“Thoroughly Enjoyed”

Albrecht Durer Stube
Ranked #1 of 1,128 Restaurants in Nuremberg
Cuisines: German, European, Central European
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: We are looking forward to your visit!
Dallas, Texas
“Thoroughly Enjoyed”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

We stopped in for a beer and a light snack and ended up having a bit more than originally planned, we thoroughly enjoyed our goulash, sausages and sauerkraut, it was wonderful and the service was great. We would have come back however we did not have enough time just glad we had a chance to stop in and enjoy some authentic German fare,

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Mi-Dan20

• Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Longmeadow, MA
“An old favorite I hoped had not been discovered”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

My wife and I first discovered this place long before the internet in 1979: it never appeared in any guidebooks, and on the first of perhaps a dozen visits over the years to this amazingly beautiful city during the Christkindlmarkt, we just came upon it as we roamed the beautiful and mysterious old neighborhood of St. Sebald. We tried it for lunch and found it to be the most charmng restaurant in all of the city. Looking back on many years of travel through Bavaria and Austria, I think it is the most charming restaurant we have visited anywhere in those regions. We both had the Schauefele, the house specialty, which is what other reviewers here have translated as pork shoulder, a cut of pork unlike anything in the US. We haven't been back for a few years now, but that succulent pork dish in its jus epitomizes for us what Bavarian or Franconian cuisine is all about. On every return visit since, we have made a reservation at the Stube the one must-do for our stay. In browsing Tripadvisor today, I was just curious to see if by chance the restaurant had made it to this website, and seeing it at Number 6 is both gratifying but also a little disturbing: I always liked to think of this as just my place that no one knows about so it never changes. It makes me want to return to this beautiful soulful establishment as soon as possible. Like so much in beautiful Old Bavaria, thank God for traditions.

• Visited December 2013
5 Thank RobLongmeadow_MA
Guelph, Canada
“Another winner!”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Our hotel recommended this to us after we raved about Goldenes Posthorn, saying this was even better - although it didn't quite live up to Goldenes Posthorn for me, it was a REALLY close second. We both had pork shoulder which was excellent, but if you go during asparagus season you ABSOLUTELY MUST. MUST. have a big bowl of the asparagus cream soup. It was the best thing we ate in Germany. Amazing and indescribable. My boyfriend still has regrets over his order of the small bowl.

• Visited June 2014
Lancs, England
“Amazing meal.”
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

Came here on the last night of our holiday and we were so pleased we did. It was busy and we hadn't booked but they found us room on a large communal table which was fine and added to the atmosphere as it gave us people to chat to about holidays/food/nuremberg etc.
I ordered the goulash and my husband ordered the pork. Both came with potato dumpling but we were given the option of fried potatoes instead which we took. Both meals were fantastic and the potatoes to die for. The pork came with gorgeous red cabbage and my goulash came with an amazing salad crammed full of different things. I finished off with a creme brûlée which was delicious. Service was top notch. Everything about this place was fantastic. Crammed full of old nic nacks inside. Make sure you visit this place. We went on a Wednesday and it was busy so I would suggest booking especially at weekend so you don't miss out. Best meal we had all week.

Visited July 2014
melbourne
“Fabulous place for lunch”
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

We somehow chose this restaurant without knowing about all the raves on Tripadvisor. We had just been to Albrecht Duerer's house so maybe the name drew us in but boy! What a find! It was about 2:30pm so most diners were finishing but no problem ordering a meal. My husband made what seems the popular male choice of pork shoulder, roast potatoes and red cabbage and I had the potato pancakes/ fritters with a mushroom sauce and a side-salad. We both enjoyed our meals although the salad had a little too much dressing for my liking. I took a photo of the glass of Reisling I was served up, I wish the restaurants back home would be that generous! A nice wine to boot. The dessert tasting plate was very decadent and totally worth it, between the two of us we cleaned up the platter. The best thing was the bill! If we had been staying on in Nuremberg we would have been there twice a day. Highly recommended.

Visited July 2014