“average”

Hotel Am Jakobsmarkt
Ranked #46 of 126 Hotels in Nuremberg
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Only stayed here for one night. Did not realise it was close to the redlight district, and did not see any evidence of this on my stay. The lobby is quite dated, as are the 'traditional' rooms (by traditional they mean worn). Checkin was ok, if not the friendliest. One of our party had a traditional room, which he said was ok, but would not choose again. I stayed in a double modern room; yes, it is renovated, but I found the bathroom with the glass wall a bit strange. My mattress was hard. No tea/coffee making facilities in the room. WiFi only in lobby. Did not have breakfast there. Very strong smell of garlic in the hallway of the first floor.

Room Tip: Ask for a modern room!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed February 14, 2012

I had booked this hotel primarily for its central location in the old town, close to the shopping areas and the major sights. I was very happy with my choice. The room I got was facing the court, and I slept very well in a comfortable bed. The rooms have been renovated, with hazelnut brown coloring, very nice to the eye, and modern bathroom facilities. You can easily hear your neighbors though, the walls must be rather thin. But I never had an issue with noise the three nights I stayed.
Staff were friendly, helpful and forthcoming.
I did not try the restaurant / breakfast, so cannot comment on that. There are enough coffee shops and restaurants in the area to quench one's hunger or thirst, so I tended to go to the cafe Lucas, the "Beck", or the Casa Pane.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the court, not the street
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Tirza11
Reviewed February 4, 2012

The hotel itself is an old hotel, but the room I got ( 305) was decent enough and more modern than the hotel itself.

If you want a cheap centrally located hotel and you dont need "luxury" it might be ok for you. But its just 100 meter from the red light district, so dont be surprised too see girls and mens strolling around...

All inn all I would give this hotel 2,5 stars, but since its not possible, Ill give it 3 since im nice today.

Room Tip: Ask to get a refurnished room, last year i lived in a sidebuilding of the hotel from like the 1700-1...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 18, 2011

Reception friendly. Room in old building and up lots of rickety stairs (room 428 maybe)
Nice quirky room but main bedroom was up yet another flight of stairs which were unstable and had no light over. Quite dangerous - wouldn't get past UK health and safety!
The bed was a mattress on the floor - not ideal and only one bedside light in a dark corner on the floor to light the whole room. There was wiring but nothing connected to it.
No where to put clothes upstairs. Didn't feel safe going up and down the stairs in poor light and didn't fancy coming down in the middle of the night so slept in second bedroom on same level as bathroom and lounge area. Comfortable bed.
Lots of different levels in this room and many beams, which you expect for old building, just take care.
Location OK, free parking. Walked to shops and Christmas market. Didn't have breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 14, 2011

I stayed at the Hotel am Jakobsmarkt for one weekend, to visit the famous Nuremberg Christmas market. The hotel is in the old-town central area, but a bit out of the way. I found this an advantage, as it is off the big crowds but still only a 5-10 minutes walk from the shopping area and the Christmas market.

With the hotel itself I was also very satisfied. The room was clean, the service polite and helpful, and the breakfast was very good. And all for a reasonable price.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed December 11, 2011

I had a lovely stay in this hotel. The check in was friendly and efficient and despite arriving before the scheduled check in time we were given the rooms immediately.

The superior room was a decent size and well equipped with a large shower room and a very comfortable bed. Everything worked well and the room was very quiet with minimal noise. Water pressure was good and there was plenty of hanging and storage space. Only thing that I didn't like was the hairdryer which had virtually no hot air coming out of it. I wish hotels would invest in decent quality hairdryers.

The breakfast was a particular highlight with a good range of high quality food. There was some particularly great fresh bread and a range of meat and cheese to go on it as well as fresh cake. German breakfasts are always nice but this was good even by German standards.

Location was very central, 5 minutes from Breite Gasse (one of the main shopping streets).

It's not the biggest or the flashiest hotel in Nurnberg but I definitely enjoyed my stay and would stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2011

Helpful and friendly staff in this small clean hotel near the south western wall of the old town. Free wifi available but patchy, no air con - but that's not unusual. noisy at night thanks to the proximity to local bars. Ask for a room at the back. The red light district is pretty close, but you hardly notice it.
Would stay again, nurenberg is an interesting city, would just bring earplugs next time.

• Stayed: June 2011