“Great food and staff”
Review of Wittmanns bio - CLOSED

Wittmanns bio
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Certified organic restaurant. Seasonal local cuisine. Fish, beef, vegetarian & vegan dishes.
Reviewed October 4, 2013

On business last week and went to wittmanns. The food was excellent, I had carp- not a fish I would usually eat but it was delicious. The owner peter (I think) is very hands on and clearly passionate about his work. The service was second to none and we got to meet Thomas the chef who is equally as passionate about his menus. On business or pleasure, wittmanns bio is ideal for a relaxing meal with plenty of options for veggies and meat eaters alike. Would definitely go back

1  Thank Paul S

Reviewed September 12, 2013

We had an excellent time here. The owner / our waiter was super attentive and nice, and knows English pretty well but I still tried to communicate in German, and I appreciate his humoring me. The food is excellent, you might expect yourself to go hungry in a place like this but you won't. The mini appetizers are a great start to the meal, and the food is excellently prepared. It is fresh and filling. His beer selecting and suggestions are perfect and the atmosphere of the restaurant is very relaxed. He was also nice enough to give us directions after our meal and give us an umbrella to use.

2  Thank Va2Broadway
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We visited this restaurant 4.7.2013 at lunchtime. This was most refreshing experience among restaurant we have visited. The waitress was most kind and helpful and guided us with the menu. Menu is quite small, but don´t worry: it is worth it! Dark bread is very good and my lam with bulguri and youghurt/goatcheese dressing was very tasty and my partner just loved his veggielasagne. Tastes in both courses were pure, fresh and delicious. We liked the philosphy to let the ingredients speak for themselves.
Decor is simple with good "vibes". A small detail: backround music is played from vinyldisces.
We higly recomend this restaurant!

2  Thank JaJuVantaa
Reviewed July 14, 2013

till you get what you ordered the chef sends samples of lovely small salads and the dark bread is excellent. we had yummy fennel soup and excellent black lentil with kohlrabi. tastefully placed on the plate and reasonably priced.

2  Thank metayelet11
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Before our weekend trip to Nuremberg, I searched online for a nice restaurant which would suit both myself (veggie) and my partner (non-veggie). Wittmann's appeared to fit the bill - great reviews on Tripadvisor and some interesting looking items on the menu...

Mr. Wittmann talked us through the menu, translating it for us where necessary which was very helpful (his English is far better than our German!). The menu appears to change very regularly, with vegetarian/vegan options always available.

Wittmann's is an organic restaurant, with everything made fresh on the premises. This results in longer than average serving times, but the food is well worth the wait!

We only had time for two courses due to a prior engagement, but next time we are in Nuremberg we are definitely going back to try the desserts!

Reasonably priced, wonderful service and fantastic food.

3  Thank darossi