Travelocity
eDreams
StayForLong
Hotels.com
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I think I found this off TripAdvisor . . . I just needed a stop on a long drive from SK to LUX. It's in an odd sort of residential area (QUIET!).

SPOTLESSLY clean. I don't tend to stay in lousy places, but this place just sparkles. So clean. Rooms were spacious (I had a single and my teenage daughters had a double). Plenty of towels, great water pressure, comfy beds. Everyone was friendly.

The kids thought the WIFI was too slow . . . I've had faster, but for my purposes it was fine.

Breakfast was very nice (we even got Easter chocolates because we were there Easter Sunday). The kids said the breakfast room felt like a spa because it was so soothing.

There is free parking, and when we arrived I got a spot in the parking lot, but after dinner we had to park on the street in front of the hotel (again, free, and not at all unsafe).

I asked about ATMs/bank machines and the young woman at the front desk didn't know the area well, but we easily found many on the big/main street nearby. She also had a list/map of restaurants within walking distance that specified when they were open (very helpful). We ate at a Mexican place nearby (which was nice).

I would definitely recommend this hotel and if I were in the area again I would stay there . . . easy access to the highway.

Date of stay: April 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank TheExpatresse
Reviewed April 8, 2014

We have stayed in Hotel Klughardt for one night during our trip to Köln.
Location - quiet area, close to the town of Nürnberg (2 min by car or max 10 min by hotels bycicles those guests can use for free).
Room - very-very clean, comfortable bed, spacious bathroom with big window, very light and sound protected.
Breakfast - delicious (omletes, eggs, cheese, ham, salmon, toasts, different kind of bread, cornflakes, jams/honey, fruits, yogurts, water, juice, tea, coffee).
Pluses - good and quite location, frendly and helpful staff/family (it's family hotel), free parking place, free rent of bycicles, free coffee/tea facility an fruits in the room.
Posible minus during hot weather when opened window do not help - no air-condition.
This is the one of hotels where you feel like at home and would like to come back.

Room tip: There is no elevator in the hotel - rooms on the lowest floors are better if you don't like sport activities :-). We prefer room on the highest floor.
Date of stay: April 2014
3  Thank Marina M
Reviewed December 20, 2013

If you don't mind being out of town a bit, Hotel Klughardt is perfect. It's a rousing 30 minute walk in - good for working up an appetite or walking off the meal - or 2 minutes to a 10 minute tram stop. The hotel itself is mainly aimed at business travellers, but has been going for over 40 years, so must have got it right. We weren't on business, but felt very welcome, and the room was comfortable & spotlessly clean. Breakfast, which is included in the price - a real plus - was really excellent - plenty of choice & kept full all the time. As it's in a quiet road, it was a very peaceful place to get one's head down.
The only downside is a lack of a lift, so lugging a heavy case up to the top floor was a bit of a bind.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

We had a long weekend in Nuremberg and stayed here. It was a small and friendly hotel. It takes 5/10 minutes on the number 8 tram from the station to the Tauroggenstrasse stop.
The breakfast was plentiful and loads of variety.
The room was large, clean and warm.
Loved it.

Room tip: No problems as it is in a quiet location.
Reviewed December 16, 2013

This wonderful little hotel is a perfect place to stay in Nuremberg. It is far enough away from the bustle of town to offer a quiet refuge, yet only a few tram stops from town. The staff there were all kind and helpful, offering suggestions on restaurants and info on the transit system. They even have gone out of their way to return a personal item we left at the hotel when we departed. The room was spacious and clean, well stocked with amenities (they actually had a kettle w/tea and coffee in the room). Breakfast was great, offering a variety of meats, cheeses, eggs, cereal, and bread. It was a perfect place for my husband and I to stay and we would stay here again should we return to Nuremberg. I highly recommend Hotel Klughardt.