“Only visit in cool weather 3.5 star hotel and no fan or air con in 35degrees centigrade heat!!!”
Review of Noris Hotel

Noris Hotel
Ranked #86 of 126 Hotels in Nuremberg
karachi
Reviewed September 7, 2013

The negatives were tht it was sooo hot when we arrivd. And while I was able to accept tht thr was no air condtioning it was simply unforgiveable tht we were expectd to endure such high temperatures without even a fan!! Even in the lobby (which has glass ceilings n works like a greenhouse magnifying the sunlite )had no fans or air con for waiting guests. The windows on the ground floor rooms would only open fully as a door (they couldn't be partially opened) as they were actually floor to ceiling doors and then all the bugs from the garden outside wld come in-flyin ants/grasshoppers etc
The first night I complaind to the nite duty girl at the front desk but she couldn't understand english properly and kept sayn no sorry. luckily the day girl the next day aftr even more complaining and begging frm me said she wld try to arrange something n thus the next night we got a fan.
The plus points were tht the quadruple room was actually 2 inter connecting rooms with 2 bathrooms so ideal for our family of four. Thy were clean n located by the tram stop tht went straight to the old town in around ten minutes.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank s k

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Zaragoza
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Good hotel, little far from old town if you want to go walking
Nice rooms and good breakfast. There´s a car park but you can avoid paying parking on the surroundings (free)
Only dissapointing the fact that there was no free wifi (they asked us 24€ for 2 days!!) It´s a pity, in a hotel of that level it is a "must have", even youth hostels offer it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

Pilsen, Czech Republic
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We selected this hotel because of its great location close to the airport (10 minutes drive), but good enough even for city trip probably. Despite some negatives remarks in reviews, I found this place quiet, we did hear any noise from the street. We ordered quadruple room and we´ve got 2 connected double-rooms = excellent ! Comfortable beds. Possibility of parking in the hotel´s underground garage - requires a little bit skilled driver, but feasible. Pleasant bar in the lobby, nice staff, good draft beer. I would recommend to everybody and expect to come back for sure.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Michal L
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I stayed at the hotel form the 28th November for 5 nights for work. My company paid over 300 euros for the 1st night, so I was expecting something good. The check-in was very easy. The lobby of the hotel was still being transformed in to a Christmas scene , with stuffed animals and a very large tree. I was given a room on the ground floor, towards the back of the hotel. The room was very large, very old and shabby with a very small single bed. I enquired about the single and was told that was what we had booked.

I did sleep very well the first night, the room was a good temperature and it was very quiet. I had patio doors overlooking xmas trees. It was nice.

On day 2, I returned to my room after work and found a second single bed had been put in, I was impressed my comments had been heard, but as it was two singles, it did not really make up for being a double. But the thought was there, so thumbs up !

On day 3 I was woken up by reception, telling me that I would need to move rooms as they had overbooked and I had to go to a single. The offer of a cake and 1 free breakfast did not make up for the inconvenience.

The new room was small, and at the front of the hotel. For the next two nights I did not sleep well as I was on the main road and the trams woke me early. I was very unimpressed that I was made to move rooms, and whilst the original room was old, it was quiet.

A taxi into the old town was about 10 Euros, the tram was very easy to use with the Castel being only 3 or 4 stops.

The bar was very good at the hotel, a nice place to relax. The fire added a nice touch with it being xmas.

Room Tip: Ask for a room towards the back of the hotel, and a refurbsihed one if you can.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Chineham-traveller

Travelers are raving about these Nuremberg hotels

Tralee, Kerry, Ireland
Reviewed July 11, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 9 nights. It was a little noisy with the windows open at night but very warm so the staff gave us a fan which made a massive difference. The room was bright, airy and roomy. The bed was most comfortable. The bathroom small but adequate. The hotel was very clean. The breakfast gave a good variety of choice. There was a sauna room and relaxation area in the basement of the building, clean and spacious. The staff both at reception and for breakfast were lovely and very friendly and helpful as we didn't speak German. About a 15/20 minute walk into the center but buses and trams ran frequently and a taxi cost approx 8 euro.
Nuremberg is a beautiful place with so many historic sights to see and charming architecture. We found the people we came in contact with so obliging and helpful. I would definately go back.

Room Tip: Ask for a quieter room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed May 20, 2012

If you're at any fair (Messe) in Nurnberg , you should realize this hotel is all the way north of the city, and the fair is down south. So always quite some travel time.
The rooms are simple but good enough, with all needs.
Wifi is 12.50 euro per 24 hrs.
Breakfast is pretty good, and the restaurant serves reasonable prized dinners.

Room Tip: don't take the road facing ones. its too busy and opposite of a gas station
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank rene_travels
Hengelo, The Netherlands
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Rooms were not spectacular, but reasonably clean. Had a hard time sleeping. Breakfast was alright.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends