“Clean, well designed, good service, good price”

Novina Hotel Tillypark
Ranked #12 of 126 Hotels in Nuremberg
Reviewed April 8, 2013

If you are not bothered by not being in the centre of the city this is a perfect hotel to stay in. We travelled through Europe by car and needed to stay in Nuremberg. We know this city well so we were not bothered by staying away from the centre. It was 2013 'spring' after a week of heavy snowfall which meant still cold and nasty everywhere. We ate in the hotel restaurant which offered good food and good German beer.
Breakfast was excellent with a very big choice for everyone. Price was very reasonable for a room and breakfast option. The room was clean and thoughtfully designed (modern and 'clean' design). It was warm with very good quiet aircon system (this time it was warming the room). The bathroom was spotless and frankly speaking everything else was too. Very big comfortable bed and we were on the quiet side. I do not even know if there is a noisy side.
I would, however, make a reservation in advance as this is a hotel near the International Fair which means you may not get the room if you appear on the day, on the hotel doorsteps.

Congratulations to the hotel management. We travel a lot through Nuremberg and we will be back at Novina again, now that we discovered it.

Room Tip: Top floor car park side
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
NOVINA-Tillypark, Guest Relations Manager at Novina Hotel Tillypark, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear Anna T,
thank you for being our guest at NOVINA HOTEL Tillypark and your lovely review - it ´s motivation in an optimal way! Our staff is trying to take care of our guests everyday with the highest diligence. To see that our concept of service is perceivable for you makes our day-to-day work worthwhile.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

True to my word I said that if I decided to come to Nuremburg again then I would stay at the Novina Tillypark. Nothing much has changed since my last visit. The facilities are pretty much the same. An Ethernet connection is required if you wish to use internet free of charge (cables can be found at reception), if not then you need to pay to use a T Mobile hotspot.

Standards have not slipped since my last visit, I found my rooms to be clean and cleaned on a daily basis. We were there over the Easter period and free Milka chocolate bunnies were left for me my wife and our two boys. My boys are aged 4 and 5 and sleep with two soft toys that they have grown attached to over the years. The maid tucked them into bed for my boys when she cleaned the room. It's nice little personal touches like this that show the staff care about their work.

The guys and girls at reception were great especially when it came to booking a restaurant in town and also for other bits of helpful local advice.

The hotel is in a great location about 100m metres from the subway with regular connections into town. Despite being next to a main road the rooms are more than adequately soundproofed.

I used the gym and sauna facility this time around, the gym is a tread mill some free weights, a bench and a ski machine. Enough to get by if you really need to work out when you're away. the sauna area is exceptionally clean and well maintained with lockers available, there is the usually 1 euro coin (refundable) to operate the lock.

Food is good albeit dearer than eating in town. Again the waitresses were impeccably polite and for those of you with young children, colouring menus and pencils are provided (always a bonus!).

Another job well done really for the Tillypark is all I can say and yet again if I choose to visit Nuremburg than I shall most certainly return here and recommend to my friends.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
NOVINA-Tillypark, Guest Relations Manager at Novina Hotel Tillypark, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear chindit2000,
what a great pleasure to read your feedback. We were truly pleased reading that you enjoyed your stay and, of course, this is exactly what we are working for – thank you. We try to remain as well as you notice us.
Cordially,

Reviewed February 6, 2013

We were in Nuremberg for the Spielzeugmesse, so hotels were all pretty expensive, but we found that Novina Tillypark was a good choice. It appears to be way out of the centre, but the Gustav Adolf Straße U-Bahn station is about 100m from the hotel and the brand-new state-of-the art U3 line takes you to the Altstadt (old town) in 5-10 minutes and the airport and exhibition centre in 20-30 mins.
Our room was large, with complimentary wired internet access (cable available at reception), a large shower room with separate toilet, an enormous bed and flat screen TV with hundreds of channels in lots of different languages.
The breakfast buffet was amongst the best we have seen and, because we were pretty tired after the Trade Fair, we ate in the hotel restaurant all three nights. The food was very good and reasonably priced and all the staff were unfailingly friendly, helpful and efficient. One evening there was a bit of a mix up with our order and they gave us extra complimentary dish and beer to compensate for the delay.
We really enjoyed our stay and would certainly consider a return visit.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
NOVINA-Tillypark, Guest Relations Manager at Novina Hotel Tillypark, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Dear Mr. Pericoloso,
thank you for staying at NOVINA HOTEL Tillypark and the time you took to write this amazing review. With pleasure we read your compliments and give it back to our staff. It´s our first ambition to satisfy our guests and make you feel comfortable – particularly after a stressful day on the Spielzeugmesse. We hope to see you again next year!
Cordially,

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Amother place I cannot fault. The front lounge is a bit cramped & the bar/restaurant area looks a little small. However - Our room was roomy & had all we wanted, the bar/restaurant served food that was truly fabulous. The breakfast was a buffet which was faultless. The staff were excellent also. Location is approx 5 mins slow stroll from the subway (there is nothing in the locality so just as well its only 2/3 stops from the centre). When we return to Nuremburg - we will look no further.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
NOVINA-Tillypark, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Novina Hotel Tillypark, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Dear FlannoUK,
thank you for visiting the NOVINA HOTEL Tillypark and, of course, your friendly review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Furthermore, your satisfaction is our best motivation to improve our services. To afford you a perfect start in the day, a fresh and healthy breakfast is essential – we´re glad that we could make our ambitions perceivable for the guests.
We hope to see you again & best wishes from snowy Germany,

Reviewed December 3, 2012

I stayed here 3 years ago, and 2 years ago and on both occasions I wrote a great review of this hotel. This year we were once again headed for Nuremberg and decided to stay here once more. I was curious to see how it was now. Well, I can say this remains one of my favorite hotels. The rooms are clean, crisp, modern and inviting, even though we did get a much smaller room than previously. Bathrooms are clean and functional. The breakfast is still amazing! There is so much choice of excellent products. I was also very pleasantly surprised to find the room charge was substantially less than before.
There is easy access to downt town by metro and there is free parking on the hotel grounds. I love this place and it gets another 5 stars!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
NOVINA-Tillypark, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Novina Hotel Tillypark, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Dear Scandolive,
thank you for visiting us once again. To satisfy our guests and make you feel comfortable is our intention, because of that it´s great to hear that you’ve enjoyed it. We definitely would give the compliments back to you.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

The hotel is located outside of city centre but with U-Bahn you are in few minutes in the city. And there is a bus stop next to the entrance that will take you to Suedwest park, if you are on business. The price is reasonsble, the room is large and comfortable, at breakfast there is a great choice of everything you can wish for. The room service was fast and the delivered dinner delicious. Free internet access. I stayed one night before at La Meridien at the main station as Novina was all booked. The room rate in La Meridien was double price, plus 22€ for breakfast and 22€ for internet. The room was significantly smaller and very noisy even on 5th floor. Therefore, I think Novina is a really good choice if you are staying in Nuremberg and want comfort for less money.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Staying at Novina Hotel was a most pleasant experience. The room was extremely comfortable and I loved the pillows! I have never slept so peacefully at a hotel before. The staff were very friendly and accomodating at the front desk and in the restaurant. The breakfast was amazing. The decor is inviting and tasteful and the computer station easy to use. I highly recommend this hotel as it is a great value.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple