“Great and a little bit more”

Nuremberg Tours in English
Ranked #1 of 29 Tours in Nuremberg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Why should you book with me? Simply put, I am good at what I do and I love doing it. I'm a cultural interpreter, NOT a teacher (passing on knowledge) or a sightseeing guide (pointing things out). I'm more like a reverse anthropologist: a local expert insider explaining and sharing Nuremberg, Bamberg, and Rothenburg culture with my inquisitive customers. I lead exploratory walks and unscripted cultural experiences. I present information in a way that allows my customers to make their own mental connections. After all, a tour with just interesting information is infotainment. The most memorable tours are the ones that make people think and feel. My availability is 24 / 7 / 365 and you can book me at short notice!
Reviewed December 26, 2015

My wife and I were recently in Nuremberg for a very short time and wanted to see as much of the WW2 sights as possible in the limited amount of time we had. I contacted Kevin some time ago and we made arrangements to meet as soon as we arrived in Nuremberg and he was there waiting for us as we arrived. I consider myself well read and educated regarding history and Kevin tailor made our itinerary to suit our interests and time schedule. In any event we enjoyed a very thorough and efficient tour of all the major sights associated with the Rallies and Trials. Because of the personal nature of the tour we were able to spend as little or as much time as we wanted at the various sights. It was a great tour with a very competent and knowledgeable guide.

However, the story doesn't end there. Kevin was kind enough to drop us off at our riverboat (we did a cruise from Nuremberg to Budapest) and in the hustle and bustle of getting our luggage I left my camera in his car by accident. Although I never had any worries about getting it back it would still have been a great disappointment to not have had it for the remainder of our trip. Well, a short time later there is Kevin coming on the boat with the camera. In a very cynical world that is definitely a very generous and thoughtful thing to do. Thank you.

We very much enjoyed our time with Kevin and highly recommend him to you.

2  Thank wfm855
TourGuide-KEVIN, Owner at Nuremberg Tours in English, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2015

Thank you very much for your kind review, Bill ! If you have chance, please post some of your Nuremberg pics on my TripAdvisor page.

All reviews
"learned a great deal"
"an american"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed December 22, 2015

Kevin is really knowledgeable about the Nazi rally grounds and does a great job of describing the different locations and the events that took place during those times. It was an added bonus that he is a fellow American and speaks English.

1  Thank John S
TourGuide-KEVIN, Owner at Nuremberg Tours in English, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2015

Congratulations, John! You are my 100th reviewer. Many thanks.

Reviewed December 18, 2015

Kevin has a lot of knowledge to share and he delivers with enthusiasm. I am pleased we booked his services for a tour. The tour was even better than I had hoped.

TourGuide-KEVIN, Owner at Nuremberg Tours in English, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2015

Thank you so very much for your review! I'm really happy to hear that I exceeded your expectations.

Reviewed December 18, 2015

Our river cruise was ending in Nuremberg, so Kevin picked up the two of us and our luggage from our ship and gave us a two-part tour (about 4 hours) starting with the Nazi history and moving to the Old City. Great perspective on both aspects. I particularly enjoyed learning about all the features that made the city wall so impregnable that nobody ever tried to attack it. At the end, he offered to drop our luggage at the hotel for us so that we could stay in the Old City for lunch and not have to make an extra trip back and forth. Wonderful idea.

1  Thank TheWisslers

Thanks for your review, Ken and Bernice! I was more than happy to drop off your luggage at your hotel. That's the Nuremberg Tours in English difference.