“Smack next to old town, clean room and great staff”

Ibis Nuernberg City am Plaerrer
Ranked #23 of 126 Hotels in Nuremberg
Singapore
“Smack next to old town, clean room and great staff”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

1.Receptionists on both nights of our stay were so helpful and had a great sense of humour.
2. Rooms were always clean.
3. So convenient to old town and shopping
4. Secure, private paid parking
5. Only downside...streets were dirty outside the hotel, not sure if it was because of new year hence no street cleaners - lots of paper and used food styrofoam containers, firecrackers left over from the new year celebrations presumably, were still there after two days.

Room Tip: Higher floor room reduce nose from revellers on the street
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WLL

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Everywhere in the room was so dirty with dust. There were someone's hair on bed and all the shelf are dusty.
I Only stayed for 4 hours in room, i got skin allergie from dust so I had to ask for reception to change my room, but the next room was also dusty as well.

I decided to check out hotel to give my money back but the reception said I couldnt get my money back since I paid through online booking site.
So I asked him to change my room AGAIN since my allergie got worse at that time.
When he came into my room, he yelled at me to show the dust and told me there were no room left and the dust are came from AC.
And started telling me that there is no clean lady at night and he can't do cleaning.
There were no SORRY word and his attitude was so rude to the customer.

I don't expect too much but if they have any problem, the hotel should try to resolve problem instead of making excuse.

There was even a card said " IBIs guarantee you a smooth stay. If there is any problem, whatever it maybe, we will take cre of it immediately within 15 minutes"

After all, I didn't get any guarantee from this hotel and I recommend not to stay here.

• Stayed December 2012
Reims, France
Reviewed December 27, 2012

using reasonable budget to stay in comfortable room with friend in Christmas is good experience and gift to us. Staffs in reception, cleanness, and restaurant in IBIS are polite and friendly to everyone. If you want to choose a clean but limit budget room, I will recommend IBIS Nuernberg to you. Although it's a little bit far from center station, you can take U or S Bahn to there.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed December 23, 2012

very nice bed - just across the street from the old town. very affordable. as one poster said very good coffee but the breakfast was 10 EUR - IMO a bit pricey. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the rooms clean

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank praguepivo
Rijen
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Price during the exhibition was extreme high.
Parking under the hotel was easy.
The service of the Reception was 100% kind and helpfull.
All the rest was according the good quality of the Accor hotels.
The old town is near the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I was attending the Chillventa exhibition at the Nuremberg Messe in October 2012. I stayed here for the best part of a week from Monday to Thursday. I like this hotel, it was my second stay here and just like before it provided all my needs.

Access is very good. A direct train went straight from the airport to Plaerrer station on the underground (15 minutes) which comes out only 150 metres from the hotel (if you can find the correct exit). Then it's the same underground station to / from the exhibition centre (Messe) which is also about 15 minutes journey. No hassle.

You are just outside the old city wall so you can walk straight into the old town (Altestadt) which is mostly pedestrianised with a good selection of bars and restaurants, all within walking distance. However, beware the fantastic choice of shops, you could spend a fortune, I've never seen so many shops in such a small area, and all quality shops at that !!

Although the hotel rooms are a little on the basic basic side (it's an Ibis already), they are spotlessly clean, and you have all you need for a perfectly comfortable stay. I was on the fourth floor and my room was nice and quiet. There is a bar and a small restaurant downstairs, so if you don't want to go out, no problem, you can eat in as I did on the first night and have a quiet drink before turning in for the night. The foods not bad either

Breakfast is the usual continental affair but fine to fuel up on.

Nuremberg is a lovely place for a city break as well as a business trip so I plan to take my wife there soon, and I'd be just as happy to stay at this hotel for that trip as well. The only slight downside is the flight connection. The only direct flight to Nuremberg as far as I am aware is Air Berlin from Gatwick.

The staff are very pleasant and helpful too, so if you are looking for a mid range hotel that is clean, comfortable, conveniently located and reasonably priced then I'd have no problem recommending it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business