“Better than it looks”

Novotel Nuremberg Messezentrum
Ranked #24 of 126 Hotels in Nuremberg
Reviewed September 4, 2013

At first sight I was quite honestly shocked by the hotel - right next to a 4-lane road, it looked like a run-down apartment block from the ex-Soviet Union. However the interior turned it to be quite the oppsite: very nice decor, all modern and tasteful. Staff was very attentive and helpful, they could accomodate our wishes for the rooms (we booked two, but under two different names and they moved us next to each other...).
The outdoor pool was fantastic, everyone seemed to enjoy it and because it's right next to the terrace, parents were able to relax a bit while their children were swimming.
Food was very good, but portions were surprisingly small (well, compared to a normal German restaurant...).
The room was nicely decorated, not too small, with Internet connection, absolutely spotless in terms of cleaning. The bed was also good, we had a very good sleep.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the garden and the pool - much better than the rooms facing the other bui...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
NovoNuernberg, Manager at Novotel Nuremberg Messezentrum, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear ulukai,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Nürnberg am Messezentrum. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Booking online has several advantages: benefit from the Novotel best-price guarantee, collect Le Club Accorhotels points and save money with our special offers and promotions. Try it now. And whenever you like. At novotel.com.

Falk Bartels

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Not in the city centre but the Old Town can be easily reached by subway (8-minute walk from the hotel). The breakfast was solid and the staff at reception was friendly. The room was relatively big, clean, quiet and the bed was good.
Only the internet connection was terrible...

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Pawel,

Falk Bartels

Reviewed August 14, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I have been to the Novotel in Nürnberg several times. Especially after the renovation, I like the quality. The only thing that bothered me was that I didn't get the feeling of being a valued and appreciated guest by the personnel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Rikbreur
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I am a very regular customer of Accor ( Gold Card) and especially Novotel and Mercure.
I come quite often in this one and from the beginning I had a bad feeling with a young reception waiter not proposing the free internet with my status, not offering anything like a drink " when other hotels do". Then I went to the restaurant outside - I choosed a table as I was invited to do so - ordered a beer wich came quite fast and ordered the dinner - but the table was not prepared, the dinner arrive I did not have the cutlery and also not the "amuse bouche" which I had the other times. Then I asked to put on my room nr, creating some discussion since the reception did not ask for my credit card (I'm here for 4 nights !) - well this was solved ;
Then going back to my room I asked at the reception if I coulf have the ironing set, and he waiter brought me something in kit ... as she could not put it in one piece she finaly said she will bring it to my room > which should have been done from the beginning > we are in a 4 stars hotel and this is what always happens in other hotels ...
Well I hope the rest of my stay will be nicer ... o

Room Tip: Ask to be on upper floors not to close to the lift
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 31, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Udo J
NovoNuernberg, Manager at Novotel Nuremberg Messezentrum, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Spend one night passing through on our way to Italy. The two rooms were fine, but we wondered why they put a balcony in each room and no door (only a window) so we couldn't get out on the balcony? The night we were there they had a buffet as only option in the restaurant. It was decent but nothing special to the price of £20. Only option to wireless network was to buy 24 hours access for £9 (we were there for less than 12 hours) - wireless should be free of priced reasonable.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family