“Great Atmosphere, friendly attentive service”

O-Sha Thai-Restaurant
Ranked #45 of 1,205 Restaurants in Nuremberg
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Altstadt - St. Lorenz
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We went to O-Sha recently for the second time. The first time was about one year ago and it was pretty good so we went back. I had the Tuna Sashimi salad - the special, and my husband had the Pad Thai with shrimp. Both safe bets based on our previous experience. In fact, the tuna sashimi the first time one year ago was perfect. On this visit when the sashimi came out I noticed a slight fishy odor, this is not good. The color was slightly off and the fish itself was not firm and bright, it was dull and slightly spongy. I ate one piece and although the taste was not "off" the color, texture and smell was not at all right. I eat sushi, sashimi, and all other forms of raw fish frequently. I unfortunately had to send it back. On a good note, my husbands pad thai was absolutely excellent, the prawns were huge, tasty, fresh and overall delicious. We would go again for the pad thai or other noodle dishes, maybe not for the sashimi though. Also- the Bangkok Iced Tea was fabulous, would go back just for that!

Reviewed September 9, 2012

The food and even the cheap wine was nice. However, it was so extremely busy that unless you sit outside it is not possible to talk to other people.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Great food, good cheap wines. The only problem is to get places. If you not have reservation have to seat outside.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

The service was a little slow (the restaurant was very busy), but the food absolutely delicious!

I would certainly recommend it to someone looking for a bit of variety to German food.

I would recommend that you book a table though, as we were there on a Wednesday, and couldn't get a table for an hour.

1  Thank Boris1
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I chose to go to this restaurant based on the reviews on TripAdvisor. When I arrived (around 8 PM on a Monday), I was told there were no tables available inside (though I could see empty tables) and I asked if I could sit outside, to which a waiter told me YES. After sitting outside for 20 minutes (next to another table of waiting customers), not a single person came outside to serve us and we never even got menus. I left soon after as it was clear that my business did not matter.

3  Thank DixieLee2006