“Great tour of Nuremburg!”

Nuremberg Tours in English
WW2 and BEER Tour
Ranked #1 of 30 Tours in Nuremberg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Why should you book with me? Simply put, I am good at what I do and I love doing it. I'm a cultural interpreter, NOT a teacher (passing on knowledge) or a sightseeing guide (pointing things out). I'm more like a reverse anthropologist: a local expert insider explaining and sharing Nuremberg, Bamberg, and Rothenburg culture with my inquisitive customers. I lead exploratory walks and unscripted cultural experiences. I present information in a way that allows my customers to make their own mental connections. After all, a tour with just interesting information is infotainment. The most memorable tours are the ones that make people think and feel. My availability is 24 / 7 / 365 and you can book me at short notice!
Reviewed August 28, 2016

Based on all the outstanding TripAdvisor reviews we went with Kevin for a combo tour in Nuremburg. His responses to my initial request were very fast and we had all the details worked out in one email. Kevin picked us up at the Documentation Center in his roomy and clean Mercedes van that you see on his website.

Since we had limited time in town, we asked Kevin if he could combine the courthouse along with a tour of the old town. It was nice to driven right to the front of the courthouse and walked in to spend some time there before heading off to tour the old town area (tour guides are not allowed in the courthouse). As soon as we finished he was right there waiting to pick us so we would move to our next stop.

We had a great walk through the town and managed to see all the highlights and number of things I’m sure don’t get covered on other tours.

Kevin not only provides a great tour but shares a deeper level of information on every topic than you probably get on most of the tours. He clearly is a student of history and very well read. It was nice being able to stop and spend more time where we wanted to instead of having to continue to march on so that all the boxes were checked as they were doing in a couple of very large tours that passed us by.

If you are looking for a great personalized tour-you will not go wrong with Kevin. The only regret I have is that we didn’t allow more time to spend with him to see even more of the area. Take advantage of his knowledge to customize your day and also ask about other areas he covers including Rothenburg.

We highly recommend his services and will certainly use him again if we return to the area.

TourGuide-KEVIN, Owner at Nuremberg Tours in English, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2016

Thank you very much! It makes me happy to know that I was able to contribute to your enjoyment of Nuremberg.

All reviews
"better understanding"
in 11 reviews
"personal tour"
in 4 reviews
"answered all our questions"

Reviewed August 25, 2016

Kevin was an amazing guide! It was the perfect tour for our group of six as we were able to go at our own pace. Kevin REALLY knows his stuff and you can tell he is passionate about the history. We thoroughly enjoyed our tour. I enjoyed him so much that I booked him again when my family and I visit in December.

TourGuide-KEVIN, Owner at Nuremberg Tours in English, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2016

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Ellie! I look forward to meeting your parents around Christmas time.

Reviewed August 21, 2016

Kevin was an excellent tour guide, and he made every effort to make my experience as memorable, and narrowly tailored to my interests as possible. I have always had a fascination with the rise of the Nazi's and the Second World War. I have studied the subject matter in detail, and came to Germany wanting to walk through history by visiting actual places where these events took place. Kevin was very knowledgeable about the subject matter, and was able to provide me with informational nuggets that I was not aware of, which enhanced the overall experience. I would highly recommend this tour for anyone looking to go beyond the perfunctory stop and snap a picture where Hitler once stood. As a lawyer, I was impressed with Kevin's knowledge of the Nuremberg trials, but was disappointed that he was not permitted to go into the exhibit with me. This is a highly recommended experience.

TourGuide-KEVIN, Owner at Nuremberg Tours in English, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2016

Thank you very much, Shawn. I enjoyed giving you my tour.

Reviewed August 20, 2016

Absolutely outstanding. Kevin is very knowledge about history from Middle Ages through the WW I & II. Extremely detailed and interesting. His Van is very comfortable. The day spent with him was the highlight of our Bavarian vacation.

TourGuide-KEVIN, Owner at Nuremberg Tours in English, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2016

Thanks for the resounding endorsement, Bev! I'm glad that you guys enjoyed yourselves as much as I did.