“Private tour all day with Kevin”

Nuremberg Tours in English
Nuremberg WW2 Combo PRIVATE Tour
Ranked #1 of 34 Tours in Nuremberg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Why should you book with me? Simply put, I am good at what I do and I love doing it. I'm a cultural interpreter, NOT a teacher (passing on knowledge) or a sightseeing guide (pointing things out). I'm more like a reverse anthropologist: a local expert insider explaining and sharing Nuremberg, Bamberg, and Rothenburg culture with my inquisitive customers. I lead exploratory walks and unscripted cultural experiences. I present information in a way that allows my customers to make their own mental connections. After all, a tour with just interesting information is infotainment. The most memorable tours are the ones that make people think and feel. My availability is 24 / 7 / 365 and you can book me at short notice!
Reviewed June 18, 2016

I've been to Nuremberg before but not my husband, so I knew what we should see and it covers a lot of territory! Contacted Kevin several months before our trip and booked right away. I know a little German, but not enough to understand a native guide. It was nice to have a dedicated English speaker for the whole day. He picked us up right on time at our hotel in the Altstadt and away we went - the new car was super nice!! Covered the Courthouse where the trials were held, rally grounds, castle, Tanner's Row, the Altstadt and all the little bits in between. The best part was Kevin pointing out all the little tid-bits about the city and pointing out things I'd passed before on a previous visit and had no idea what is was, its importance or significance. The day went by too fast and before we knew it - it was over. Whaaahhhh! If I knew I'd have such a good time, I'd have booked for 2 days. Anyway...on time, informative, customized to your interests, price fair and very educational. Loved it.

Date of experience: May 2016
TourGuide-KEVIN, Owner at Nuremberg Tours in English, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2016

Thank you very much for your feedback, Nancy! The day flew by for me as well.

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"subject matter"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed June 17, 2016 via mobile

We were group of 3 couples meeting in Nuremberg from different cities for Viking Romantic Danube trip. We spent delightful and informative day with Kevin learning the WWII history of Nuremberg.
Kevin was very knowledgeable and made these tragic times so real for all of us. We saw many added areas and were able to adjust schedule when we wanted , compared to the large group tour optional tour offered by Viking the next day of WWII .
We had lunch in town and continued with the medieval history of Nuremberg. At end of great day Kevin dropped us at Viking dock in time for cocktails and retrieved our luggage at our hotel in Erlagen . FYI Viking Dock was at Erlagen and is 40-50 euro cab ride from Nuremberg .
Kevin provides a " great ride" in his large van and is both entertaining and informative. We all enjoyed the day. The next day with Viking we were able to hit the areas we wanted to spend more time ... The
Documentation Center and downtown Nuremberg ... Using Viking transport .

Date of experience: May 2016

Thanks for your review, Kathy! I really appreciate it and I'm very glad your guys enjoyed the tour.

Reviewed June 15, 2016

Kevin is engaging, knowledgeable and accommodating. We thoroughly enjoyed spending the day with him. He even picked us up in Rothenburg, saving us from a tight two-train transfer to get to Nuremberg. He is exactly as advertised. You won't be disappointed.

Date of experience: May 2016
TourGuide-KEVIN, Owner at Nuremberg Tours in English, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2016

Many thanks, Dolores! You guys were a lot of fun.

Reviewed June 3, 2016 via mobile

While in Nuremberg, we knew there were a lot of historical sites to see but we weren't sure where to start. We hired Kevin to guide us and man, was it by far the best part of the trip! Not only was Kevin friendly and knowledgeable, but he brought pictures with him to aid in our learning and allowed us to set our own pace. Thanks to Kevin for making my first trip to Nuremberg a memory I will treasure forever.

Date of experience: May 2016
TourGuide-KEVIN, Owner at Nuremberg Tours in English, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2016

Many thanks for your glowing review! You made my day.