Hotel Avenue
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Garden Hotel(Nuremberg)
View Hotel
Adina Apartment Hotel Nuremberg(Nuremberg)
  • Pool
Hotel Central(Nuremberg)
Sorat Hotel Saxx(Nuremberg)
  • Bar/Lounge
City Hotel(Nuremberg)
View Hotel
All reviewsold citychristmas marketgreat locationshort walkroom was cleanan easy walkhotel is perfectnon smokinghotel staffgood sizehardnesswifireceptionkeyduvetstation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 28, 2012

The Avenue Hotel is right in the heart of Nürnberg, making shopping and touring of the old city just steps from the door. It's about a ten or fifteen minute walk from the train station. Rooms are not flashy-new, but well maintained and perfectly clean. It seems that things were redecorated about twenty years ago, but I really liked the family-owned homey touch. The staff is very friendly, appearing that they can help you with any questions of the area. The sky-lighted open breakfast room is quite comfortable including a complete full breakfast and excellent coffee. My only problem was the WiFi. Although I wasn't able to get connected in my room, there is plenty of common space in the lobby/bar/dining room/conference room where connections are easy--it moves very slowly though. I chose this hotel because although the prices seem steep to me, they were the most reasonable prices I could find in the city. Location was key. I deffinately can recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Ideal for a short visit to a fascinating city, because the Avenue is the most reasonably priced hotel within walking distance of all the sights. Rooms are spacious, fresh and clean, and staff are helpful. Nearby multi-storey parking additional but secure. Don't be put off by the approach down a long corridor - it's much nicer inside.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Hampshire_Gardener
Reviewed February 29, 2012

I stayed there while visiting BioFach 2012 (Trade Fair) and I'm very happy about it. I went alone and had a nice room, it was confortable, spacious and very quiet. The staff was friendly at all time, breakfast was good and it had a lot of choices to eat and cleanliness was mostly good. The metro station is really close (2-minute walk) and everything around is save. There's a Starbucks in front of the hotel and Central Station is two stations away.

Something I liked is that the first day I arrived to the hotel the room carpet was not vaccumed, but it was late and I wanted to sleep so I complained next day and They took care about it and they asked me if everything was ok. I felt really good!

Something I didn't like is that next to the hotel entrance there is an entrance for an underground night club. Even thouhg I never saw any drunk or weird people, it doesn't look good.

Room Tip: I like single room 401. Room and bathroom were spacious. It felt really quiet, no noise from outside!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 18, 2011

I stayed here with two business colleagues in December; we needed to find a hotel with a central location with three rooms during the Christmas Market period; this was one of the few with the rooms available at short notice. For the price, the rooms were good value; both wired and wireless internet was available for five Euros. My room faced onto the street at the back of the hotel and was quiet. The entrance to the hotel is uninspiring; a long corridor past the entrance to a basement night-club; however there was no noise. Judging from the decor (there was a Corby trouser press on the wall with a promotional leaflet advertising prices in Deutschmarks!) the hotel had been refurbished circa 1988 and the rooms, though clean, reflected this. There is a buffet breakfast from 06:30am which was ample, and the staff were friendly and helpful. A small bar area is off the side of the dining area; the staff were happy to open this up for us to have a few beers.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel; mine was quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Stayed here for on night with my son. Hotel was clean and great value for money. Breakfast was not so good but otherwise great stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family