“Great service however room a little worn and tired.”

Sheraton Carlton Hotel Nuernberg
Ranked #23 of 126 Hotels in Nuremberg
Reviewed August 14, 2014

We stayed at the Sheraton Carlton Hotel Nuernberg in a Non-smoking Executive room (624) for four nights during July 2014.

The Hotel is situated just outside the old town walls close to the main railway station. All the main Nuernberg tourist sites are within walking distance. The castle is on the other side of the old town about 30min walk away through the pedestrian town centre. Access to the hotel from the old town is across a very busy through a subway system. During the day this was fine, however in the evening the subway area was frequented by some of the less desirable residents of Nuernberg. We encountered no problems, however it is something to be aware of.

During our stay there was ample car parking at the hotel either in the basement at 15 Euros a night, or across the road on a vacant lot for 12 Euros a night. Hotel Internet access was free for 60 mins a day, then there was a charge.

All the staff we encountered on both the reception desk, and at breakfast could not have been more helpful. The gentleman on reception even came out to our car to programme our satnav for an excursion. Our room was large and well equipped, and clean, apart from a nasty brown satin on the carpet by the bathroom door, I avoided walking on it. The room did however feel a little dated and worn and not up to the standard of other German four and five star hotels we stayed in during our trip.

If you get the chance do not miss a trip to Rothenberg. It is about a hours drive away, it is like a fairy tale town.

Room Tip: Our room faced the railway line, however this was not a problem at all. There was no noise at all wi...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Magpie1862

Reviewed August 11, 2014

This hotel is well placed for the travelling visitor, it is right next to both the rail and bus stations, it is only a short 5 minute walk to the main town or 10 mins to the city square.
The rooms are all that you expect from a high quality hotel, comfortable beds, the most powerful shower you could imagine, and up on the roof top is a gym and terrace with some lovely views, unfortunately not over the town but over the railway
All the staff were very helpful and polite and although it lacks real passion or features it is a good place to rest your weary head in comfort.

Room Tip: Worth paying the extra for the superior rooms
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank GarmischP
Reviewed August 4, 2014

The Hotel has a very convenient location within walking distance of the main station. Staff at check-in and check-out was perfectly friendly and helpful. The room was a corner room on the 4th floor and was rather big (even for a 5-star hotel) with an extremly comfortable bed. Room service was quick and the food was very good. Overall the Sheraton has everything you can expect from a luxury hotel and will be my first choice when I will return to Nuremberg in the future.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 28, 2014

The way you are welcomed to a Hotel, shows how much a Hotel likes or dislikes its guest, In the case of this Hotel Sheraton in Nurnberg I had the Impression, they think they have a great Hotel and the only thing that annoys them is the stupid guest. We has informed and received the assurance that there would be a parking place for our car when we arrive at around 6 p.m., but when we reached the entrance all parking spaces were blocked and no one at the entrance to help. No portiere or Bell Boy. For a 250 Bucks a night Hotel, just disappointing. After dragging our luggage ourselves, we were showed to the room, but now the luggage took its time to be delivered to the room. All in all a harrowing check-in experience.

But this was not all. After the luggage arrived I noticed some stuff was still in the car, and so I went down to ask the reception for the key. They wanted an ID from me inspire of the fact that I had a Card of the Hotel in my Hands and showed it to the. No they could not be sure that the car was mine and needed my ID. Yes it was for my safety. Only as I did not have the ID, I had to deposit my drivers license.!!

What else will they think of to give their guest a higher blood pressure?

As we had a booking in a Restaurant shortly after Arrival, this took away any chance of relaxing before we rushed to the 'Essigbrätlein'. Anyway the food was a pleasure and the Hotel quiet when we returned. We stayed the night and left next morning. I certainly did not expect such a treatment in a Sheraton Carlton Joint. Goes to Show what a big difference there is between advertising and the actual treatment of guest. Hope the personnel and management is having a good time, laughing and thinking of ways to make the life of their guest miserable. I for one will avoid this Hotel and can only advice you to do so too!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Imtiaz A
Reviewed July 28, 2014

A nice Sheraton located approximately two blocks west of the main train station. Valet parking available (€15).
Go through the train station underground to get to Konigstrasse.

Decent size rooms with large bathrooms.
Like many European hotels, the in-room air conditioning could not quite keep up with the outside temperature.

We stayed here on SPG points (2 rooms for 2 nights).

We used the bar and the sidewalk tables for drinks.
We did not eat in the restaurant.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2014

The hotel itself is good and well situated.Reception staff friendly but not very competent.Watch and control your account.We were 3 times overcharged with the initial booking .They informed us only about it with the final account when checking out.Wifi for that price not for free which is rediculous and poor quality.Parking is in a much too small area outside and not save .They parked us in with their own shuttle bus ,so we could not even get in to our car and only after 15 min they moved the shuttle bus not even asking for excuse. Quite not the service you would expect from a hotel like that.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Great service and big rooms. I arrive there in the morning at about 10am and they let me have my room, which is rare for all of the other hotels in the area where they normally stick to the check in time of 3pm. The rooms are one of the bigger rooms I stayed in for Sheraton and they are comfortable. The hotel is about 5 mins walking distance back to the city area which is very convenient.

Normally very quiet, except for the night where the world cup was on(I was jet lagged so was asleep) and Germany beat Brazil and I was woken up with the cheers from the street and the bar.

Buffet breakfast has complete choice of cold cuts, breads and hot food and everything you would expect from a hotel of this type.

Gym on the top floor has a great view of the city, good to check out even if you don't use it. The gym is small but has all the basic equipment for a good workout.

The only complaint would be the internet, where you only get 1 free hour and you need to get passcode otherwise you will have to pay for the internet.

If I get a choice, this will be first choice hotel in the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business