“Great food”

Neighborhood: Altstadt - St. Lorenz
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Great food”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

If you like trad sausage etc. it was great with good service and a friendly staff and perfect seating options

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Mike B

• Czech first
  • Polish first
Amberg, Germany
“One of my favourite traditional Nuremburg eateries”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Everytime I visit this restaurant with family they have excellent, fresh service, delicious food (not issues with my gluten allergy) and friendly people who frequent the restaurant. You have the usual tourists and locals, like myself. I love taking visitors here. Wonderful value for the quality.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Britta J
Santa Clarita, California
“Awesome Little Sausages!”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

This restaurant looks like a fast food restaruant. So it lacks in atmosphere. However, it makes up for that in the food! You simply must try the Nernberger Sausages! These were the best we had in the city and we tried them in 3 different restaurants! They are always grilled and served with hard rolls and mustard. These sausages have a colorful history! Something about being made for a Nobleman who was incarcerated and his family had to make the small enough to fit through the key hole of his cell door. There's even a tradition on how many you can order at a time! Food history is so fun! I was told the city regulates the size and ingredients for historical consistency. This kind of foodie find is what make traveling fun. You can only get these particular sausages in Nurnberg! They are so good and something we CRAVE and talk about often!

We stopped here on our way out of town. We had to squeeze in one more Sausage fix before we hit the road. It was early in the morning so the place was empty. The server was pleasant the the restaurant was spotlessly clean.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Lisatini1013
Pisa, Toscana, Italy
“Great bratwursts”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

This was the first place we ate at while in Nuremberg and it was a great start to our vacation. My husband and I both loved our bratwursts and my potato salad was fantastic. Our waiter was friendly and attentive. My only complaint would be that our beer were not cold. That was the first time I have been served a warm beer since arriving in Germany.

• Visited October 2013
Javea, Spain
“Excellent .... exactly what it is ... exactly what it says!”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Bratwurst grilled sausages
Boiled ham hock
Sauerkraut
Creamy potato salad
Hot mustard
Horseradish ....
all complimented by a basket of delicious breads
and served by waiters and waitresses in traditional costume!
Do be aware ... it is not a quick relaxing meal --- so second time round we ordered the ham hock and waited for it to arrive until we ordered the sausages. It sort of worked! The weather was so amazing in late October we were still dining outside ... but dining inside you may find yourself sharing your table with strangers ... usually really interesting people!

• Visited October 2013