B&B Hotel Nuernberg-City
Good 3.5/5
  • Room Service
Hotel Fackelmann(Nuremberg)
Very Good 4/5
Adina Apartment Hotel Nuremberg(Nuremberg)
Great 4.5/5
  • Pool
Good 3.5/5
  • Breakfast included
Great 4.5/5
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsfree wifigreat locationold townthe main train stationfamily roombudget hotelgerman museumrecommend this hotelclean hotelunderground parkingnational museumstayed here for one nightbed and breakfastby footside streetshort stayper day
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Small modern rooms brightly appointed, free wi-fi was good and the breakfast was good nothing special but worth the price for an average german style breakfast. Very close to the train station but do not walk out of the main station into the city center. Stay on the south side of the road called Frauentorgarben and you'll be there in 5 minutes. Great value and very close to all the sites in town. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank MickD415
andrestock, Manager at B&B Hotel Nuernberg-City, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Dear MickD415,

thank you very much for your review here on Tripadvisor.
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcoming you back here in Nuremberg soon.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

I enjoyed staying in this hotel whilst attending a conference in Nuremberg. It was clean, and although our room smelled strongly of smoke (why I don't know as there is a clear no smoking sign), we had everything we needed. A mini fridge would've been nice, but it seems to be the norm in Europe to not have a fridge.

Something I definitely want to mention, is the staff. They are absolutely fantastic! We had to check out at 12pm on the day we left, but only left Nuremberg at 1am the following morning. Loretta allowed us to stay in the breakfast area where we could charge our phones/laptops and spend the evening until we left.The staff were also always happy to send us in the right direction when we were looking for something in particular.

Furthermore, this hotel is not expensive (although breakfast is a bit pricey... there are lots of bakeries around where you can get breakfast for much cheaper!) and close to the Old City.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Dear MarilizeBurger,

thank you very much for sharing your experience on tripadvisor. It is nice to hear that you had a pleasent stay in our hotel and that you were very satisfied with our service.

We hope to welcoming you again in our hotel if you come back to nuremberg.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

The hotel is well situated just outside the old walls. We were met by a blank faced young lady who was anything but welcoming. Although the booklet said free parking they wanted 6 euros a night after a 'few words' we got it free as we were on a motor bike. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the room......decorated like a nursery with a 3/4 size bed with one pillow and a set of bunks!!! I thought this was a one off but I had a look in quite a few rooms which were being cleaned and this was the norm.
On the positive side the place was spotlessly clean and the breakfast; which was about 5 euros extra was well worth the money. After 'blank face' went off duty the other girls were charming and helpful.
This is a well situated hotel to see the city and we would stay again.

Room Tip: As the hotel is on a noisy road opt for a back or side room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 4, 2012

Dear Zoe53,

thank you very much for taking the time writing your experience about our hotel on tripadvisor. I am really sorry that you didn't feel welcome at the check-in. I have already discussed your matter with my employees. Next time she will do better. The room you booked was a family room which is equipped with a bunk bed. Families with children love these rooms in our hotel, I am sorry that it was not your taste.
It's nice to hear that you liked everything else in our hotel and I am looking forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed June 12, 2012

The hotel is what I expected to be, and thats nice. The frontdesk girl was really stiff, and not that helpful, but thats ok. It worked for me.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 4, 2012

Dear RenatoPereira,

thank you very much for sharing your review on tripadvisor. It's nice to hear that you felt comfortable in our hotel and you found what you expected. But on the other hand our claim is to do better than this. So I took your appraisal as an opportunity to train my employees.
I hope that you choose our hotel again when you come back to nuremberg so we can show you that we do better than expected.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

The staff was rude and unhelpful. The rooms were dirty and "motel" feeling. Not a family hotel in the least. More like the type of hotel two young people backpacking across Europe would stay in to save some money. Location is good, it's right outside the walls of "old Nuremberg". But do yourself a favor...stay INSIDE the walls of old Nuremberg....WAY better atmosphere

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank GreJes
andrestock, Manager at B&B Hotel Nuernberg-City, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2012

Dear GreJes,

I am really sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay in our hotel. In the time you have been in Nuremberg the famous Music Festval "Rock im Park" took place. In this time Nuremberg is in a kind of "state of Emergency". Maybe this is the reason why you felt uncomfartable with your family. I hope to welcoming you in our hotel another time. You will see the difference...

Best regards