recommend Kevin. Very informative and thorough and accommodating. You won't regret it!

TourGuide-KEVIN, Owner at Nuremberg Tours in English, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2016

Thanks for the review, Kaley! I'm glad that you guys enjoyed the day as much as I did.

Reviewed October 5, 2016

My wife and I, and another couple, were doing a Danube river cruise but we wanted to include a couple of other cities in the agenda. My son researched travel guides for Nuremberg and settled on Kevin and we couldn't be happier. We all wanted to see the important Nazi historic sites, parade grounds, courthouse, etc. but we were awed by the old city and Kevin's knowledge of it. He made it come alive for us. We set the pace and Kevin made it flow. He answered endless questions and gave us fascinating information on the buildings, how they were constructed and why they were constructed. We even got to sample Nuremberg sausage for lunch at one of Kevin's favorite restaurant haunts. Great stuff.

Don't visit Nuremberg without Kevin at your side.

TourGuide-KEVIN, Owner at Nuremberg Tours in English, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2016

Thank you very much for your review, Jack. It was a real pleasure for me to spend the day with you guys.

Reviewed October 4, 2016

While staying in Munich, my husband and I took the train to Nuremburg, where Kevin met us at the station. We did his WWII tour and loved it. Kevin is very knowledgeable about the history of Nazi Germany and incorporated the sights into a fascinating history of not just Nuremburg, but also the rise of Nazism and Hitler. He has excellent pictures showing what the sights looked like previously, and he encourages questions and comments. Not only was this an informative history lesson, but Kevin is comfortable to spend time with. He's charming, friendly, and knowledgeable. And he graciously dropped us off at a restaurant where we could have Nuremburg sausages for lunch, and then walk through the old town on our way back to the train station - with a little history from Kevin to send us on our way. My only disappointment is that we didn't have enough time to do his Old Town tour also. I would highly recommend Kevin.

TourGuide-KEVIN, Owner at Nuremberg Tours in English, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2016

Thank you, thank you, thank you!