Movenpick Hotel Nuremberg-Airport
$98
$191
$185
  • Breakfast included
Park Inn by Radisson Nuremberg(Nuremberg)(Great Value!)
$162
$81
Travelocity
  • Pool
1,399 results
All reviewsan early flightrubber duckarriving laterental carnext morningcheck in was quickgreat hotelgreat roomconvenient locationhotel barclean roomssubway stationmini barhotel roomshort staybusiness tripstayed one night
Reviewed August 7, 2011

This was a jump off point for our trip to Greece. We booked a "Park and Fly" room for three people. Our room was more than adequate and the convenience of being able to leave our vehicle there during our entire vacation (up to 14 days) was quite nice. The value for the money is really very good. The staff were friendly and helpful (there were very tolerant of my beginner Deutsch) and the breakfast buffet was very tasty with many choices available.

We would definitely do this again.

Note: This is not a five star hotel but I felt like we received five star treatment.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Dear guest,

thank you very much for giving us your vote on tripadvisor and thank you for your positive comment and recommendation to other customers.

It was a pleasure having you with us and we are looking forward to welcoming you soon again.

Reviewed June 1, 2011

We chose Moevenpick Hotel Nuremberg Airport because of the convenient location, within walking distance (1 minute or so) from the airport, which was a plus for us since we aren't really used to traveling the train system yet. After spending R & R with my son who is stationed in Vilseck, we had an early flight out. This hotel, while a little pricier than we would have liked, was very clean, classy decor, and very friendly staff. A nice gym setup if you want a workout. And a couple of computers in a quiet corner for complimentary use (Wifi is available for a fee). A nice continental breakfast set up early enough (beginning at 0400) for those heading out early. For a quick overnight stay and an early morning departure, it was perfect for us.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Reviewed May 8, 2011

I booked this hotel because I had a flight at 6 am and I did not have a ride to the airport that early. I will give this hotel credit for convenience. Besides its convenient location across from the airport, my stay was a nightmare.
I was traveling with two small animals because we are in the middle of a transition from Germany back the the US (my husband and I are stationed in Germany with the US Army). I emailed this hotel ahead of time to make sure it was okay to bring my animals, and they said "your animals are welcome".
When I got to the hotel, my animal cage was busted. I had to leave my two cats in the room, and take the train to a pet store to get a new one. When I got back to my room, one of my cats was missing. I asked the hotel staff if they could assist me so I could look under the mattress and box spring just in case he was hiding. The staff asked me if this cat had ever came up missing before, and I said "if there is a hole somewhere, he will hide there". The staff assured me there were no holes anywhere in the room and then they acused me of letting the cat out of my room, or letting it out the fourth story window.
I asked the staff if they could ask the other guests on my floor if they had seen my cat, and they told me only one other guest was staying on that floor. This was a lie, because I saw five guest go into three different rooms. When I asked why they lied, he said "because I cannot ask the other guests about your cat". Why couldn't he have been honest with me to begin with?
I asked if I could call the police (my pets are microchipped), and they refused to call and refused to give me the number.
They wanted me to sit in my room with the door open in case the cat returned. I said I would sit in the chair the public area on my floor and they told me I needed to return to my room.
I then asked if I could see the room entry log to see if someone entered my room while I was getting a new pet cage. I was told they do not keep an entry log, even though my room key clearly states that they keep an entry log for security.
At this point, I asked to speak to the manager. Norman told me he was the manager. I saw a sign behind him that said a different manager's name was on duty. Norman said I couldn't speak with that manager because he doesn't speak English. I speak a little German, and I have plenty of friends that could translate. But I was still not allowed to speak to the manager, and still not allowed to contact the police.
At this point, I came to realize I would never see my Siamese Cat again, until I found a hole in the wall underneth the sink. Even though I was assured there was no hole anywhere in the room, there obviously was. Then we had to bust the a small hole in the wall to get my cat out in time to catch my flight.
The hotel charged me 100 Euro (nearly $150 US Dollars) to bust a small hole in the drywall. They claim to be pet friendly, but they have a hole big enough for a 14 pound cat to crawl into (and then charge you to get him out).
This was the most horrible experience I have ever had at a hotel in my entire life. I cannot believe how they actually treated me. At first I felt bad and apologized, but then I remembered how many times they lied to me during this whole mess.
Also, the safetey lock on my door was broken and the carpet was filthy.
Don't stay here if you have pets.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank rd333104
Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

Dear guest,

thank you very much for giving us your vote on tripadvisor.

Somestimes a vote like this is really a personal point of view and therefore I can not comment this.

Reviewed May 5, 2011

This is the second time my wife and I stayed at this hotel. Excellent value, and not a bad location. Less than one minute from the Nuremberg airport by foot, yes walking! Don't worry about airport noise - I heard nothing, Super quite! The metro stop is also less than a minute away and the front desk will assist you in obtaining a pass. Just a few stops from downtown. We arrived very early from the US and although our room was not ready at 8am the staff held our luggage until our return from the city. Great rooms, although the bath tub is very tall and although not a problem for me I think this would be an issue with older or very short people. I am sure they have rooms to accomodate this if necessary.

Room Tip: Second visit and each time was a joy.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2011

We stayed here for one night because we had an early flight the next morning. The hotel was really nice... nothing too flashy or fancy but clean, modern, and nicely decorated. The service was really good, also... I remember having a conversation with the bellboy about my stay in Germany; he was really kind!

The room was spacious enough and wasn't anything too special but again, it was nice. There were chocolate squares on our pillows, which is always a good thing :) The bathroom had a sleek, contemporary feel. The shower was a little small (width wise) and I lost my balance a few times while trying to shave and ended up almost falling out. There was a heater in the bathroom, though, which you don't always get.

The location was so-so. It was not too far from the city (I don't remember quite how far but something like 15 km) but I wouldn't stay here if I was vacationing in Nuremburg. I'd rather be closer to the sights instead of next to an airport.

In conclusion, I think this hotel is best for people visiting Nuremburg for business purposes and not for family vacations. But in any case it was a great hotel and I have nothing bad to say about it!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the airport--cool view.
  • Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Monika G, Manager at Movenpick Hotel Nuremberg-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2012

Dear guests,

thank you very much for your comment and pictures on tripadvisor.

It is very nice to see how our rooms looked like in the past but in the meantime some things changed in the guests rooms. Please have a look on the new pictures.

Kind regards