“Best avoided”

Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Neighborhood: Altstadt - St. Lorenz
Reviewed October 18, 2011

Like others have said, the location is superb. However, other aspects leave a lot to be desired. It is expensive, often loud and noisy, and the service is not anywhere near what I would consider professional. Once I was brought the wrong coffee and they refused to take it back. There are far better places in Nuremberg in my opinion.

1  Thank saturdayedition

Reviewed July 9, 2011

the location of the celona is in my opinion one of the best in nuremberg. The food is delicious and their lemon squash is during the summer months the best refreshment ever. Their only have one problem and that is the staff. They need forever, cant find the right table or serve you the wrong things.

1  Thank jukro
Reviewed July 7, 2011

We arrived on a busy Thursday evening, just as the heavens opened. The staff, bar and kitchen all seemed to struggle with the influx of customers and we waited over 20 minutes before having our order taken. Drinks took around 35 minutes to arrive, and our first course came about another 20 minutes later. The food was not expensive but was extremely average, with no hint of flair or chef-prepared individual flavour (it was like the food had been bought at the supermarket and simply heated in the kitchen). Really not a good evening and I honestly could not recommend to anyone.

1  Thank Matt1973x
Reviewed January 17, 2010

As I live nearby I have visited this restaurant many times and it's a favorite place to bring visitors in warm weather because of its terrace overlooking the Pegnitz River. The service and food are definitely not the draw. On one visit the waitress spilled my coffee as she was delivering it, covering the table, part of my meal and some on my clothes. She was apologetic but never even offered to comp the coffee (guess they don't do that here in Germany). On another more recent visit several pieces of the meat in my dish were so tough I couldn't even chew them and ended up spitting them out in my napkin. When the waiter asked how my meal was I explained the toughness of the meat and that was that. If you don't care or plan to do anything about it then why bother asking a customer how their meal was?

Bottom line: come in warm weather to enjoy a drink on the terrace and soak in the atmosphere. Eat elsewhere. I can highly recommend Heilig Geist Spital.

Reviewed December 27, 2009

Found this great restaurant just 2 min walk from the Christkindlsmarkt childrens market right by the Schuldturm. (Vordere Insel Schuett 4). Food was fresh, well prepared, interesting and very reasonable. Cadre of young servers was really hustling. They understand that not everyone wants to (or can) take a 2-hour lunch break, though you certainly could linger if you wish. They even have a weekday buffet which was very good (and rare in Bavaria).

The whole restaurant is well-appointed (initially feared bringing in our 2 & 6 year olds), but they were actually VERY accommodating to families with kids--even had a small play corner and several high chairs (a surprising number of restaurants in Europe don't have high chairs). Dont worry--this place is big enough that diners who choose could be well away from the kids' corner. There is even a complete downstairs seating area that was just as fabulous and walks right onto another terrace. This place is right on the river, with lots of seating and terrific views.

This is a great place to take a shopping break for lunch, coffee, or a drink. Haven't tried dinner there yet, but I'd expect a very good experience. Highly recommend.

1  Thank Chris G