“maybe I expected too much....”

Historiche Bratwurst Glocklein
Ranked #53 of 1,119 Restaurants in Nuremberg
Cuisines: German, European, Central European
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Altstadt - St. Lorenz
Herning
“maybe I expected too much....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2011

I was pretty confident that a fine experience would be waiting for me in the fine little Bratwurst Glocklein tonight but I have to say that I was kind of disappointed. I started with a Franken potato soup. This was without any taste at all... it could have been anything. The only good thing about it was that it was hot! Then came my 8 pcs of Rostbratwürstl with homemade potato salad. This was served on a small metal plate. The sausages were not very hot... and they tasted of..... well nothing really. They were absolutely neutral... as was the potato salad. The waitress was yawning and seemed pretty careless about the guests. I finished my meal with a apfelstrudel with vanillacream. This was fairly okay.. but all in all I would have chosen another place. Definitely not a place for me to come back to :) Normally I'm very much into small charming bavarian restaurants... but this one never really caught my heart :) PS: The beer was good though!!

• Visited December 2011

• Korean first
  • Thai first
Madison, Alabama
“Perfect port for the storm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2011

Our visit to Nuremberg had just begun but our stomachs were grumbling and we needed to stop for some lunch. This is the only restaurant inside the tiny little craftwerk villiage so a busy day might leave you waiting for service but we had no such troubles today. As the winds were blowing hard outside, we were snugly seated inside ordering their specialties, all of which were delicious and fairly priced. It appears the place is popular with tourists and locals alike. Be warned that the average adult male can probably eat about 6 of the little Nurnberg Brats without effort, eat moderately.....you can always come back. The waitresses wear those traditional dresses that make you think about Oktoberfest and ours spoke excellent English. Not a bad place to fill your belly while you wait for the weather to improve. If you need more of the same, there is a restaurant with an identical menu across from the rathaus not too far away.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank kkibby43
Dana Point, California
“Limited Menu but very tasty food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2009

This is a restaurant located within the Handwerkerhof courtyard of shops near the main train station. The building and decor is classic German. It has a menu primarily limited to the small Nuernberg sausages, soups and side dishes. The prices are very reasonable. We each had a bowl of delicious and filling potato soup and my husband also had a plate of six small Nuernberg sausages with sauerkraut. I had apple strudel with vanilla sauce for dessert. All of the food was very good.