“Not Good Enough”

Hotel am Schonen Brunnen
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nuremberg
Hotel am Schonen Brunnen
Ranked #90 of 126 Hotels in Nuremberg
A TripAdvisor Member
“Not Good Enough”
Reviewed June 9, 2006

I'm sorry but this Hotel was not good enough for the money, for where it is or the general attitude of the service people. No iron available! Unfriendly, regards a Mother and Child being 5 minutes late for breakfast!...no breakfast allowed! North Coast , NSW, Australia.

• Stayed May 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Toronto
Reviewed June 5, 2006

Hotel Am Schoenen Brunnen. The service here was non-existent. First of all we didn't even book here, we booked at BurgHotel (see my reveiw there) and were sent to this hotel instead. The lady manager was not nice at all, we had to ask and double-check what our room rates were since they said hardly nothing to us when we arrived. When we told them that the rates were different from what we had confirmed with the Burg Hotel many months ago the lady manager rudely said that it was not her fault that we were sent to her hotel!! No matter, because they must have figured it out later because in the end we paid the same amount as confirmed with the other hotel but for sure we paid way too much for this dump of a hotel.

The hallways and lifts stank like sewer and I thought I would vomit everytime we had to walk into the hotel. Our room was large, but with all our luggage and a 3 year old child it was a pain to have to take the lift and then many stairs up to our room on the top floor. They did not restock the toilet paper, so we had to ask for more. The towels were thin and decaying! The lift had the name Hotel Garni on it, so maybe this was the original name of the place. My mothers single room was dirty and they did not make her bed.

The lady manager was the worst, she was rude to us and rude to other guests in the morning at breakfast. My husband and son were 5 minutes late for breakfast (my mother and I were in the breakfast room finishing our breakfast at this time) and although there was food still out the lady manager said it was too late for them to have breakfast and quickly packed it all away. They did not have an iron and informed us it was broken. They did not go out of their way to help at all. My mother had to tell the lady off so that she would finally go and get a bandage for my son after he had cut his wrist/arm on some glass outside (near the castle) - the lady manager wanted my mother to walk around the city on a Sunday! to find a pharmacy - all the while my 3 year old son is panicking, crying and bleeding.

Yuck!! Don't stay here.

• Stayed May 2006
2 Thank eljela

Travelers are raving about these Nuremberg hotels

palm beach
Reviewed August 7, 2005

other than its central location there is nothing romantic, charming, or quaint about this hotel which is one floor in a commercial office building. For security reasons you must take the stairs in the evening so it is not appropriate for disabled even though there is an elevator during the day. parking is extra, breaklfast ok but wouldn't hold food an extra 5 moinutes for some family members. Front desk staff were not helpful and routinely referred you to the olocal tourist office even for the most mundane questions. Rooms are old, sterile ( reminded me of college dormitories) and not well manintained.

• Stayed July 2005