“Good location”

Le Meridien Grand Hotel Nurnberg
Ranked #29 of 126 Hotels in Nuremberg
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We spent 4 nights in Le Meridien room 512 in the end of April. The hotel is located right across the street from the train station and near the entrance to old town.

The room was nice but noisy because of the main street.

Breakfast and wifi was included in our room rate but wasn't mentioned to us in checkin.
The staff on the front desk needs more of guidance how to tell hotel services for the guests ( wifi, fittness, breakfast, parking,.....).

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
J_rgen_S187310, General Manager at Le Meridien Grand Hotel Nurnberg, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear TravelerMUPU
thank you for your review and the hint that the associates need a bit more training in regards of telling our guests the services on offer. My team and I are looking forward welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Good location and big room.
clean and nice interior design...
Nothing to complain...one thing...bar wasn't good.
bar looks very dark and doesn't feel good in there...although service was good

valet parking...we handed over our car key and they took care of it.
after check out we wanted to check the city again and we could leave the car longer than check out time..nice service

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PANDA0001

Dear PANDAFrankfurtAmMain
Thank you for your positive review and your nice comments about the good service you received. Our bar is an institution in Nürnberg and I feel sorry that you did not like the atmosphere. We will change the light bulbs to get it a bit brighter in there. My team and I hope you will visit us again in the future and remain
General Maanger

Reviewed April 20, 2013

We spent 2 nights here prior to a river cruise on Uniglobe's River Princess. This hotel is located right across the street from the train station and near the entrance to old town. This is a grand hotel in the old tradition as the name implies. The rooms are well maintained and very quiet despite the high traffic area. We had a large lunch in Old Town the next day and wanted something lighter for dinner. We ended up ordering an appetizer plate with wine at a resonable price at the elegant bar of the Grand Hotel which was excellent. It was a larger portion than I expected but we managed to consume most of it. Be sure and experience the local bratwurst at the Bratwursthäusle bei St. Sebald.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
J_rgen_S187310, General Manager at Le Meridien Grand Hotel Nurnberg, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear Arvid O
It is nice to read that you liked your stay, the location and the services on offer. I agree with you, once you are in town, one needs to eat the famous Nürnberg sausages, The restaurant you recommended is also one of the best for sausages in town and I congratulate you on your recommendation.
My team and I wish you all the best and we would be happy if you would stay with us again, once you are in town.
Best regards

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Date of stay: April 2013. Hotel was excellent. SPG Gold membership well-recognized with upgrade to SPG-dedicated deluxe room. Location excellent, across the street from the train station and in front of tram station (for going to Documentation center). Hotel is at the entrance of the old town. Many excellent restaurants within 1 block. Staff appeared genuinely happy with their jobs thus were eager to help. Staff were universally fluent in English. Room was very clean and modern. Only drawback was the tub/shower did not have a full enclosure.

Room Tip: Excellent Indian and Turkish restaurant within 1 block at the entrance of the old town.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ab r
J_rgen_S187310, General Manager at Le Meridien Grand Hotel Nurnberg, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Dear ab r
It is really great to read that you were so happy with your stay, that you liked our unique location next to old city wall and that you appreciated the helpfulnes of our associates. It seems that we did everything right and thank you for sharing this experience with others.
My team and I are looking forward welcoming you back once you are in town again.
Best regards

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We were thinking to do a day trip to Nuremberg from Munich but decided to stay for 2 nights so we can truly explore Nuremberg. We were so glad that we did and this hotel has the best location! It is located right next to the Nuremberg train station and right at the entrance to the old town! Our room was very clean, chic, and spacious. The staff were friendly and provided great suggestions on restaurants near-by.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank xiaotianshi
J_rgen_S187310, General Manager at Le Meridien Grand Hotel Nurnberg, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear xiaotianshi
I read with great pleasure that you liked the central location of the hotel and the friedliness of our associates. Nuremberg has a lot to offer and I doubt that you were able to explore the entire city within 2 days and hope that you will return to explore the rest. With best wishes from my team and myself.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We spent 2 nights in this beautiful hotel in Nurnberg. It is a traditionally old building at the edge of the main city center. The location is great, you don't need your car or taxi to go to the center. (It's walking distance.) Despite the train/bus stations are opposite the hotel, there is no any noise, we could sleep very well. (It's been an advantage for us since our little son could watch the traffic from the huge window.) Rooms are big - we asked connected rooms which were good choice. Comfortable, nicely decorated and furnished. I would emphasize the quality of the bed, (king size) wich was perfect. Bathroom was brilliant and very clean. Breakfast was nice with huge selection of food.
Staff was friendly, helpful and very polite.
We found it very luxurious and loved that! We really liked the whole ambiance of the hotel!

Room Tip: Connected rooms are good choice with child.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank penny p
J_rgen_S187310, General Manager at Le Meridien Grand Hotel Nurnberg, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear penny p
thank you for your troughout positive review of our hotel. It is really nice to read that you liked everything and that you share your experience with others, thank you for that.
Comments like yours make us very proud and they encourage all of us to give the utmost.
My team and I would be very happy if you would stay with us again, once you are in town.
Best regards to you and your family

Reviewed April 6, 2013

As an SPG member I try to support the chain; 1 week prior to this stay due to heavy Easter Bookings we could not get in this property. So we tried again on 6th April.
Check in was faultless, great front of house staff. I informed them we would be having a late dinner in the restaurant as I was waiting for my guests. Was reassured no reservations were required for dinner..
My guests arrived 0920pm and we proceeded to the restaurant; we were told by the restaurant manageress that because of nil reservation made, they were closing at 10pm; we could not have A la Carte dinner and basically either left or accepted a bar style menu of 6 items or so.... I was made a fool in front of my guests by this arrogant young lady that basically could not care less...
The dining room was still full and the Chef could have easily cooked us a quick menu had we been given some consideration

For a 5 Stars SPG property I find this behavior disappointing and some urgent attention is required in F&B operations

I spoke to the Duty Manager later and was offered a complimentary drink in the bar; bar staff were very polite and attentive

Room Tip: Take a room facing the rear as the main street is noisy
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SKYKING_DUCATI
J_rgen_S187310, General Manager at Le Meridien Grand Hotel Nurnberg, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear ZRX1200DAEG
Thnak you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. I am glad to read that the Front Office staff and the bar staff was polite and to your satisfaction. I was very concerned when I read the part from your dinner reservation and that my restaurant waiting staff refused you our a la carte menu, my sincere apologies for that. I have spoken to all relevant team members in the kitchen and in the restaurant that a similar situation will not be tolerated anymore. I hope you accept my apology and I hope that you will stay with us again once you are in town.