“Very convenient business hotel”
Review of Hilton Nuremberg

Hilton Nuremberg
Ranked #35 of 126 Hotels in Nuremberg
GreenLeadersBronze level
Zurich, Switzerland
“Very convenient business hotel”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We stayed in the Nuremberg Hilton twice recently on business, and the good experiences made us choose this hotel also to run a business event. The staff is very friendly and acts highly professional. The people at the front desk do everything they can to please their guests. We had several very special requests, including arranging a city tour guide on a Sunday night or even buying books for our clients, but each time they solved our request as if it were the easiest thing to do. Big thank you to the front desk staff. Also the bar/restaurant staff does a good job. There is free parking in front of the hotel, and a good breakfast is also waiting in the morning. Some of the rooms do need a renovation, but after all these little inconveniences are more than outweighed by the service attitude of the staff.
The location is convenient for a business hotel, close to the exit of the highway, 5 minutes by taxi from the Nuremberg Messe and 15 minutes to lovely old Nuremberg city center.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Andrea K, Guest Relations at Hilton Nuremberg, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear Mr Marcel M,

thank you for having chosen the Hilton Nuremberg for your stay and your business event. We are glad to hear that you liked the service of our team and hope to see you soon again here in Nuremberg.

Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Giessen, Germany
Reviewed June 19, 2014

I stayed for one night in August 2013, for business. I used the hotel as an overnight stop driving between Frankfurt and Innsbruck. The hotel is not near the downtown or any of the major sites, but I did not need this on my trip, and it did not bother me. The hotel had abundant outside free parking, which was a bonus, and unusual for Hilton Hotels! The room was big, but had an unusual structure, it was "long and thing"! Again, as I was simply overnighting, this did not bother me, and the room was clean and comfortable. I was entirely happy with my stay. The bars taff were very kind.. I went hunting for milk in the middle of the night, and got a glass for free! Overall, a very positive experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Andrea K, Guest Relations at Hilton Nuremberg, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Dear RoryMorty,

thank you for having stayed with us at the Hilton Nuremberg. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our location matched your needs. Of course our staff always does anything in their power to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
We hope to welcome you back sometime in future.

Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Hilton Nuremberg is typical business hotel but it need renovation immediately ... The rooms are good, breakfast was average but the staff was very friendly and helpful.
The location is far from the city center and from Nuremberg messe as well, but you can take cab or public transportation,

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Andrea K, Guest Relations at Hilton Nuremberg, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Aurora_Boreallis,

thank you for your stay with us at the Hilton Nuremberg. It is right that we are located a little bit outside of the town, but we have good connection to the city centre with public transportation like bus and train. With the taxi you are within 5 minutes at the Nuremberg messe. And a positive sideeffect of our location is to be near nature (forest directly in front of the hotel). But we are glad that you were satisfied with our staff.
We hope to welcome you soon again.

Yardley, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Although Nuremberg wasn't in East Germany, this hotel certainly looks like it was. Reminds me of Moscow hotels I visited in the 1990's with dated, uncomfortable beds and furniture. The bathrooms have been updated (well, sort of - there are still cracked tiles to add to the ambience). The staff, however, were pleasant and helpful. The location wasn't convenient to anything, other than the Football Club Nuremberg, which is right next door. We stayed here with HHilton points - I don't think I would want to spend money staying here.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guests,

thank you for staying with us at the Hilton Nuremberg.
We are sorry to hear that our hotel with its ancient charm did not match your expectations.
The location is a little bit outside of town, with nature around, but therefore we have good connections to the city centre by public transport and you could be fast on the motorway.
The more we appreciate that you were satisfied with our staff.
Nevertheless we hope to welcome you soon again.

Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed May 25, 2014

We checked into the Hilton Nuremberg for a weekend during our recent stay. Having taking a cab from the airport, we noticed that it took a rather long time (comparatively speaking) to get to the hotel. Indeed, the Hilton Nuremberg is not close to the city center. However, the hotel is connected with public transportation, such as a bus, so if you don't kind being on that schedule, you will not have a problem, You can purchase a ticket from the front desk for around 6 euro (a cab will run you close to 20 euro, or 13 if you go just to the main train station.)

The checking in process went smoothly. I had a very friendly young man checking me in, who printed out materials of what to see in the city, and gave me a map, orienting me to it. I noticed that I was close to the Nazi rallying grounds (walking distance), which was high on my sightseeing list. I am still waiting for the benefit of being a diamond member (apart from bonus points and bottles of water), and was hoping I would receive a king bed upon check in. Alas, of course it was unavailable, so I was stuck with two twins, although the housekeeping offered to put the two twins together, which I declined. Soon after, the housekeeping brought in a green apple and a small jar of what I presume to be candy (haven't opened it). Looking out the window, I instantly drew the curtains, as the view was depressing.

The room had typical comforts, and reminded me highly of the Hilton Garden Inn I stayed at in Milan. Two beds, one pillow each, a desk with a flat screen TV, tiny sitting table with two tiny chairs, a mini bar (ominously locked), and a smaller bathroom with high end toiletries. The room was clean and presentable. As a diamond, I received free internet and free breakfast (mind you, if you're not a HHonors member, you'll have to pay for these, and they can be quite pricey, as my colleague discovered). Staff were accommodating and friendly. Beds, however, were not the most comfortable beds I've experienced and could be replaced.

As mentioned, the Nazi rallying grounds are just south of the hotel, so it's an easy stroll to the area and museum. If you want to explore further and see the Palace of Justice, you'll have to either take a cab, or a combination of public transport options. It's worth it. If you're in town to explore the old town, you may have to consider another property closer to old town.

We had some drinks at the hotel bar the first evening, and received an impeccable service, along with a steep price. I recommend that you go out for drinks to save on money. Just a block or so away there is a remnant of Nazi rallies which has been converted into a Burger King. Now, I don't eat at Burger Kings, but that space utilization really cracked me up.

All in all, the Hilton Nuremberg is a good hotel - maybe a bit overpriced considering the location and what is offered to those without a status. If I were to go back to Nuremberg for sightseeing, I'd stay closer to the center, but if I were to go on business, I'd stay here. Thanks for reading!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank TravelinSonja
Andrea K, Guest Relations at Hilton Nuremberg, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for having stayed with us at the Hilton Nuremberg and also a big thanks for the detailed review. We are sorry that we were unable to give you an upgraded room as you are an HHonors Member. But we are glad that you enjoyed the friendliness of our staff and the cleanliness of the room and the hotel.
We hope to welcome you soon again.

Ottawa
Reviewed April 23, 2014

You can find the usual convenience of a Hilton but the location of the hotel is quite far from the center which is unfortunate. You need a car to get to the town center.

You can get a decent rate if you prepay and you may be able to get the breakfast included, which might be essential as there is nothing around the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Andrea K, Guest Relations at Hilton Nuremberg, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

thank you for having stayed with us.
To get to the city centre within 15 minutes there is also the opportunity to take the bus or train if you do not have a car. Even if we are located a little outside of town there are a few restaurants in walking distance. Of course the breakfast in the hotel would be the best option in the morning.
We hope to welcome you soon again at the Hilton Nuremberg.

Pune, India
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I stayed at the Hilton Nuremberg as part of a tour. I found the hotel to be well located with a pleasant ambience and welcoming staff. The room that I stayed in was well illuminated, clean and well equipped with a electric kettle, cloth press iron and safety vault. That bathroom looked a little "old", it was clean nevertheless. The sleep quality was excellent. The breakfast spread was quite good with a wide array of cheeses, meats, pastries and breads with bircher museli is addition to the regular cornfakes and wheat bran. The staff was extremely courteous and helpful. Overall, I had a good experience at the Hilton Nuremberg and would consider staying here again if I return to the city.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

thank you for sharing your oppinion. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Hilton Nuremberg and that you were satisfied with the staff, room and breakfast.
We can not wait to welcome you soon again.