“Very good location to stay in Nurnbeg”

Maritim Hotel Nurnberg
Ranked #52 of 126 Hotels in Nuremberg
Curitiba
“Very good location to stay in Nurnbeg”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

The hotel is located 100 m from the train station and of the one of the entrances to the historic center of Nurberg. The hotel was a luxury one around 1990. The areas of reception, restaurants, bar, etc are very well decorated at that time. The rooms require a retrofit, mainly carpets and smoke odor. Excellent breakfast. No wi-fi free, it costs 10 Euros per 24 hours. The service is very good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Francis B
Alexander-Buck, Manager at Maritim Hotel Nurnberg, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the time you spent in our hotel and also for rating your stay.
I agree with you, the hotel is close to the very heart of inner city with all its shops, museums and sightseeing.
We are a traditional luxury class hotel and always try to satisfy our guests.
According to that we steadily renew different parts of the hotel to make your stay more pleasant.
We also recalculated the prices for Wi-Fi and arranged 24 hours of surfing for 4,95 €.

I would like to welcome you again on your next trip to Nuremberg.

Yours sincerely

Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Overnight end here. Not a great choice, but just about ok for one night B&B. Buffet Breakfast no more than average for food quality-variety ok. Problem was overcrowded breakfast room-chaotic. Room was not great, but not bad. Didn't think a lot of the town centre.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for rating our hotel, because that’s the only way we are able to improve our services.

I am very sorry to hear, the quality of our breakfast was not as expected.
We use only fresh and regional products and always do have a special attention on quality. It sometimes occurs that there are peak times in the breakfast room, especially if there is a fair in Nuremberg taken place.
Nevertheless I hope you enjoyed your stay.
I would like to welcome you again and show you we can do better.

Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel, on fairly busy thorough fair. No free wi-fi, which seems the norm in higher end hotels. ? Not far from the city centre. Good breakfast and very good selection. Room a bit musty, need to replace carpet to get rid of old smoke odors. Why bother with carpet, really. Would return.

• Stayed June 2013
Alexander-Buck, Manager at Maritim Hotel Nurnberg, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

I appreciate you enjoyed your time in Nuremberg and in our hotel.
Many thanks for taking the time to rate our services.

Located directly between main station and inner city we are a perfect starting point for business travellers.
The Wifi is according to technical reasons not free of charge, but I think, with 4,95 € for 24h surfing we did find an acceptable price.
I also was pleased to hear that you have participated at our famous MARITIM Breakfast Buffet.

We would be very happy to welcome you again at your next trip to Nuremberg.

Yours sincerely

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Yes the rooms harken back to the golden age late 70's/early 80's, but it doesn't ruin your stay or anything. The location is great for visiting old town. Across the street to the north is the entrance to Nürnberg's old town, super ideal for tourists. I read many reviews regarding it's proximity to the red light district but that must have been either to the south or exaggerated. We went to old town and didn't notice anything seedy at all. For the part of Nürnberg we wanted to see it was perfect.
The staff was more pleasant than most in our 6 hotel journey through Germany. At checkin, we mentioned that it was our honeymoon trip and they upgraded our room to the top floor suite and sent us champagne and fruit. We would have have been happy with a breakfast but they went above and beyond. We were very impressed by the service.
We didn't visit the restaurant/bar, but popped our heads in to see that it looked pretty lively. Didn't use the WiFi but the reviews/complaints seem pretty standard for Germany as we've experienced.

Room Tip: The upper floors have an amazing view of the old town.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Matt H
Alexander-Buck, Manager at Maritim Hotel Nurnberg, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

A very pleasant „Thank you“ for taking the time and rating our hotel.
We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay in Nuremberg and the MARITIM Hotel.
I will handle this comment further to our stuff.
Such positive feedback is inspiring us to high service performance and gives a motivational boost.

Nuremberg has lots to see and to offer.
I am keen on welcoming you again, if you’ll stay in Nuremberg for another time.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Good things - beautiful reception, bar and restaurant. Our room was large. And sadly that's where it ends.
Bad things -
Reception - snappy, impatient and unfriendly when I asked for directions to the city centre.
Wifi - as already remarked one needs to sign up and pay. Six months ago I spent nine weeks in Romania. Every hotel, no matter how remote, provided fast and free wifi. The Maritim says that you can use the Business Centre - it was locked.
The corridors smelled and the smell was reminiscent of cigarette smoke but wasn't.
The room was tired and in need of a refurbishment. Yellow walls, pinkish frayed carpet, dark wood panelling, dirty stained furniture. Only one barely filled pillow available. No coffee/tea facilities in the room but there was a 75cl bottle of water for €5.50!!! That's about five times more expensive than petrol - from the tap it's free.
Bathroom - a shower curtain and chipped bath.
Old big box TV is a further indication that there is a lack of investment.
Bar - horrendously expensive €14.50 for a G&T and a small beer. Cost of beer in restaurant is lower!
Restaurant - lavishly decorated in a dated style. Slow service and only really sprang into action when leaving restaurant owing for a beer. Stuffed chicken was tasteless. As we were leaving the restaurant a mouse ran across the carpet behind the dessert stand.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Stuart G
Alexander-Buck, Manager at Maritim Hotel Nurnberg, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

I have to thank you for staying in our hotel and taking the time to rate our house and services. I am glad to hear also the negative impressions of your stay, because the opinion of our guests is important and only though we can improve ourselves.

It is very unusual to hear that the front desk stuff was not as friendly as you expected and I am very sorry for these circumstances. I will handle your comment to the stuff it concerns.

About free Wi-Fi, unfortunately it is not possible of technical reasons, but with 4,95 € for 24 hours surfing I think we calculated an acceptable price.

Up to the smell in the corridors, I am also very sorry for. But there are a few smoking rooms left, for special guest, who want to smoke in their hotel room, so the floor, which you mentioned, is surely close to the smoking rooms.

We are constantly refurnishing and renovating our hotel to assure our guests have a pleasant stay. In order to that we renovated our whole pool and fitness area at beginning of the year for example.
I am very sorry our classical décor and traditional furniture did not please you.

Also for the experiences you made in our restaurant I have to excuse. I will have a meeting with our restaurant stuff, discussing the points you have mentioned.

MARITIM Hotel Nürnberg has lots to offer and Nuremberg is worse more than one visit.
Hopefully I will welcome you again, if staying in Nuremberg to improve the impressions you gained from your last stay.

Director

Travelers are raving about these Nuremberg hotels

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights and I have mixed feelings about this hotel. Let me begin with the good points, it is very close the the main train station and the old town, the water pressure in the shower is amazingly great, the front desk staff are warm and friendly and the check in process is smooth. The bad points, no wifi unless you sign up and pay with a service provider by a credit card (although they do let you use the business centre downstairs for 30 minutes), there is no kettle or tea\coffee facilities in the room, the rooms are a throw back to 1987, the rooms are hot and the air conditioning does not seem to work. Overall I would rate this hotel a 6\10 and probably would not stay here again if I came to Nuremberg however I would not rate them a total failure.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

thank you for the time you spent in our hotel and also for rating your stay.
I will handle the special comment further to our stuff, which is concerned within.
Also I am glad to hear about your negative comments, because that’s the only way to improve our services.
According to your notes, I am sorry to tell, cause of technical reason we are not able to give free wifi, but I think with 4,95 € for 24 hours internet access, we calculated an acceptable price.
Because a pipe was broken, air-condition you mentioned was broken down for the last view days, I am very sorry the reception did not told you so.
Also I am sad about the fact, our classic room décor did not please you.
I hope to welcome you again next time you are staying in Nuremberg to give you a better impression of our hotel.

Yours Sincerely

Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed May 3, 2013

this is not my first time at this hotel, but certainly my last! The location is good, but not great - walking distance to the old town, but right on a main thouroughfare. The rooms are small even for German standards and pretty worn out. The service was standard and the breakfast was good, even if the breakfast room is very 80s.
for Euro 150++ there are far better places to stay in Nuernberg, even if you want to be within 200 meters of the train station.
It didn't help that there was a construction site next door where the noise started before 7am.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank elvistoo
Alexander-Buck, Manager at Maritim Hotel Nurnberg, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank your very much for staying again in our hotel and for the time you have taken evaluating the MARITIM Hotel Nürnberg.

With great regret we have read your notes about your stay.
Unfortunately we can not undo your experience.
The location in the heart of the city comes with some noises of town, so our windows are isolated against surrounding sounds. Also we can offer you rooms to the side street during the period of construction in the neighbourhood.

Rooms of our classic category are simply furnished and rather practical, so if you would like to have a more comfortable and spacious room there are different categories like superior rooms, studios and suits we can offer you.

I sincerely do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again for improving your last impressions.