Hotel Prinzregent
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewswalk in showerbreakfast was excellentstayed hereold townminute walktea and coffee making facilitiesour room was spacioushotel is situatedenjoyed our staycity centrequiet locationtrain stationexcellent hotelmain stationgood sizechristmas marketfree wifi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 9, 2013

My travel partner and I stayed here in early December in order to check out the Christmas markets. The hotel is well located, about a 10-15 minute easy walk to the Hauptmarkt, and the front desk was very helpful in pointing out locations on a map. Our room (#31) was really big, with two large twin beds side by side plus room for an extra table and seating chairs without anything feeling cramped at all. The room even had a little foyer with an extra door between it and the bathroom and main bedroom, which made for better privacy.
I wasn't disturbed by any noise, but my partner was awakened on Friday night by the noises of someone using the restroom in another room, so perhaps it isn't the quietest place.
The wifi was free and made readily available on request and had decent speeds (though I wasn't using it for anything more heavy duty than checking email).
The service at breakfast was very efficient and quick. However, on Sunday morning, we came down at 9:15 am to find that there was no seating for 2 people. We went back upstairs and came down about 30 minutes later and we got the last two seats at that time. By 10:15 am, there were more seats available (but breakfast ends at 10:30 on weekends). I do think this should be avoidable, as they know how many people are checked in to hotel and they know that checkout is at 11 am, so it shouldn't be too hard to figure out how many seats would be needed for breakfast.
The offerings for breakfast were superb, lots of proteins (eggs, bacon, sausages, cheeses, yogurts), muesli and pastries, plus very decent hot coffee and a variety of teas and juices on offer.
The hotel decor, carpet, etc. out of date though everything is very clean. If you don't mind something slightly shabby but clean, this will be ok for you.
The neighborhood seemed safe, clean and very quiet and there was plenty of parking on the street.

Room Tip: #31 is very big and located on the street/canal side (though street noise was minimal). It is near the elevator, but with the extra door in the room's foyer, hall noise wasn't a problem.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank strawberryfrog
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend & I arrived for a 2 night stay at around 2-3pm (well before most people booked in for the night - while plenty of rooms were available) after having our room booked months in advance. On arrival we were given room 8 which was a tiny room on the ground floor next to the restaurant bathrooms and overlooking the car park. The carpet & furnishings in this room approached the standard I have seen in backpacker accommodation in the past and the bathroom was literally that small it was difficult to walk inside and close the door behind you. Shocked & disappointed by what we saw we quickly left hoping the city of Nuremburg had more to offer. Around 6pm we returned and were met with the stench of cigarette smoke in the hallway directly outside & inside our room. I immediately went to reception to complain and request a room change but was told no other rooms were available. To the receptionists credit she did spray some air freshener in the hallway and knock on a few doors to try and find out where the cigarette smell had come from but this was of little comfort to us. We also found out later that night that the heater in our room did not work...great news when it was about 8 degrees. The following morning at 7:30am we awakened to hammering and drilling from above us in the building. I again complained at reception and was this time told a I could move rooms but would be charged €95 as it would be an upgrade. I obviously refused and was ready to blow up by this point and was told "well sorry I don't speak English, you'll have to waiting for my supervisor to get here in 2 hours". By the time the supervisor arrived she informed us we could move to room 21 which was on the 2nd floor and was supposedly the same category of room we were staying in previously but would be away from the toilets & the smell. Room 21 was significantly bigger (I would guess 2x), nicely furnished, bigger bathroom, had a nice view and new carpeting. To say these two rooms were of the same category & quality was a joke. The supervisor also informed us that there was constrction taking place on the 4th floor of the building but that work had not begun until 9am which was obviously not the case. I found this humorous but could no longer be bothered arguing with staff at this place. After changing rooms the rest of our stay was pleasant enough.

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank Chris L
Reviewed August 29, 2013

My wife and I stayed in Nuremberg for a short week in order to explore both the city and Eastern Bavaria and this very pleasant hotel helped to provide the perfect base and also helped to make our stay an extremely happy one. A thoroughly nice and helpful staff, a true family atmosphere to the place, a very comfortable room overlooking the park (Room 15 to be recommended and we were lucky in that the lady at the Reception indicated that it was probably the nicest ), parking outside the hotel and even his and her's basins in the lovely bathroom!!. Further, a wonderful breakfast and a location just the right distance from the city centre in order to avoid the crowds (a 15 minute very pleasant walk). But if you do not wish to do the walk every evening, the U-bahn station is only two minutes away and there is also a really nice restaurant on the street corner which we ended up visiting most evenings. Very few criticisms of the room: for five days, we would have appreciated more cupboard/drawer space so that we could unpack properly, air conditioning would have been a Godsend (although the temperature may have been a touch extreme that week!) and the large window between the bedroom and bathroom was an interesting design feature which while impressive, I am not convinced worked entirely - needless to say, I have made a few recommendations to improve it! However, these niggles pale when presented with the overall - we even had a cd player in the room which was a welcome novelty for me! As to price, compare it with the standard rate for basic B&Bs around Germany and it is very favourable. A pretty good week overall therefore and this is thus a strong recommendation. We'll be back!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Charles M
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stopped here for one night travelling from Belgium to Salzburg. We chose it based on the reviews here on Tripadvisor and because it had parking. We were not disappointed.

The hotel was easy to find and there was parking available outside the front door. The staff at reception were excellent; friendly, speaking excellent English and helpful. Although we had requested parking they pointed out that the parking outside on the hotel side of the road was free so we used that instead.

Our room was spacious, with huge windows overlooking the front. The road is not busy and we were able to keep the windows open at night (no air conditioning) without any disturbance. It was easy to walk into the city centre for an evening meal and to see some of the sights.

Breakfast was plentiful and of a good quality. The only thing that would be an improvement is a kettle in the room for those of us who wake up at unearthly hours desperate for a cup of tea!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Spiral2
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed here a couple nights after our Viking River Cruise. It is so conveniently located to the old city, and also half a block from the U2 line Underground (subway). It was so easy to take the U2 to the airport even with our luggage and mom in a wheel chair.

The hotel was clean, spacious, huge windows toward the back view of quaint German buildings. On the front side and just across the street is a huge park ~ Wohrder Wiese . So the street is lined with beautiful shady trees, bike paths and sidewalks.

The breakfast had a great variety in a charming dining room. I don't think there was air conditioning, but opening the huge windows brought in the cross breeze and it became comfortable. The staff was friendly and accommodating to our needs. You must climb one flight of stairs to get up to the lobby, but there is a lift to the rooms from there. We had mom using a wheel chair, but not bound to a wheel chair, so it was manageable. All luggage needs to be handled up the stairs to the lobby.

Room Tip: The rooms on the front street side would be a nice view of the park side. We were on the back side which also had a few trees with good bird watching from sitting on the huge window sill.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family