“Ripped off by fraudulent billing!”

Leonardo Hotel Nurnberg
Ranked #64 of 126 Hotels in Nuremberg
Bath, United Kingdom
“Ripped off by fraudulent billing!”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We were billed for breakfasts we didn't eat (40 euros) and very overpriced WiFi (36 euros) we didn't use! There are no or inadequate checks in place by staff to guard against the all to easy fraudulent billing by other guests onto the wrong guests room number. Very disappointing and argumentative customer service at check out which left us feeling totally ripped off. I won't being recommending or staying here again!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Vilseck, Germany
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This 3* hotel definitely exceeded my expectations. I stayed only one night and to be honest, I was not expecting much as I usually stay at 4* hotels.
The reception area was not very nice looking and the staff....well lets just say they were not very professional. However, they were friendly.
The parking I must say was a bit of a hassle.

I booked the superior room which was large with a nice seating area, complimentary apples, bathrobe and slippers. The bed was smaller than what I am used to and definitely not for tall people. Luckily, I am short :) It was also very soft so I woke up with a back pain.
The pillows, though, very perfect.

The room is equipped with a new flat screen TV so I was able to connect my laptop to it as there are only 3 English channels and all news.

The bathroom and room itself were spotlessly clean. Only down side was there is no A/C so the summer nights must be real hot.

Internet, unfortunately, is not for free which I think would be a nice touch to this hotel.

I am very pleased by this hotel and will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KandPtraveling
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Close enough to the station to walk but on the wrong side of the wall, and the walk home at night is a bit dodgy. The rooms seem cheap enough but when you add breakfast (albeit a decent spread) and WiFi (severely overpriced) the cost effective nature of the stay is lost. Overall just average. Wouldn't stay here again, but then, we wouldn't return to Nuremberg anyway...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hannover, Germany
Reviewed July 4, 2013

12 euros to park overnight, 4.50 euros (PER HOUR!!) wifi access, 5.50 euros for a glass of wine. I'm not being tight - I'll pay anything if I think I'm getting value for money. However, I travel a lot and all hotels give free wifi. It doesn't cost them extra per guest. As for the wine - yes, I expect to pay that for a glass of wine in most hotels, but wine in Germany is exceptionally cheap to buy and the one in this hotel was house wine. Also, there were no pillows in the bedroom. Just a big square filled with little bits of foam and wrapped in an outsize cushion cover.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Nuremberg hotels

Pune
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for four nights. We booked this hotel because we couldn't get accommodation at a city center hotel we had stayed in May but we were not disappointed. The hotel is conveniently located quite close to a U-Bahn (metro) where you can get to the city centre in minutes . The hotel staff are quite helpful and the hotel is exceptionally clean. Our room was small and overlooked a street but this wasn't a main street. The hotel has two computers for the use of guests in the basement but wifi is quite expensive. We didn't opt for wifi and chose to use the computers in the basement to check emails. It is good and convenient hotel for a short stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank globalltouristy
Watford England
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I stayed with a group of friends. Reception staff were friendly and helpful. My room overlooked the rear car park and was reasonably OK, but those on the street side suffered from traffic noise. The room was quite small - it might have been OK for one but was not really spacious enough for a couple. There was insufficient storage space so we had to "live out of our suitcase" for the stay. There is no air-conditioning (and it was 38 degrees that week) But the bathroom was clean with a very good shower. Cable TV had plenty of choice, depending on your language. Breakfast was good, plentiful and varied. I didn't have any other meals there. Free Internet access, but I didn't use any other facilities. The tiny roof garden is rather unkempt and had views only of carparks and other buildings. The area is on the edge of the old town - and on the edge of the red-light district - but quite safe and I had nor problems walking around at night. I wouldn't want to stay too long, but it was fully acceptable for a few nights and very convenient for stations, the Opera, and the Old Town. .

Room Tip: Rooms on the street side are noisy throughout the night
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Pula , Croatia
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I stayed in this hotel 21.05 to 22.05. Just bed and breakfast.The hotel is apparently small but very clean and pleasent. The center of the city is 10 minutes away by walking. There is 2 parking neer of the hotel, one of them is with pay 8 ero per day.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business