“Like traveling with a favorite brother ;-)”

Nuremberg Tours in English
Nuremberg WW2 Combo PRIVATE Tour
Ranked #1 of 34 Tours in Nuremberg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Why should you book with me? Simply put, I am good at what I do and I love doing it. I'm a cultural interpreter, NOT a teacher (passing on knowledge) or a sightseeing guide (pointing things out). I'm more like a reverse anthropologist: a local expert insider explaining and sharing Nuremberg, Bamberg, and Rothenburg culture with my inquisitive customers. I lead exploratory walks and unscripted cultural experiences. I present information in a way that allows my customers to make their own mental connections. After all, a tour with just interesting information is infotainment. The most memorable tours are the ones that make people think and feel. My availability is 24 / 7 / 365 and you can book me at short notice!
Reviewed October 29, 2015

We contacted Kevin to see if he would do a customized tour in Nuremberg. After assuring me that he would gladly include personal destinations, we ended up booking two days. He came to our hotel in Munich and took us to Neuschwanstein Castle, Weis Church, and Rothenburg on the first day. The second day he picked us up in Rothenburg, drove us through the German countryside, and finished the day touring personal and tourist spots in Nuremberg.

Kevin was gracious about our special requests. He rented a larger car for the first day since our request included covering a lot of miles. HIs car in Nuremberg was very comfortable for the shorter distances on the second day.

The whole two days were extremely comfortable; Kevin was very informative. He was a wealth of information and kept a comfortable pace. It felt like traveling with a favorite brother! I especially smile when I think of the meals we ate together. He had researched restaurants in the unfamiliar area of the Weis Church. The restaurant he picked was phenomenal. He easily switched back and forth while speaking to the native server and then checking with us on our preferences. He offered suggestions when requested. I highly recommend Kevin as a guide!

Date of experience: September 2015
TourGuide-KEVIN, Owner at Nuremberg Tours in English, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2015

Thanks for the terrific review, Cheryl ! I really appreciate it along with all of the pictures that you uploaded as well. Take care.

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"subject matter"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed October 18, 2015

My father & I toured with Kevin for one day & saw the world war 2 sites as well as the old city. Kevin was very insightful as we toured the Nazi rally grounds & helped us understand & visuals what it must have been like. His knowledge was excellent & we enjoyed talking about the events with Kevin. The day before we had visited the Documentation Museum which helped orient ourselves to Kevin's Tour.

Date of experience: August 2015
TourGuide-KEVIN, Owner at Nuremberg Tours in English, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2015

Many thanks for your review, Ed!

Reviewed October 14, 2015

My husband, Frank, and I met up with Kevin about 10 days ago in Nuremberg for a half day tour. I'm not a WWII expert and my husband is much more knowledgeable on the subject, yet Kevin managed to keep both of us interested and engaged throughout the afternoon.

We toured the Nazi Party Rally Grounds and the Nuremberg Trial Room. As a professional guide, Kevin is not allowed to take folks into the Nuremberg Courthouse, but he gave us a very good overview prior to entering the museum. We were able to walk through at our own pace and then ask him questions when we returned to the car.

Kevin arrived a little early and offered to start a bit early if we wanted, which we did. His car is clean and comfortable and we always managed to find a convenient parking spot, especially since my husband has trouble walking long distances. His book of historic photos were helpful in explaining some of the history of these places. Kevin does a great job--we certainly felt we got our money's worth on this private tour.

Date of experience: October 2015
1  Thank PatriciaK
TourGuide-KEVIN, Owner at Nuremberg Tours in English, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2015

Thank you very much for your detailed review, Patricia!

Reviewed October 13, 2015

Tour guide was very insightful and provided comprehensive historical explanations. The tour was authoritative and hugely valuable.

Date of experience: October 2015
TourGuide-KEVIN, Owner at Nuremberg Tours in English, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2015

Thank you very much.

See more reviews
Reviewed October 8, 2015

My husband and I had Kevin as our private tour for the Nazi Rally Grounds Tour and the Nuremberg Trials Tour. We only had one day in Nuremberg, and we made the best of it with having Kevin as our guide!

Kevin has his own car, which is great to get around to the different sites. His knowledge of the Rally Grounds and the trials is excellent! We also enjoyed his perspective as an ex-pat! Kevin tailored our time with him to what we wanted to see and do, which was great! We just really enjoyed spending the day with him.

We would highly recommend Kevin for however long you will be in Nuremberg. It was money and time well spent!! Thanks so much, Kevin!

Date of experience: September 2015
TourGuide-KEVIN, Owner at Nuremberg Tours in English, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2015

Many, many thanks for your fantastic review, Sue. I am very grateful. Take care.