“Thank you Mr. Wittmann!”
Review of Wittmanns bio - CLOSED

Wittmanns bio
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Certified organic restaurant. Seasonal local cuisine. Fish, beef, vegetarian & vegan dishes.
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Before our weekend trip to Nuremberg, I searched online for a nice restaurant which would suit both myself (veggie) and my partner (non-veggie). Wittmann's appeared to fit the bill - great reviews on Tripadvisor and some interesting looking items on the menu...

Mr. Wittmann talked us through the menu, translating it for us where necessary which was very helpful (his English is far better than our German!). The menu appears to change very regularly, with vegetarian/vegan options always available.

Wittmann's is an organic restaurant, with everything made fresh on the premises. This results in longer than average serving times, but the food is well worth the wait!

We only had time for two courses due to a prior engagement, but next time we are in Nuremberg we are definitely going back to try the desserts!

Reasonably priced, wonderful service and fantastic food.

3  Thank darossi
There are newer reviews for Wittmanns bio

Reviewed May 16, 2013

The gentleman who assisted me was very friendly.Though I was eating alone, I had a nice table by the window. The starter was good, but not great; it lacked seasoning, but the ingredients were fresh. I had to wait a while for the second course, as there was a large table of feasters ahead of me. When I complained, the staff was very concerned, and explained that everything made from scratch. Still, it had been over an hour-just don't go when you're hungry and tired. The main course itself was very tasty. The pasta was prepared with a soy cream sauce and nettle leaves, which brought a light lemony tart flavor. to the palate. The pasta itself was made from spelt, so would be suitable for those who feel bloated from wheat. It tasted better than regular pasta too. Probably made on the premises.
The restaurant is not in the pedestrian quarter, but easy enough to reach by U-Bahn.
If you don't speak much German, you should have no problem here. The owner's English is quite good.

3  Thank GEM1962
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We ate here twice. First, for lunch. We liked it so much we made a dinner reservation for our Anniversary. The lunch is an absolute steal -- the menu is pretty limited, but the price for the quality is fantastic. The dinner menu was a bit more extensive and more expensive, but still worth seeking out. The ambiance is not particularly fancy -- the emphasis is on the food. The kitchen is upstairs and the food comes down on a little elevator. The owner is the server (at least both times we went) and he seems to be having fun serving high-quality food to people.

2  Thank Unwilted
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Our dinner for 11 was brilliant, from the moment we walked in to our departure.
This is not an ordinary restaurant, on neither the service nor the food. The owner and his team
were fantastic, having perfected the balance between professional and friendly, never overstepping their welcome at the table, but so lovely and engaging they were welcomed and appreciated by everyone at the table.
I am a wee bit of a challenging one to feed, no meat, only fish, none of this, more of that...
and they took it in perfect stride, creating me masterpiece after masterpiece. The rest of the table were equally pleased.
They matched the wine to our liking, ensuring we were enjoying the region's best.
The classic turn table with the best of all times music was the cherry on top.
We will most certainly return and strongly recommend this diamond to everyone.
Loved it.

1  Thank JoyfulTravellerCPH
Reviewed November 30, 2012

wittmanns only uses organic based incrediences to cook very modern, creative and tasty meals on a very high technical and workmanship standard. Take your time to try out new mixtures and creations.

1  Thank zeckenschreck