“Victoria, what else !”
Review of Hotel Victoria

Hotel Victoria
Ranked #5 of 126 Hotels in Nuremberg
Reviewed October 26, 2012

The location is great, close to the main railway station, at one end of the main street with lots of shops, bars, restaurants, ... It is an easy walk to the main sites of the old city: market, churches, old buildings, castle.
Parking is available in a nearby building (+/- 100 meters) at a cost of 11 euros per day.
Staff was smiling, very friendly and helpful in providing advices to make the most of our overnight stay.
Our room was on the far end of corridors decorated with good taste. It was not too large, facing the Neues Museum square. It was quiet and comfortable. Bathroom was a bit small but well designed.
Free WiFi available in the lobby. We did not try it in our room as we were told that being in a far corner it would not work properly.
Delicious and plentiful breakfast: eggs, sausages, cheese, fruits, cakes, and so on, all of good quality.
The staff's warmness combined with the hotel location are unbeatable.

1  Thank Chagoule
Vic1896, Manager's Assistance at Hotel Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Dear Chagoule,
Thank you so much for your loveley words! It is fantastic to hear that you liked your stay. We have a great team and everybody takes care about each guest who stays with us. Our guests should feel like at home and it makes us happy that we could creat such an atmosphere.
Once you are back in Nuremberg it would be a pleasure for us to welcome you back!
Have a great time.
Kind regards, Anja Tiefel - Manager's Assistance

Reviewed October 21, 2012

OUr room has a bay window that has a fantastic view of the old City Wall. Hotel Victoria's location is most suitable for traveller by train; just right outside the train station.
Hotel staff very helpful to code with all our needs.
The last day we're in Nuremberg, my wife left her charm bracelet in the change room of a fashion shop. By the time that we found out, it's already passed opening time and we have to leave town on an early train.
The hotel staff contacted the shop on our behalf, sent a valet to pick it up and courier back to our home in Toronto Canada.
Wow, this kind of service is just outstanding; and we doulbt any 5-star hotel chain can do much better.
Hope we could drop by again in the near future. Thanks very much again.
You have made my wife a very happy person indeed!

Lawrence & Vienna Tse
Toronto Canada

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LAWRENCE T
Vic1896, Manager's Assistant at Hotel Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Dear LAWRENCE T,
Thank you for your stay at the Victoria and for the time you invetigated to write this kind words!
It was a pleasure for us to help you in that situation! We take care about every guest and want to be there for each individual person. It makes us happy to get such a feedback! Thank you so much! Once you return to Nuremberg we will be happy to welcome you back!
Best regards and a great time,
Anja Tiefel - Manager's Assistant

Reviewed October 8, 2012

This hotel was very clean, had a great shower, and the hotel staff was friendly. The location was AMAZING! The breakfast was also good. We just loved Nurnberg, and this hotel was within walking distance of the market, the main street, and the great restaurants. It was super close to the train station too. We turned in early and watched a movie on our iPad, played games, drank out of the mini bar (which was really well stocked), and it was so comfortable. There was a band in the courtyard outside, but they stopped playing by 10:00. I would highly recommend!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Erica C
Vic1896, Manager's Assistant at Hotel Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Dear Erica C,
Thank you for your stay with us and for the kind words and the recommendation.
We really enjoy to hear such compliments and we are happy that you had a great stay at the Hotel Victoria. Specially our breakfast team has always new ideas to offer each day a good variety in healthy food and they are always doing their best to bring our guest a lovely start into the day. Once you return back to Nuremberg we would be happy to welcome you back!
Kind regards, Anja Tiefel - Manager's Assistant

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Hotel is close to the main station. It make me to travel easily with heavy luggage. Hotel room is comfortable and has good view to main station and tower. Breakfast is good and staff is nice and willing to help us for all question/ request.

1  Thank yihsiang86
Vic1896, Manager's Assistance at Hotel Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Dear Yihsiang86,
Thank you for your stay in the Hotel Victoria. It was a pleasure for us to accommodate you.
We do always our best to offer a great service. Our breakfast team has so often new ideas to make the buffett even more special and the reception members do their best to describe everything about Nuremberg. If you want to return back to Nuremberg and to us we look forward to welcome you back! Kind regards, Anja Tiefel - Manager's Assistance

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I was touring through Germany on my way to a conference in Italy. I picked Nuremberg as one of my overnite stops, mostly because I wanted to see the courtroom where the War Crimes Trial was held and the Nazi Parade Grounds.

I couldn't have picked a better place to overnight. When I got off the train, I asked the info desk at the station the directions to the Hotel Victoria. The girl said to go out the door and across the street. There it was. Too convenient.

The hotel is very nice. The room was a fair size for a single, as European hotel rooms go. It was clean and the bed was comfortable. And I had one of those large square pillows. Since I was there one night, it was OK.

There is free wifi in the lobby that has great speed, as free wifis go.

Jenny and Bianca at the desk were very helpful. They helped me get to my local sites easily. They were extra nice.

The breakfast was traditional European. Lots of food. Very good.

The only downside: the room had one of those tiny showers. You know, the one where you can't bend over to wash your feet. But that's European showers for ya.

Overall, an excellent pick for my stop.

Room Tip: My room was in the front of the hotel. There happened to be a football game that night. I think so...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Vic1896, Manager's Assistant at Hotel Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Dear GeepaUSA ,
It is very nice to get such a kind feedback. Thank you for the time you have taken for all the details. If you want to visit us in the future we offer different pillows mabe you want to choose another one. Also we have different room categories. For example all our Relax Rooms have a bath in the bathroom and the Comfort Rooms offer more space. So we want to offer for each guest with his own wishes a service which is as individual as possible. We look forward to welcome you again in the case you want to come back to Nuremberg.
Best regards, Anja Tiefel - Managers's Assistant

Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

I can recommend this hotel to any visitor to the city, may it be for work or vacation. Nice location, nice rooms , friendly staff, nice breakfast. Only downside maybe if you travel by car regarding the parking space. It's ca 200m away from hotel and costs extra 11€ per day. Room rates are very different depending on the travel dates and if there is a fair goin on.

• Stayed: September 2012

Dear Mangkut1970,

Thank you for visiting us and for the time you spent to write this postive feedback.
It is nice to hear that you like the hotel and enjoyed your stay with us. It is true it is not easy to offer a car park in the middle of the Center of Nuremberg. However we are happy that we have the possibility to offer a carpark in a walking distance from about 100 meters.
We do our best to offer an idividual service and take care about everyone who stays with us.
Once you return to Nuremberg we look forward to welcome you back!
Kind regards,
Anja Tiefel - Managers's Assistant

Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed at the Hotel Victoria on 9/5/12 and really felt the hotel was 1st class. Here are our Pro's and Con's:

--- PRO's ---

1.) Location - Nuremberg really is a beautiful city. We did a 8 day tour of Germany, and stayed in Nuremberg for a night. We regretted staying only one night because we felt Nuremberg was one of the highlights of our trip (in addition to Heidelberg which we absolutely loved). Hotel Victoria is located just inside the 'old city' walls and is in walking distance to just about everything - several cathedrals, tons of shopping, the castle, etc. We really felt it was the perfect 'home base' for exploring Nuremberg.

2.) Staff - The staff were so incredibly nice. My girlfriend was a bit under the weather during our stay and they put together tea for us and coordinated with the restaurant next door for some soup as well. They were very attentive, kind and accomodating.

3.) The Hotel/Rooms - The hotel is in the middle of being refurbished and they have really done a tremendous job. We were on a floor that was in the middle of being renovated, and admitedly we weren't too keen on that considering they were remodeling the room right next to us. However, the rooms were sound proofed so well that once you closed the door you really couldn't hear a thing they were doing. I was rather impressed with that. And even with the renovations, I didn't feel it detracted from Hotel at all. They've done a very nice job in redesigning the interior of the hotel.

4.) Breakfast - The breakfast was excellent. Both hot and cold food - eggs, sausage, bacon, pastries, croissants, fresh fruit, yogurts, cereal, you name it. The lounge where breakfast was held was obviously newly redesigned and had fresh flowers on every table. They really seemed to take pride in the hotel which was something I truly appreciated.

5.) Parking - the parking garage was very close to the hotel and made me feel comfortable in how safe and secure it appeared to be.

--- CON's ---

1.) Water Pressure - if I recall correctly, I believe the water pressure was just ok. That's about the only knock I can give to this hotel.

2.) The only other comment I would have is more of a suggestion to the hotel itself. What makes a hotel stand out positively in a customers mind in most cases are the personal touches. If I had any suggestion for the hotel other than the water pressure it would be to provide something of substance in each hotel room for the guests. Yes, there is usually a chocolate or small candy of some sort, but every hotel does that. What about a small bottle of wine 'compliments' of Hotel Victoria?

Personally speaking, I know I can buy a bottle of descent wine for $7 or 8 US dollars. If its a SMALLER bottle, I can probably get it for $3. Why not include this with each room and build it into the price of the reservation? You add a personal touch that most other hotels don't add, and it only adds $2 or 3 cost to the hotel room itself. Your prices are fair to begin with, so just a thought to set you apart from the rest. I know there is a bottle available to purchase, but every hotel offers the purchase option. I like to walk away from a hotel always thinking 'wow, they really went above and beyond'. That, at least to me, is the kind of thing that makes people promote you to others above and beyond your competition.

Ok, hopping off my soap box now. Loved your hotel. Loved Nuremberg and wish we stayed longer. If/when I ever go back to visit Nuremberg, the Hotel Victoria would be at the top of my list and I would be more than happy to stay there again.

1  Thank mjakes28
Vic1896, Manager's Assistant at Hotel Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Dear mjakes28,

Thank you for your comment on Tripadvisor and for the time you have investigated.
It makes us happy to hear such kind words from one of our highly valued guests.
All the details you wrote are very helpfull and we will discuss your idea about the bottle of wine
with our team. We look forward to welcome you again once you return back to Nuremberg.
With best regards from our Victoria Team, Anja Tiefel - Manager's Assistant