“Highly recommendable!”

Ranked #13 of 126 Hotels in Nuremberg
Geneva
“Highly recommendable!”
Reviewed July 27, 2011

We stayed two nights at the Sheraton Hotel Carlton and had previously asked for a quiet room which was ready for us when we arrived, facing the back court of the hotel and far away from the elevators. Very friendly staff at the reception and in the hotel in general. The room and the bathroom are spacious and have all the amenities we like. A free bottle of water was in the room every day. The breakfast buffet has a large variety of cold and hot food. Again the staff very friendly and helpful. Location is great, in a quiet street but only a couple of minutes walking distance from the main station and the city center. Should we return to Nuremberg we will definitely stay at the Sheraton again.

Room Tip: Just ask for it, the staff is very accomodating and helpful.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SabineGeneva

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Switzerland
Reviewed July 13, 2011

This is our second stay at this hotel during "Rock im Park" music festival. I booked well in advance and payed for a night 118 Euro for a double room including breakfast (I found the rate on trivago) which is a very good price for this hotel. Sheraton Carlton has a touch of luxury, the service is good, helpful and friendly, there is a nice rooftop gym/small wellness area, a little bar, nice breakfast selection. The rooms are typical business hotel style, not really stylish but well maintained, good size and with a little balcony (I asked for a room with a balcony, no extra cost). I think 5 stars are ok for Nurnberg, for this price and for the service, facilities and location (close to old town, railway station). We were happy with the hotel and will choose it again next year.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I stayed here for two nights while attending a business exhibition in the city. Location of hotel is good, just five minutes flat walking from the main station.

However, the advertised room rate (single!) €250 seemed excessive - I did get a slight dicount by booking through an independent agency. And for this price, you had a room.

No internet, no breakfast! The latter was a further €15 perday - but it was a very good breakfast. A buffet style with a wide variety of hot and cold items, with waitress service for drinks.

Bedrooms were very good - spacious, large bed (but only a SINGLE duvet on a double bed), good sized bathroom and TV. Complementary bottle of water!

Staff very pleasant, speaking very good English - and I assume other European languages.

These days I feel hotels, particularly those trying to attract the business market should include free wifi internet access. The cost to the hotel is minimal.

Should I visit the city again in the future I may look for something a little more economicaly priced.

Room Tip: Book with an Agency to try to get a reduced rate.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We got bumped into the Sheraton because the hotel we were in originally was overbooked. What a pleasant surprise. I usually do not like huge chain hotels because I like personalized service and attentive staff which often gets impersonal and standardized once a hotel belongs to a chain. However, the Sheraton Nürnberg manages to have both - impeccable service, great, clean rooms, very nice breakfast and very friendly staff. If I ever have to go to Nürnberg again, I will stay there right from the start.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed June 10, 2011

I arrived on a Sunday evening for a business meeting early on Monday. Not a perfect start into the week, I thought. Would have rather stayed at home. But then, if you have to stay in a hotel on a business trip on Sunday, you could hardly find a better place than this one. Excellent, friendly service, very clean rooms, nice room. I think I was lucky and got upgrade to a lovely room on the 7th floor, with balcony, overlooking Nürnberg. And the clubs sandwich with chips that I enjoyed sitting on the balcony was just excellent. I would stay here again anytime.

Room Tip: 7th floor, room with balcony. Fantastic.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Bratislava, Slovakia
Reviewed May 17, 2011

nice modern hotel, but service never feel even 3star hotel, very rude behaving of a night receptionist, I refused to speak to him, and he didnt alove his coligue to speak to me, becouse he speaks to me, I got to speak to him...I never had this in my life anywhere on the world not even in a youth hostel....
nobody around to help u with luggage, not free internet, not free parking, not included breakfast, and if u add it up..u could stay in hotel oriental if there was one.....

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank matelko3
Berkshire, UK
Reviewed April 30, 2011

We arrived by train so could walk to the hotel. The location is outside the city walls but as we like to walk everywhere this didn't prove an issue for us, but may for some. The hotel has a modern look and feel but is nowhere near a 5 star or even really, to be honest, a 4 star. Our room was large and reasonably well equiped but very tired and in need of an overhaul. We had just arrived from The Westin in Frankfurt and for a similar price there is really no comparison - the Sheraton was a very poor relation.

The staff are, however, fabulous. We were caught up in the terrible snow conditions just before Christmas and everyone could not have been more helpful checking the forecast and train schedules for us.

We did not have breakfast so cannot comment on this.

Just be aware that this is not a true Sheraton, it is a franchise owned by a German hotelier so the standard is nowhere near what one could expect. The price is way too expensive for the facilities, at half the price I would have been satisfied but the lack of hotels in Nuremberg has encourged massive overpricing.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple